Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Josh`s Mum

Amputee Competitor on Survivor

Awwww geeze :( that's really to bad you guys can't watch it where you live. I'll do my best to help keep you informed, plus Johnny has given you a link, so that'll help too. I don't watch a whole lot of tv, but this is my favorite show and I've watched every episode since it first started. I'm really anxious to see just how far this Chad goes, I hope right to the end!! B) He seems like a pretty rugged guy and definitely looks like a survivor, but then why wouldn't he, look what he's been through already in life. Curious tho, as my husband and I were watching it, in the challenge they had to crawl under ropes tied from one side to the other and extremely low to the ground, plus it was REALLY MUCKY, then come out at the other end. Now, the thing we were wondering is, how is it, he can crawl all though that thick muck, won't that stuff ruin the gears in his leg. I'm sure he probably washes it, but can you really get it all out that way??? :rolleyes:

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Live for today and let tomorrow be, for the future is not ours to see.

I am SO tickled we have this thread....I was first thankful that you all pointed this out to me, I checked into it and counted down the days until it aired this week. My family wasnt as into it as I was but then when the show started they were ALL sucked in, piled on the king sized bed in our room watching our tiny tv when we have couches and a BIG tv downstairs.... :lol:

I am with brenda...think he might be wearing a renegade....I LOVE mine. I will have to email marcus, see if he knows. I was kind of surprised he wasnt wearing a "brand name", great advertisement possiblities for a prosthetic company...

I loved how he just pulled his weight THEN showed them the leg...how they might never have known by his participation to that point. I go thru all the logisitics for him as he does stunts...think the sleeve he has kept the mud out but wonder how he thoroughly washes out his liner/leg at the end of the day....will be critical to keep him from getting skin break downs...(me, being his mother here.... :blink: )

I think he will last awhile, just because there are so many UNqualified people there to go ahead of him....loved that the guy who blew the stunt for the team was an ABLE bodied guy!... :P

I just got back from camping for ONE night and woke up wondering how Chad will survive possibly 39 nights in terrible conditions....cant wait to watch him! Go get 'EM CHAD!!! ;)

Judy

Utah

LBK

Hi Cat,

Its on Tuesday Nght 7:30.

Trying not to look at everyones post before it airs here in Oz ..........

Debbie

Hi Debbie I just saw the ad for next week and thought of you straight away and checked in here. Somehow we have to avoid this mob telling us what's going to happen :D :blink:

Ok everyone if your gonna post about Survivor please let us know in the title..LOL

Cat

Now I can join in and have a chat as the first episode aired last night.

What a great start Go Chad Go . I was also concerned about the mud crawl, what a mess !! the condition could get ugly as the time goes by. I hope Chad lasts another couple of weeks.It was supprising that Chris was'nt voted off after his mishap on the balance beam ........ Chad had no trouble when he tackled the balance beam ............ how hard would that have been with a prosthetic leg ???? anyone out there walked the plank lately ???? let me know if you think it would have been difficult ......

Debbie

Gooooooooooooooooooooo Chad

I think I could handle the balnce beam Debbie but not with all that mud. Would turn my foot into a slip and slide.

If they think Chad isn't a threat they might just help him win cos that would be a bad mistake on their behalf.

Cat

Chad survives another week ! but it must be getting difficult for him.

Any comments on this weeks show .............. did anyone watch it ? .......Dolly seemed nice ......... I hope Cat and I have not scared you off from posting because of the time delay.

Debbie :blink:

We had open house night at school this week, during the show, but I had the kids tape it for me....we got home just in time to see the end, a bunch of whining from the girls then the voting thing....nothing about chad. I havent had time to go watch the tape of the "stunt", to see how Chad did.

BUT I did hear from Marcus, at Freedom this week (makes my renegade foot) and he had lunch with Chad's prosthetist....and he IS wearing a renegade foot! He said they had made him several legs, in case he shrunk/swelled, but the producers wouldnt let him have access to those legs once the show started. NOT FAIR in my mind....why shouldnt he have a leg that WORKS? :blink:

I will watch the tape today while on the bike....after hiking this weekend with my family in Zion National Park I am amazed that a fairly new amputee would be gutsy enough to sign up for survivor...GO CHAD! :P

Judy

Utah

lbk

Hi Debbie, where I live it comes on Thurs nights at 8:00, not sure when others get it, so I haven't been saying much in case others haven't seen it yet. But then I would assume, that by the following Mon everyone must have watched it.

I too liked Dolly and I really didn't think she was going to be voted off. :( Although she really didn't seem to mind it, saying, she didn't really think she was cut out for this sort of thing, that she belongs on her farm. :D

I think Chad is carry his own very well, certainly no amputation is going to get in his way. :D I'll bet he did some practicing once they chose him, not that he knew what to expect, but he's probably seen enough shows to know pretty much what he'll be up against and so far so good!! Yeaaaaaaaaaah Chad!!!

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

I think Dolly had to go. She was a wild card and noone trusted her obviuosly.

So far all the challenges have involved balance to some degree.....beams, blinfolds. Is this specifically to challenge Chad I wonder?

Goooooooooo Chad

Sheila it comes on here Tuesday night which is the following week from you lot over there.

Cat

I visited my CP's office today for an adjustment and we briefly mentioned survivor and he said yes he was wearing a Renegade foot. Wooo Hooo.. I love mine.

The only thing that I haven't liked about the show is that they really haven't shown to much of Chad but he is doing a great job. I know why the picked the Renegade for the foot is b/c he can get it wet.. :-)

GO CHAD GO!!

