Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
c_jay_ie

*shuffles into corner sheepishly* Um....hullo....

Hi there, I've been looking at some posts on those welcome/not welcome here (eurgh!) and I feel I'd better give a little info about me and my status. I'm an engineering student, and one of the many feilds I'd like to work in (I have to choose at some point) is assistive technology, maybe even prosthetics. I'm fully AB (lingo's pretty easy to get, too) and the only link in my family with amps is my grandfather missing a big toe. First off, are us eng students welcome here and if so, am I the only one who is here?

Or will I just get me coat?

Luck to all,

CJF

c jay

I just want welcome you here, your honest and that the best.

I dont know if I could help you with

that question but you are more than welcome here

and I hope you find many answers to your questions

Lesley

Hi, welcome to you. I suspect if you take the prosthetic route, you may get inundated with questiongs. Good Luck in whatever route you take. My son did aeronautical engineering at Uni, he has his PPL.

Hi and welcome.

As far as you being here, i am fine with it, you have told the truth and explained your interest in the subject.

The only way to make progress is to ask the people first hand, good on you.

So fire away, don't moan when you get inundated with questions and answers though, we all like to put in our two pence worth. Have you noticed how many members there are? lol!!! :)

Hi

You are more than welcome as far as I'm concerned. C4 (a UK tv channel) is making a programe at the moment about prosthetics and it will be shown in the mornings aiming at Technology and Engineering students like yourself I would have thought. They are filming me as one of their examples, following my progress from before the amp upto the finish of my rehab.

I believe that it is important that more people within the medical professional and out are made aware of the upto date benefits of having an amputation and using modern prosthetics. I'm sure there are many people like myself who have suffered for years because we are being told that we would be in a worse position by having an amputation because Phantom Limb Pain is common (true phantom limb pain is not) and the prosthetics are painful, bulky and awkward. They seem to forget that technology moves on rapidly and that people want more out of life than to sit in a wheelchair or struggle in pain just because the leg is not infected.

June

Good luck for the surgery, (it is this week isn't it?). Hope all goes well, I haven't forgotten you and will be thinking of you.

Ann

AmpGirl, PamR, meg, June, thank you. it's good to know I'm wlecome here at least.

Oh, and mods, i've read this:

This is a community site and NOT A SITE to post research and survey

requests. ALL POSTS seeking people for research purposes will be withdrawn

unless in exceptional circumstances, in which case permission will be

required from the Administrators prior to posting.

So don't worry, I won't be asking for volunteers to test my super-duper robocop suit! :D

And June, good luck from me as well! I'll make it a point to try to catch the programme, so you'll have at least one person rooting for you on TV! :)

Luck all,

CJF

Hey,

if in the future you come up with something that is absolutely so like a real leg then please, please,please, i want to test it first, i dont' mind being a guinea pig, less of the pig though <_<

:lol:

Bagsy being the next million dollar bionic woman :lol:

*shuffles sheepishly behind c_jay*

Greetings all.

My name is Dan, and I am in a similar situation as c jay. Im going for my masters, however, and my thesis is in prosthetic design. I am looking to get to know ppl as ppl- instead of simple faceless case studies. Just thought I would say hi on c_jay's thread since we are in similar situations. From poking around as a guest it seems that everyone here is caring and kind, and I hope to get to know you all.

Thanks Johny V for allowing me this opportunity.

Danny boy