Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lynnieb

solution for artists!

A little while ago, I asked if anyone had a solution for a one armed artist. Well, I fouind something really good. It isw by as company called Fiskars (loads on internet sites sell their stuff)and it is called shapeboss. You can hold your paper in place with the pegs that are supplied, and although it's meant for doing embossing, you can do other stuff too.

Alternitively, you can use a large cork board, aand pin your work to iyt with map pins. If you need to cut anything out, just put four small cubes of lihght wood in the corners of your work and pin the work to them. Then your scissors will fit underneath.

I found this really helpful, and it was just by trial and error I worked it out.

LynnieB

Lynnieb

I am so glad you found what you were looking for, and I am glad its working out for you. Awesome

Lesley

Hiyaa Lynnie , i don't rememembber if you mentioned it but m what form of art are you thinkkining of working on ? Maybe i may be able to offer some help here .

Hi Lynnie B, it just goes to show "where there's a will there's a way. With time and patience you found what you needed. It also shows what a great piece of electrical equipment the pc is, where would we be without it, nowhere to gain information, find useful items, and find loads of great friends who share common ground. :)

Hi Lynnieb,

I have seen the shape boss on Create and Craft, I never realised how this could help you. Fiskars equipment is really good, I make greetings cards and use their fancy punches for the edges of the cards. I liked the look of the shape boss for embossing cards, but decided against it as I am running out of storage space ;)

I hope you are able to carry on with your art work now. What exactly do you do? Is it painting and drawing or some other craft.

Good Luck

Hi Lynnieb, it's nice to know you've found something that will work for you. :) I believe trial and error is sometimes the best way to learn. It may take one a little longer sometimes to work things out, but to know you've found a way, is quite an achievement. So good luck with your art work, whatever it may be and hope perhaps that maybe one day, we may get to see it!! :D

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine

Keep Smiling :)

It is better to have failed at the attempt, than to have never tried.