Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Johannah

Be careful what you ask-

Hi Johnny,

I asked Eric, but he wasn't sure...is there a way to un-register on the forum? I've seen a few posts that said no longer registered or something like that, but I can't seem to locate any button or anything that does the job. I've been getting PM's from someone who asked me that question and I didn't have any answer for him either, but he says he would un-register if given the option. Can you let me know? Thanks,

Hello Johannah,

There is no un-register process that a member can initiate through the forum software. It has to be requested through the Admin, which I have provided for other members in the past. Please refer that matter to me so that I can provide their request.

Thank you,

Thanks Johnny,

But considering that the guy never posts and is only on the site because he is a "devotee"...I doubt he'd consult/contact the Admin on the site.

But, thanks again...I'll let him know.

Hello Johannah,

I have a problem with having devotees hiding as registered members on the forum. It is a violation of peoples trust of which I am responsible for eliminating. So unless you want me to think of you as harboring devotees on our forum, which would make you an accessory or possibly a devotee yourself, my suggestion is to come clean and tell me what is really on your mind.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

First off, Noone is "harboring" anyone-I didn't however feel as if it were my "duty" to do anything about this other person's being here. I have suggested to him that it isn't really appropriate for him to be on this forum and he agreed, beyond that I don't feel as though I am responsible for someone else's business. I checked his profile and he doesn't list himself as an amputee, he also doesn't post. What is it that you'd like me to do? I'm not a moderator or an administrator on the forum, am I supposed to banish him? He hasn't said anything "offensive" in nature to me, so I hold no grudge against him. He said he would "un-register", but there appears to be no way for him to do that. An "accessory" or "devotee" myself? Come clean? My cooperation? I'm not sure if I should be offended or not? If this man is on the forum there are probably several others too and I would say that a good percentage of the guests may be also...what do you propose to do Johnny, banish them all? I agree they don't belong here, but that isn't going to change the statistics any. As for myself, since you seem to be on a glorified "witch hunt" of late, perhaps you should "un-register" me? I have no desire to be under scrutiny from you or anyone else, I have enough other hurdles in my life than to deal with such nonsense. I think you have more than you'll ever be able to handle with the "devotee" problem. I don't think that you'll be able to keep them at bay, but hopefully they'll at least remain polite. Which is more than I can say about this PM.

Johannah,

I have obviously struck a nerve here, of which I am not at all happy about. If you are not interested in cooperating with me in regard to helping me preserve the safety of our forum, and are on the defensive with my previous PM, I question that you are who you say that you are, and assume that you have your own agenda on our forum, that is different than anybody elses. Please help me to understand, as I would prefer to clear this matter up with you. I have enough other hurdles in my life too, and would prefer to spend my time helping people, rather than having to be concerned about the safety of the amputee forum. I would hope that you would understand the responsibility that I have here, and not take this personally.

Respectfully,

How you would expect that I not take your PM personally or be offended by it in any way has me completely baffled, Johnny. Perhaps you're right, if you are any measure of the "agenda" of this forum than I don't belong here. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "cooperating", what exactly was it that you were proposing? I don't see what it is that you felt needed "clearing up" either? How do you expect that I have some means of securing the "safety" of the forum, anyways? Anyone can come onto this site, Johnny, it's an "open" forum. The guests don't have to undergo this kind of scrutiny, do they? I'm sorry that you are taking what you obviously feel like as "some sort of invasion" so personally, but that doesn't give you the right to attack me or my character. I was very upfront with you about my question, I asked it...you replied...I explained my reason for asking...you attacked my character. Gee...I wonder if you struck a nerve? As for the forum, there are some very nice people here-there's my agenda. Now that you know...please unregister me immediately.

--------------------

Johannah "MoJo"

What you've just read is an exchange between the Administrator and myself that took place over the past few days. It won't be here for long no doubt, but for the moment it is. I wanted to say that I have been surprised by the comradery of those who participate on this forum and I have found you all to be very caring and compassionate people. Please stay that way...I apologize if I've had a tendency to "counsel" too much, it's what I do. :angry: As Eric says, the forum can be addictive. Not for me though, I haven't got enough time in the day as it is. So, I'll say goodbye now. Oh, and Johnny...perhaps you should re-examine your approach in the future?

Even though posting a private conversation in a public forum without your counterpart's consent isn't nice (and it IS against forum policy), I doubt your post is going to be deleted, Johannah, even if only because it opens a gate to a discussion that I think needs to happen.

I seem to be the only moderator online now and I know, as you do, it's going to be a while for Johnny to have the chance to read this. All I'll say for now is I'm sure our admin will handle this thread and whatever discussion arises from it in the best way possible and at least until then, I suggest we refrain from starting a forum wildfire.

Thanks, everyone!!

LauraG

I don't like to get involved with things like this but I have been compelled to write something at least.

It is impossible I would have thought to stop unwanted people being involved on this forum. Johannah has just asked for advice as someone has come to her, I see no reason why she is being treated this way. But maybe when Johnny has had some time away and re reads what has been written he will see it better in the cold light of day, we all make mistakes.

Again, I know it's tempting to put in your two cents right now, everyone, but we should wait for our admin to have a chance to read this and respond as he thinks is correct before forming any sort of opinion. We'll all have a chance to express our thought on the matter a bit later on and I'm sure it will be a much more productive discussion after that happens. I'm going to temporarily close this thread until Johnny opens it again.

Thanks for understanding.

LauraG