Thanks Cat, so that means after I see it Thurs, that you don't see it until the following Tues, then it's probably best not to say anything. I certainly wouldn't want to give it away before others have had the chance to watch it. :D

Hey Brenda, who makes the Renegade foot? I had mentioned it to my CP and he didn't know, so told him I'd find out. He's heard about them, just has never had anyone try one. Hey who knows, it just may end up being me....... WOOO HOOO !!! :D :lol: ;)

BTW, I agree, they haven't shown Chad much at all, I wonder why?? :( Shoot, we probably won't get to see it this week due to the Presidentual Debate Thurs night, not sure tho what time that comes on. What a bummer, don't they know this is far more important, then listening to, one who's looking for a clue, the other who doesn't have a clue!!! :rolleyes::ph34r:

Sheila lbk (8 1/2 yrs)

Maine USA

We all get older, but how old you get, depends on you.

Sheila,

The renegade foot is made by Freedom Innovations.

http://www.freedom-innovations.com

You would love this foot it is so light weight and the response is AWESOME! They offer a trial period so I say go for it and then your cp will have experience with the foot as well.

I know doesn't it stink we might miss survivor this week b/c of a debate? Oh well maybe they will air it on another date I'll have to check on that.

I watched the tape yesterday, of the show Dolly got booted on.......it was fun having it taped because I could pause it when they DID show chads foot/leg. Notice how once he fell off the beam he had to lift his leg to shake out the water? They barely caught that, I thought it would have been neat to show it more...what he does to *cope*....I may tape it every time now, just so I can pause when they show "our guy!" GO CHAD!! :P

Judy

LBK

UTah

Hey there's an idea,

Everyone tape it and watch it at the same time.....LOL :lol:

I'm joking ;)

Cat

Okay, I caught this weeks episode...they aired it after the presidential debates. I wont tell what happened but will say that I think chad is smart to be "the quiet one", hanging back and not making a fuss. Seems like the volital ones get booted first. Will say he did AWESOME on his challenge....I am amazed at what he can do with his leg, he lets people see that he is just a regular person. He seemed to be limping at one point, I pointed it out to my husband, he pointed out that they were walking on a very uneven beach full of shells (not unlike the one brenda ran on in her last race!) and EVERYONE was limping, not just chad! Good point....

GO CHAD! :D

Judy

LBK

Utah

Woohoo go Chad.

I didn't pick up the limp Judy and was watching for it.

He did an awesome job with this challenge.

I can't believe that girl WOULD NOT shut up.

Am glad Mia is off but JP should have stayed, the boys are going to run out of their strongest people. If they do that the girls will murder them.

Gooooooooooooo Chad had become a chant in our house lol

Cat

My husband thinks that survivor should have the people be on the island for MONTHS, not days...that way you wouldnt be so quick to vote off the "strong" people....you would need them later! It would sure be a different mentality, knowing you were going to have to survive for a few months, personality wise, and physically..... :rolleyes:

Judy

Utah

LBK

Go Chad Go ........ he survives another week !!!

Cat your comment about the young fit guys being voted off early ........ the older men have the majority and if they dont vote of the strong players now they dont have a chance later ........... how old do you think Chad is ??????? 35 - 40 ?????

Debbie

God you really HAVE to love Google

I wonder if we can get him to join our family?

Cat

James "Chad" Crittenden was born on a military base in Oceanside, California. Growing up in Half Moon Bay, California, he discovered a love of sports and the outdoors, particularly soccer and fishing.

Crittenden attended Half Moon Bay High School, where he participated in many sports (soccer, tennis, bowling, fishing, running, mountain biking) as he pursued a collegiate future.

After high school, Crittenden decided to work at a local community college before pursuing studies at the University of California at Davis, majoring in International Relations with an emphasis on world resources, the environment and Spanish. Upon graduation, he accepted summer day-care jobs that ultimately led him to an after-school tutoring program. From there, he accepted an offer to head a new bilingual tutoring program in San Jose. Two years later, an internship where he taught a bilingual second grade class launched his career.

After two years teaching in San Jose, Crittenden accepted a teaching contract in San Salvador, El Salvador, where he met his wife, Dyann. Upon returning to the US, Crittenden and his family settled in the San Francisco Bay area. They have two children, Clara (3) and Trevor (4 months).

About one and a half years ago, Crittenden went to the doctor to have a lump on the bottom of his foot removed and discovered find it was a cancerous tumor. Synovial Sarcoma is a rare and deadly form of cancer (comprising less than one percent of all cancers) and amputation was necessary just below the knee. His recovery was miraculously quick, and he completed a triathlon nine months after the surgery. After many prostheses and much development, he feels that he has almost reached his post-surgery potential. Crittenden has been cancer-free for almost two years and has decided to take a leave of absence to be a full-time dad, which he has been planning for some time. He looks forward to the adventure.

Crittenden's birth date is August 8, 1969.

Chad survives again.

And again they vote off the strongest.

Methinks these guys are going to learn all about "girl power"

Go Chad Go

Cat

Chad's doing good and making us all proud. :D Tho I don't think their stratergy is not going to work, by kicking off the strong ones so soon. You're right Cat, I also believe, they're going to learn about 'Girl Power'!! I hate to say it, but some of those guys left don't look like they have a CLUE, especially Bubba and Rory....duh!

Just my friendly observation!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Wow ! Cat you and your google are a wealth of information !!! Go Chad Go !! Chad has go himself in a comfortable situation with the older guys but they are about to mix up the teams.

The "girl power" has its own share of grey hair too !!!!

Chat to you next week

Debbie

I won't spoil it but I have to say it's heating up. Woooooooo hooooooo for Chad he's doing GREAT!