Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marianne

Another step forward ...more to go

Today was a typicall fridday for me with my weekly visit to my shrink lady who tries to fix my head and helps me out like waaay much . Yaa , sometimes she makes me sooooooo mad but , she really does try hrad .

Today for example . We talked a bunch in the past about my future and about my upcommng revison and yaaaa , i am waay scared an dfreaked out by bthewhole thing .... as in not yet ready to deakl with all this and this is where she is really helppinging me . Today we paid a visit to the rehab hospital which is right next door to her offfice and we both saw first hand how others are walking , moving forward an dgetting on with ligfe in general . OK , yaaa , i could have had this done much sooner than the planed date of Jan or feb of 05 but i am clarely not ready to deal with this so , it was time to take the step of seeing what the end result would be ... WALKING .

I threw a temper tantrum , scrwamed got mad , cried but , i also saw for the first time a REAL person right there in front of me doing now what i will be doing soon myself so , from that point , it was a great day afterall . Ya , i have tonnes of work to do yet an dya , i still need to get my head around having yet another Dr. work on me . I hav eto waaay confess however that i am really scared about this still becaus eof what happened that last time i was i njured and treated by a new Dr. who messed up waaay big . I keep thinking an dwondering if this will again happen .

I talked about this over and over and over with my familiy and friends an dall agree that it will be hard but the long term thingie is that i will again do somethin g i have not done since sept of last year .... walk again . Today , it all made sence to me when i was talking and i ws told about the great joy it will be to be able to walk down a street hand in hand . Yaaa , i cried

Waliking down a street , hand in hand ....... I still can't believ it will actually reallly happen . Brenda , can i skip the baby steps and move straight to HUGE leaps .... huge leaps in living again ? :D :D :D

MJ, it'll be the most rewarding time of your life, when you take that first step, there really are no words to describe it. I recall when I took my first step, I said to my husband, "this must have been how I felt, when I took my first baby step." only to young to put it in words. The smiles, the laughter, the happiness, the hugs and yes the tears of joy, as I put my arms around my husband and heard him say, "I'm so proud of you." :)

You too will have those feelings and more, when you take your first step and then put your arms around your dad. :rolleyes: What a wonderful day that will be for you and everyone who knows you. I know it may seem like a struggle to get to that point, but just keep thinking how special it'll be, when you can go walking down the street, hand and hand, with family, friends, anyone you want to. B) To believe in yourself, is to make all things possible. :) Hang in there gurl, it may take time, but I know you can/wil make it happen. :D

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

It is better to have failed at the attempt, than to have never tried.

MJ

Sheila is so, so right.

It will be hard, but you are such a strong person..you will make it. ;)

Sue - Cardiff - UK :rolleyes:

Mj you are so brave, and I know walking is scary, believe me. But just remember that you by this time next year you will be walking hand in hand! and I am proud that you want to take the first step. To see someone else who is doing what you want to do, it makes you want to try and do the same thing. The first time I got my leg. I didn't let go of my walker/roller. But after I did, I walked around the room and then I went to the grocery store. I was so tired by the time I got in there but I am still building it up now!!!!!!! B)

So smile and know people are helping you and teaching you something that has been so hard for a long time.

Go MJ! You can do this.

We all want every detail :P

Lesley

Hi MJ

looks to me like you're gonna live your dreams :)

But Brenda is right, 'baby steps' at first.

But huge leaps in your life :)

best as ever

Steve

Go for it MJ. Once you are sorted it won't be so scary.

You were right to wait until you felt you were ready to go forward, if you are not ready mentally then it is pointless, this way you get to be in control and you will be more positive about what you are gaining.

As having the great honour of being your friend ..... i have this to say to you :

It's giant leaps for You all the way, gurl! :)

There is just no other way for someone with so much life, passion and energy !

Sheila, ....again your words... :)

MJ,

No don't skip the BABY STEPS very important so you don't suffer any set backs.. We don't need you having any of those.

Brenda

You gurls are waaay great . Ok pirate steve too . :P :P :P

I am like soooo full of thoughts ringht now that i am sort of like waaay confussed and totaly scared but i know that the end resullt will be GREAT . Myay even hold a crutch burning party ...heheheheeee..... :P :P :P

Kaz .............. (((((((((( HUGGGGGGE HUGGGGGGSS ))))))))))

....... sorry , i had sooooo much i wanted to say but ended up crying instead .

Thanks everyone .

MJ that's the way to look at it, cos the end results will be well worth waiting for, believe me. :D Hey awesome, a crutch burning party, we'll all be there, just name time and place gurl!! fetes92.gif Oh btw, is it byoy??? :P :D :lol:

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine USA

Hahaha....Get on down .... Great party!

Sheila, whats the byoy ? (bring your own y....? ) How about byoc , byo crutch.....? :D :lol:

OOPS! :rolleyes: Sorry Kaz, that should have been BYOB, but instead we'll go with your's BYOC..... cute!! :D :lol: :lol:

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine USA