Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Josh`s Mum

Amputee Competitor on Survivor

I have just seen an add on telly about the next "Survivor" it will have an amputee as a competitor.

Our family has watched all the "Survivor" programmes and we love it.We will now be cheering for the amp.

Are there any other "Survivor" fans out there ?????

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

That's great news. About time too!

I love watching Survivor. It's always interesting to watch the different game plans that each person has. Then to see how long they last using their game plans!

Is this the Survivor in Australia? Because I think that different countries have bought the rights to the show, so you get Survivors from all over the world. If it is the Aussie version, then we won't be able to watch it, so you'll have to let us know how the amputee does. And that means you too CAT! :P

I like waaay know thiis is gooing to sound ttotaly dumb but i have heard of thsi show but have never seen ti . What is it all about ? I'm thinking it is like one there shows where a bunch of people get together and build some waaay cool car or motorcycle but then , i have no idea sooooooo .... tell me .... Actually , i watch very little tv anyway ... movuies yaaaa , tv , not very much .

Hey Debbie!

I love the show - it is so strange but my daughter and I talked about this the last show - there was a amp on one of the early big brother shows and thought it would be great to see an amp on survivor. Can't wait.

Keep Smiling! :) Wendy

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/sur...bios/chad.shtml

I watch Survivor to, but never imagined that a fellow amp could be on it. Considering all that these people put themselves through. Anyway, his name is James, "Chad". He's 35 & lost his leg because a lump on the bottom of his foot turned out to be a synovial sarcoma.

Should be an interesting Survivor this season. Thanks for the tip!

Linda

Thanks for sharing this Debbie.

Thank you for the bio information Linda. He survived the same cancer that I had, and has a very empowering story. I am so grateful to you both for providing this information on the forum.

Best regards,

That's so cool.

Looks like I will have to watch Survivor for the first time. :D

I work till 10 pm 3 nights a week and don't get to see much TV, but I guess that's what VCR's are for.

Cat

Hi Debbie, I'm a hugh 'Survivor' fan, have watched every episode and this one will be especially interesting, in that it relates to an amputee. I can't imagine how he'll get through some of those vigorious challenges, but he must be able or it doesn't seem as tho he'd have been picked.... ya think?? So I'll be cheering him along with many others here on the forum, I'm sure. B)

Also, I have another reason, I heard last night on my local news that there's a girl- Julie (23) from Gorham, Maine, a town not to far from me, so now I'm more excited than ever to watch it, and of course I've gotta cheer Julie on as well!! :D

Debbie, I sent you a PM-ok? :rolleyes:

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

To say I can't is to admit defeat, to say I can is to feel complete.

I have not watched any of the survivor shows but I think this one will be very interesting. I will be watching every week with interest to see how far he goes. I'm sure he wouldn't be there if they didn't think he could do what they want him to.

Wonderful so many Survivor fans.

Linda thanks for the info, now we have a name Go Chad Go !.

Debbie

Last night while watching tv they had a commercial about the survivor participatants and showed Chad and guess what he's wearing (I think anyway) a Renegade foot. We'll see how it works for him and I'll really be watching with interest if he's wearing a Renegade.

This isn't the first amputee on a reality show. Don't forget that Eddie guy (what's his last name?) who won one (Big Brother?) a few years ago. I thought that was cool, because he was the first amputee I saw on TV who wasn't playing the poor, lifeless cripple character.

Of course, Chad is participating in a very physically intense competition, which should help change a few minds as to the abilities of so-called 'disabled people'. Go Chad! Win the darn thing!

OK , i know i may be asking the world to come to an end here but , while i hav eeheard of this surviver thi gie , i hacve never asactually seen it . would someone please tell me what is this about ? I mean like , is this a sporting event or what ? Mj is curious .

I heard about it and I want to watch it!!!!!!!! I have never watched a single episode but I think I will, or hopefully just once. Please anyone tell me how the amp did!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Lesley

MJ,

It's a competition with different sporting events (at least I think so) and after each episode one person gets voted off the show and in the end only one person is standing.

Lesley,

It doesn't start airing until Sept 16th. I'm not sure which network but I'm thinking it's fox.

MJ,

Survivor is a competition. They send a group of people out to a remote island or area and they have to fend for themselves and compete in a range of physical activies. Its also a mind game and lots of fun to watch.

Debbie

Hey MJ, I know once you start watching it, you will get hooked on it, because you'll want to know each week who's gonna be the one to get booted out!!! :rolleyes:

Debbie you're so right it is fun to watch and IMPO, that's kind of a hard thing to find on TV nowadays. :rolleyes: I hope things are going good for Josh and that you got the PM I sent you. :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

To say I can't is to admit defeat, to say I can is to feel complete.

Thanks for the info! My daughter and I love that show. I can't wait to see Chad on it. I have no idea how he's going to do with all the rotten stuff they end up doing and how dirty they get, but I'm going to love finding out. It's great that there are other Survivor fans here!

Caroln

Did someone say amputee on Big Brother??? :D Me, me, pick me (a la donkey from Shrek) I am going to apply next year-harhar, Caz kicking ass on national telly :lol:

PS I'm so dumb when I read the title of this thread at first I thought it was about Survivor as in the supercheesy eighties rock band :rolleyes:

PS I'm so dumb when I read the title of this thread at first I thought it was about Survivor as in the supercheesy eighties rock band :rolleyes:

Thats not being Dumb Caz. Its just old age :P :P

Don't ask me how I know that though :D

Hi, just wanted to remind those who are able to get it, that SURVIVOR starts tonight, for me in 15 mins. Hope you all enjoy!! :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Live for today and let tomorrow be, for the future is not ours to see.

I didn't get the reminder and I didn't get to watch the first 15 mintues as I had forgot all about it. I was very impressed with how Chad exposed his leg after they were at camp and then the comments some of guys made was great. Then the look on the womens faces was priceless! I hope he goes a long way in the show! He's using a Renegade foot by Freedom Innovations (at least I think so).

I totally agree with you Brenda, I too was impress by him and the way the guys handled it, like ya ok, so lets move on!! YES, the look on the womens faces was priceless!!!! :D I hope he does go a long ways and I believe he will, and my husband seems to think they'll keep him around, b/c they probably don't see him as a threat to them, but we'll see!!! ;) I was really surprised when that Brook went instead of Chris, I was hoping he'd be the one to go instead, b/c I think he is gonna be their week link, but again it's early, so we'll see what happens next week. I know one thing, those hard working older women aren't gonna like youngins playing around and not pulling their weight. grrrrrrr

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Live for today and let tomorrow be, for the future is not ours to see.

You're all going to have to keep me up to date.....we don't seem to be getting the new series here yet.

Cat

Same here Cat, it sounds really interesting. We used to get survivor, when it first started, must be two or three years ago now.