Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Josh`s Mum

Amputee Competitor on Survivor

I wa amazed at the last challenge to watch him swim with that leg on and it stayed on!! I am wondering since those people loose so much weight, how is he going to compensate for the change is his fit??> And how did that prosthetic saty on on the water?? Somebody fill me in please.How did he do that!!!

Lets here it for Chad power and yes the men don't have a clue! Ever since Richard(the first winner the women have has the advantage.

This is so cool!

When I saw the first one of the series I did a triple take and now I am hooked, but worried about (as mentioned before mechanical and fit problems and Skin breakdown too. All of the survivors to date have said that the worst part of the experience was the insect/skin irritation and they showed close ups and their bodiew were as mess from insect bites and parasites.

I wish him all the luck!!

Unique

I'm not to sure but I think that the suspension sleeve is what keeps the leg on while he's swimming. He did do a great job on the swimming but I was very impressed to see him run in the woods and back out on the second one. Maybe he has some socks to use when he has volume loss (I hope so anyway). He looks like he' doing just fine and every time they do another challange he is the one in the front like he is leading them. GO CHAD.

I have never watched any of the other survivor shows but I'm hooked on this one. hehe

I aslo thought Chad did a great job this past week. The swimming and running really proves he's got the dertermination to WIN!!! So lets hear a big cheer for Chad.............. GOOOOOOO CHAD GOOOOOOO!!! 101.gif

One thing I was curious about is, the longer he's there and the more weight he loses, as most do, is he apt to have a problem with slippage or could it be, that he has a different type of insert, where he won't have that problem? I sure hope so!!! :o

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

It's how you lived yesterday, that leads a path for tomorrow.

Chad is having an awesome time.

He is so strong he could possibly end up in the last few.

The tribes are now mixed and it looks like fun from here on.

Does anyone wnat to have a pick at the winner?

I'd love to say Chad but i think Ami

Cat

Cat ...... my money is on Amy too ..... but I think your right about Chad lasting to the last few he is very strong.

Chad never takes off his prosthetic how does the skin breathe and stay healthy in the dirty conditions. (Josh only wears his prosthetic to go out of the house,at home he never wears it ??? does everyone else wear there prosthetic all day long ??? )

Debbie

Unfortuantely i haven't seen this show as it's not aired here in Germany.

But, yes, i wear my leg all day too as during the week i work full time. I only take it off when i doze on my couch or when i'm in bed or in the bath.

It is so comfortable that i forget i have it on sometimes. :blink: :)

I still prefer to wear the old suction socket (with cotton sock) So sweating isn't too bad. Air can still get to the stump.

Only time I take off my leg is for bed. After 35 years it's just a part of me.

I wear woollen socks as I find them more comfy.

The sweating I deal with.

The skin on my leg hasn't "breathed" for years lol

Cat

Hey Cat, we two belong to the old-timers club....membership to all those 20 years + :lol:

Debbie,

I wear my leg from 5:00 am to 9:00 pm without taking it off. The only time I take my leg off is when I take a shower or when I go to bed at night. I have been doing this for 36 years and really it has become a part of me that I hardly realize that I have a prosthesis.

Awwwww gees Kaz, guess that means I can't be a member of the old-timers club..... unless of course, age counts!! :P :blink: :D :lol:

Ever since I first came home, over 8yrs now, I've been wearing mine from the time I get up in the morning, until I turn in for the night. The only other time it come off, is to shower or if it's bothering me in any way. I was told it's best to keep it on, for as long as I can, to let the mind and body get more familiar with your new leg and allowing it to totally become a part of your daily life. Besides, cruthces just get in my way and the only hopping I can manage is into bed!! :P :lol:

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

It's how you lived yesterday, that leads a path for tomorrow.

Sign me up for the old timers' club then....30 years now wearing it from when I wake up to when I go to bed (except of course if I bath/shower or swim :P )

Same goes with me too (only ever off during sleep or showers).

Mind you though, I wouldn't get very far if I took them off during the day, seeing as I'm bilateral!! :P

Thanks Kaz.

