Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SUE TAYLOR

SOOOOOO ANGRY AND UPSET!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

I'm soooo angry and upset!!!!! :(

Booked our holiday weeks and weeks ago - Airtours. Get home from work today and have a phone call to say that my holiday was cancelled - as they had overbooked 6 families!! :blink::blink:

I am so angry and upset - I went into the travel agent to be told that they're not sure what they can offer me - apart from £80.00 compensation between 4 of us!!!!!! Don't want that - just a holiday. Have to go in tomorrow to see what they have to replace my holiday.

Sorry to sound off - just so annoyed! :angry:

Sue - Cardiff - UK

Sue , repettte after me :

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

... and then repette as needed untoil your holidays are re-booked or until you get all your money back .

Rememebeber :

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I don't understand how they can do that Sue.

That's terrible.

Hugs to you, hope it works out.

Cat

I did that and plenty more in the shop - not at the sales rep - she was very helpful - but at the Airtours company!!!! :blink:

I'm going to get something else tomorrow - just so annoyed at the timing - 5 days before we fly - I'm going in their and not moving till I get something booked!!!!

They offered me 1 holiday on a rocky hill!!!! :lol: Well we shall see tomorow!

Sue :blink:

Sue

That is so terrible, a similar thing happend to my family and I with airtours a couple of years ago although we got to the airport in Spain only to be told our hotel was overbooked and we would be put in a different hotel but in the same resort.

How guliable were we!

We got on a coach and dropped people off next door to our original hotel. Then we were the only people left on the coach. We drove and drove and drove. The driver spoke no english and could not explain where we were going.

I dont know how well you know spain but we were meant to be staying in Marbella and ended up in La Linea in a hotel which was in the golden years brochure (we were a family of 4 with young children!) on the boarder a 5 minute walk and we were in Gibralter!

We got no compensation at all even though airtours promised something would be done.

I hope you have more luck than us - at least we were in Spain when we found out.

Hope you get another holiday - cant imagine how disappointed you must be.

I'll say a little prayer tonight hoping you get your well deserved holiday and it ends up being better than the one you had planned.

Hi Sue

I'm sorry to hear that.

I have heard of Holiday companies doing it frequently.

The last time I went on holiday (Spain, Torrvieja) I rented an apartment from a 'net site', also booked flights on the net. It was a gamble sending off a cheque for the apartment, but it worked out really great.

I'm booking again for September.

The best Holiday company I found was 1st choice, they were great, especially with disabled people.

I hope it all works out for you.

best as ever

Steve

Hi Sue,

I think I remember reading that you were looking forward to that holiday (could be gabapentin induced amnesia :) ) so sorry to hear your news. Paranoia and conspiracy thoughts have crept into my head though. Was it a true overbooking or discrimination?? Now a very naughty thought and probably not in the spirit of this forum but could you use that to your advantage and shout very loudly in the travel shop about how you've been discriminated against ;)

On a more serious note though. Do we pay increased travel insurance, or as is usually the case, find that the insurance will not pay for a damaged prosthesis as this is classed as a pre-existing condition?

Anyway, good luck with finding a replacement holiday hope it goes well for you.

Hi Sue, so sorry to hear your Holiday was cancelled. I certainly don't blame you for being angry!!! :blink::blink::angry: So you, 'go for it girl', and don't leave until you get something you want, you deserve it, after them putting you through all of this, 5 days befoe you were to leave. :( I hope thing work out, that'll make you feel a little better, so that it won't be a total washout!! Also, it does us all good to sound off once in awhile, so no need to be sorry. :D

Sheila lbk

Southern Maine

Keep Smiling :)

It is better to have failed at the attempt, than to have never tried.

Dear Sue

I am so sorry about that, I know it totally sucks, but I hope everything works out in the end, and you get the holiday you deserve.

Please let us know

lesley

Yeah sorry to hear that sue!!! its seems like you was very unlucky on that one!!

Hope it works out soon with another holiday

Peace + love

Hi all,

Good News!!!! :D :D

Mum and I (on Mum's computer at her house at the mo) went to the travel agents this morning and refused to budge until something was done - Mum gave them 1 hour to sort it out! <_<

We now have our original holiday back - amazing what can be done when you shout and stick to your guns!!

My mum was fab - told them in uncertain terms what we wanted - so good news today. :rolleyes: B)

Thanks for all your support guys.

Sue

Good to hear.

Hope you all have a great holiday. I could do with one myself once I get the leg but don't think work would be too happy with me as I've already thrown the shift rota into disarray by getting this way :D :D

You've just got to get all your legs through security and customs now :P Have a good time

Ok I am officially a member of my own. Whoooo. SOrry your trip got cancelled. I like to vacation. Takes away the mundaneity (?) of life.

I recently went to vegas and it was my first time, My boyfriend, his brother and passer's by laughed at me....

I WAS HANGING MY HEAD OUT OF THE BACK SEAT WINDOW TAKING PICTURES!!!

the said I was acting like a dog. But I didn't care. I got to see it all.

I hope it works out for this second trip.

Good luck and god bless

shanna

:rolleyes:

Hi Sue, glad things are working out for you and the kids, I hope you have a great holiday.

I went on a Med cruise with Airtours last October, and I must say they were great.

I suddenly became so ill I couldn't walk without my crutches about a week before we were due to go. We got intouch with Airtours and they said they would arrange for us to have a cabin near the lift, I wasn't holding out a lot of hope at the time, but when we arrived our names were in a little envelope aside from everyone else's and sure enough they were true to their word.

I hope they come up trumps for you, have a. fun holiday.

Thinking of you

PS Keep away from the Cathedral Hotel this weekend, my two boys are staying there with some of their internet buddies. Maybe we should do the same one of these days.

Sue--so glad everything is going to work out. It is great reading about the fantastic places some people go to. I have hardly traveled at all in my life and I love to hear about the experiences.

Have a fantastic time!!

Caroln

Sue, That's great news!! :D :D

I know how you must have felt as I was due to have surgery on my ear today (cochlear implant), but it all went pear-shaped. Yesterday, we discovered that I hadn't had pre-op preparation (because I am on warfarin - a blood thinning drug). I was meant to be admitted at least three days before, not the day before as happened yesterday. We were told this AFTER we had waited at the hospital for FIVE hours!!

Anyway, I am so glad that things have worked out well for you. As much as it's not pleasant (for some) to 'scream and shout' when things go wrong, you can almost guarantee that is does get results!

Sue's Mum: You go girl!! Well done! :lol: :P

HAVE A FANTASTIC HOLIDAY SUE, AND WE'LL SEE YOU SOON!

Good new everyone, Don has taken Sue and Boys to Airport, she is finally getting

the Holiday that she so deserves :D She is now up,up,and away she will be back

next Monday

Lots of love and wishes only the best,

Angela and Don ;)