Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

Hi

Hi everyone.

So pleased to be here with you all, thought I'd better introduce myself.

Found this site completely by accident while getting some information for a client who has a friend who is facing surgery. I can't believe it has been here all along and I missed it.

I've been an amputee since I was 5 years old following on from a birth defect. So that makes it..... ummmmm........a long time.....lol.

Since finding this site I've been following links and have found some amazing things that I never knew existed. Things like Heathers cover and the flexifoot for instance. I'm a little annoyed at myself for not knowing of these things but also annoyed that my prothetist has never told me. I wear a very ordinary leg that has no shape and this new one is a little uncomfortable despite having it adjusted a few times already.

I'm married and have 2 boys, youngest just turned 18, oldest will soon be 21.

I'm a qualified Remedial Masseur.

I am also ( and this causes me most of my grief) a pre operative ( never to be post operative) transsexual. I think that this makes me unique as I've never met anyone similar. I'm not going to go into any details about this here but if people want to ask about it they can contact me personally or just view my webiste.

Catherine is my adopted name but most people call me Cat.

Oh yeah........and I'm an Aussie

Cheers for now and thanks for being here.

Cat

Hi Cat,

Welcome to the forum! Nice to meet you.

I'm glad you have already found new information regarding legs from this forum. I also would have been completely lost if I hadn't found this place. I owe my knowledge of prosthetics to this forum.

There's a wealth of information here. We like to share our experiences and knowledge here as well as supporting each other.

Look forward to seeing more of you around.

Hiyya CAT , welcome to this great place .... lots of waaaaaay cool people here and waaay tiones of information to be foundded . dont be afraid to ask any qwuestions anytime .

Thanks so much for the kind welcome.

I'm overflowing with information now as I've been going through all the topics.

You people are fantastic

Cat

Cat,

Welcome to our forum family as has been mentioned it's a great place for sharing! So with that in mind pull up a chair and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Hi Cat

I wanted to welcome you here also and I do hope you find as many answers to your questions! and many new friends to come!

Lesley

Hi Cat.

Hope you feel well come here and if you need any help just ask. Please feel at home. ;)

We are a bunch of fun lonving people who enjoy adopt new family members all the time...it is so much fun to have a big family. :D :D

Dea

Hi Cat!

Welome to forum - glad you have been able to get some helpful info. Stay on board and you'll meet great people.

Keep Smiling :) Wendy

Hi Cat--welcome to the forum. This is a great place to be yourself and to know that there's support from people who understand.

Caroln

Hi Cat,

Here is a big Aussie welcome. B) B) B) B) B) B)

Debbie from Sydney Australia ( Mother of Foot Amp)

Hi Cat, I think everything I want to say has been covered, so welcome :rolleyes:

Hi Cat, welcome to the forum, it's a wonderful place to meet some very caring, intelligent, funny, and on occasions a little goffy :rolleyes: people. But then, that's what keeps us all sain. :D :lol: So have fun, relax and enjoy yourself along with the rest of us. B)

Sheila LBK

Southern Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

It is better to have failed at the attempt, than to have never tried.

Hi Cat,

Welcome. Nothing left to be said that the others haven't already, except maybe,............................ MEOW ;)

Linda

(one of the resident goofballs Sheila was referring to.)

Thank you all once again for the wonderfully warm welcome.

lol at meow.

Purring is always better

Cat

I am an amputee from Ontario, Canada. i lost my leg in November 18, 2002. i have a below the knee amputation. i have had a leg for over a year. i just logged on to the forum. so i don't know much about it. if any one is willing to talk to me i would love to hear from you. i lost my leg in a work accident. i am still in the bitter stage i guess. so if you want to talk that would be great ttyl barbie doll

Hi Barbie and welcome to the group.

We are all here to chat any time you need to.

Cat

:D Hello Barbie and welcome!!! :rolleyes:

We are so glad to have you as a member of this big, noisy, funny and wonderful family, OURS!!! Yes girlfriend, we are here for anything you need... we can do a lot together and we stick to each other like gum on the sole of a shoe. So if you feel like venting, bragging, sharing experience, whatever is your mood, go for it, because WE ARE HERE for one another.

Love

Dea

Hi Barbie, I have been a member of this forum since April. I am waiting to go into hospital for a RBK. I had a motorbike accident a long time ago and have ended up with chronic osteomyelitis of the tibia. Over the years I have had flare- ups where I get terrible pain, but this time it has come to stay and so that is why I have decided to go for the amputation. It sounds like you didn't have that decision to make. Maybe you have got some advice for me on things to expect and look out for in the near future.

love from

Hi Cat and hi Barbie,

Welcome to our family. :D

I'm a RBK since November 2003 and this site is FAB!! ;)

Sue - Cardiff - UK :rolleyes:

Hi Cat and Barbie, welcome to both of you. :) Sorry i'm a bit late in welcoming you just got back from hols and am only just catching up on the posts.

As you have already found this is a great place for advice and info and a good bunch of friends too.

Thanks meggy.....and everyone else too. It's always hard for me to introduce myself. It's a risk I take though as I don't want to deceive anyone, even over the internet(where you can be 18, blonde, with the best body in the universe if you really want, even if the truth is far different). Iv'e had some bad reactions to who( or what) I am but you lot have been wonderful and I really feel like I'm with a good bunch of people.

Thanks again,

Cat