I'm so pleased to be in the old timers group. <_<

LOL :D

Cat

Oh , oh , pick me , pick me .... ( now jummpinging up and down and waving my arms ) I'm 30 years old and very cute heheheheheee :P :P :P ... i want to join to . Please , pretty pretty pleasae , let me join .

post-7-1098304200.gif

Yeah ok Mj......you can be old too. :lol:

Sure is getting interesting. Rory cracks me up he has done a fab job and he really seems to be enjoying himself now.

Chad is just chipping away in the background nicely. Maybe everyone will just fall down around him :P

Still think Ami will win though.

Cat

Hi there,

Thanks for all your comments about wearing your legs maybe it should have been a poll question.It looks like everyone wears there prosthetic all day long and it makes good sense.

Another week and Chad is on the winning team again.Its a pretty strong alliance that the older boys have.What was Amy thinking voting off a woman ??????? she is a very strong competeter but I dont think she can win now.

Debbie

Hi Debbie, it looks to me like Amy felt threatened by her, (can't think of the name right now) that perhaps she might have had a chance to pull it off and Amy wasn't gonna take that chance.... can't blame her. Only I think the other girls might put their heads together next time and see her as a threat and her fire just may be put out!!

I think Chad is doing very well and as Cat said, just chipping away in the back ground, not really making alliances with anyone. I can't imagine how icky that must have felt going after those pigs and getting in all that mud.....yuck!! But then for a million bucks, who couldn't live with little mud in your socket!!! :P :lol:

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

I have to put my two cents in here. I agree Chad is doing great. I really think he's going to be in the final four, but I'm not going out on a "limb" here predicting the winner just yet. Before the merge, I would have aggreed with the fact that the women were doing great. After the merge, these women have blown their game. They are stupid. Just my opinion, but why get rid of your men & the stronger women at this point? You need strength to get through these challenges. I can't wait for Eliza to get voted out. I'm shocked she's lasted this long. I liked Ami at first, but her true colors are showing & I'm afraid it's going to work against her.

Bottom line........Chad's team is going to dominate & if the other team loses tonight I think they'll have to become one team. My only regret is they got rid of all the cute guys too fast! With the exception of Chad ofcourse. ;)

Linda

Hi Linda ....... I agree with you about Eliza I can't stand her. Chad did get a vote this week it is a good thing the last of the young guys has now been voted off. Play hard Chad no more Mr Nice guy.

Debbie

Totally agree with Eliza. I can't stand her.

Chad's first vote but it didn't mean anything as the others were all sticking together.

Very glad the girls had a good episode winning twice, they all looked a bit down before that. Rory has done a great job for them but I wonder what will happen to him if he makes it to the merge as I don't think the guys will support him. He better not make any enemies amongst the girls as he will need them.

Still think Ami will win.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooo Chad

Cat

Things are really heating up. I pray Chad continues to do well. He really is kicking but out there. The leg looks like it is handling very well. Wonder if he'll ever have his own web site about his experiences on the show etc??? Just thinking out loud on that one.

I think Chad had everyone holding their breath this past week, when he almost feel off that small platform!! :huh: He did well tho to hang on and bring himself back up. 'WAY TO GO CHAD'!!

Sure looks like the guys are out numbered, so it's just a matter of which one goes first!! I think next week it'll be, (I can never remember his name), he's the 'drill sargent'. Chad will probably be the last of the guys to go, only b/c I don't believe Ami sees him as a threat in the challenges..... just yet anyways!

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Hi everyone! I can't believe the things that Chad has done on this show. It is great for people that don't have any disabilities to see. We talk about the show every Friday at school. The only down part is that everyone asks me when I'm going to try stunts like that!! I tell them to not hold their breath.

Caroln

Not looking good for the boys team ....... Sheila I also think Sarg will go next week ...... talk about girl power......... the girls team are playing very well together .........Chad will still be our hero no matter when he leaves the game.

Debbie

I agree Debbie. The boys have made a mistake and now they, and unfortunatley Chad, will pay for it. The girls have control of the game. They will pick of the boys one by one unless one of them can win immunity every week.

At the very least I think Chad will be the last guy to leave.

Still think Ami will win but am still yelling.....GOOOOOOOOOOOO CHAD

Cat