Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marianne

" Dr. , you must be crazy to think ..... "

Today was my weekly day with my shrinkm lady and as we always do , we talk aboiut the past week and some new stuffs too to ge tmy head ready for thee future . Like sometimes she really make me mad and sometimes , she make me cry a huge bunch an dthen sometimes she comes up with these waaaay bright ideas . Today was not one of thjose days though .

We yalked about thee idea of hypno-therapy (i think i said it ruight ) an dwhile we talked about this before , i have made it clear that i was NOT letting myself have something done to me that i like waaaay don't unsdersatnd and have no controle over . She reminded me that when i have my op in jan of next year , i woulfd be exactly under thee control of there Dr. and i would have none of it so she sadis thsat i was not making sence . I reminder her that the last shrink who made me mad ended up with a broken nose from the hand of ME . She rememebered and decided to back away a weee bit . :P :P :P

Anyway , we talked about this more and more and i mentioned that i have this very really great friend who went throught this expereenc e and hers was a great one but i was not sure that i can deal with this yet . Then i started to cry . ( what a surprise ) I told her she was crazy to think i would let myself be worked on in this way and she told me that in her job , she HAD to be crazy . :P :P :P

Anyway , I wish to ask if anyone here has eveer had this expereince and what was it like ? I reaalyy waaayly need to get myhead ready and i need to try something to help me so if this is a wqay to do it , i would like to know more from REAL people .

Oh ya , on another note , a morereer hapier note too , i get my truck back tomorrow morning . Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy .... :D :D :D

Heehee, your truck :D

I wish I could me more help with the hypnosis thing-sorry if I sounded like I was trying to put you off before, you need to try and decide if you think it could help you, though. Maybe there's some hypnotherapy organisation on the net who could offer some help and advice?

Mj! I have never had the experience but I hope you have great luck!!!

Lesley

MJ, what you decide is entirely upto you.

But, I would just like to say that, personally, I wouldn't have it done either. I'm sure it could be very helpful for you, but then again, it might be the very opposite. When you are under hypnosis, you are not in control of your mind. :unsure: Your mind becomes open to all sorts of things. :angry:

'If things ain't broke, don't try to fix it.' I know I'm quoting from a song there, but it's very true in this case.

That's just my opinion. But, like I said, YOU will have to decide.

:D MJ

I've never had this done either - sorry - but I wish you luck with your decision.

Great news about the truck.

Sue :rolleyes:

I've never had this done either and don't really think I ever could, unless it was absolutely the last resort. Maybe a fear of what is perhaps, better left in its place. :rolleyes: I'm sure many people have had it done, but I only know of one person. She went under to help her quit smoking..... she still smokes till this day. :( So I guess it doesn't work for everyone, but have never heard of it hurting anyone either. I wish you good luck with whatever you decide. :D

Sheila lbk

Maine

Keep Smiling :)

Live each day as though it were your last, for life's to short, to live in the past

Hiyya everyone , yaaaa , i ahvee been doing some major thinking abbaout thiis hynpno thingie and the more i think about it , the more confussed i bebcome about it . GRRRRRRRRRRR .

Actually , what has become clear to me is that i am waaaay afraid of re-living the past even if it's something that i have no contgrol of anymore , i am afraid of not being in control and yaaa , i am just afraid of the whole thing . I kjnow that there are some who hacvve had great expereince with this , some who have not and many who don't know . I just don't know but to be like waaay honest , i am just plain afraid of it . It's like not to say i will not try it or am ruling out trying it , i gueesse it's just that i want to hear some possitive expereinces about this too as i'm sure there must be some .

I could ask my shrink aboiut that but i think that since she wants me to try it , her opinion would be biased towards trying it and that i think would be an unfaidr opion to look for . Hmmm , thats all i need , more confussion . Wait , there may be at least ONE thing it may help ... better spelling . :P :P :P seriously though , i wish therer was a way that i can find a way to totaluy forget thee past and totaly rid myselslsf of my fears . Hmmm , maybe this will halp me to do that ... Sheeeesh , now i'm confusssing myeself even morer .

Let me join the majority in saying: I HAVE NEVER HAD IT DONE. Heck I can't even make it to the shrink appointment B) !!

This is my opinion of hypno-therapy thoough (as you will come to realize I have always got an opinion B) !!!

Hypno-therapy will cause you the same loss of control you have when you go "under the knife". I agree with shrink lady there. But the big difference is you have more faith and trust in your MD then your shrink lady. I am new to the family, but if you broke a shrinks nose :blink: then you have most likely had some poopy (can we cuss in here??? :o ) experiences.

You need to have complete trust in the person who is accessing your mind. Your mind is you, you can't get any more personal than that.

After that long dissertation :ph34r: here is my opinion: DON'T have hypno-therapy until you can totally trust your shrink--EVEN if it isn't this one.

Until next time....

:huh: