Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ladycapulet

INTIMATE APPAREL

Hello,

I am a hemipelvectomy (in case you forgot) I have one huge butt cheek on my left side :D !!! here is my dilema: MY underwear fall down. Slightly embarrassing when you are out in public with your man :angry: !!!!!!!!

I am wondering how to adapt my undies. My grandmother is practically a seamstress. This is her idea, but she thought I should run it by someone who knows (hence coming to you guys :D ). She thinks I should get those girl boxer undies or boy shorts and then she will sew up the left leg.

I thought she could just take out the left leg elastic on my undies and sew up the hole, since I have no stump I don't need the hole.

Does anyone have any advice, or ideas?

:ph34r:

Hi,

No advice sorry (I'm RBK) .....but those little shorts are fab. Matalan in UK sell fab knicker / shorty shorts made from lace - lovely and comfy (no knicker line showing!) and they are cut high. ;)

I hope that you find something that works! :D

Sue - Cardiff - UK :ph34r:

Hiyye , i , ummm , err , ummm , well , OK , i love wearing thongs ( red one , rainbow ones ) . Would this work for you ?

HA, HA, HA!!!, good one mj.

I hadn't thought of it, but have been known to wear them sometimes. I can see my Grandpa's face (if he's in the room when I tell Grandma). :rolleyes:

It is a good idea though. I will give it a shot.

:ph34r:

Thanks Sue.

I really think that will be the more comfortable way to go. But the thong would be less time consuming (no alterations to make). But sometimes you JUST NEED COMFORT B) !!!

:rolleyes:

Hi Lady Capulet,

Two of my work colleagues are always discussing underwear (no wonder we never get any work done!!!!) :P One says definately thongs - and the other has a phrase that goes "can't wear any of those sticky up your bum knickers"!!!!! :D

I guess you could wear both - but not at the same time!!!! :rolleyes:

Have fun....

Sue - Cardiff - UK

I can definately say FUN is not what I used to think of when I thought of underwear!!! Now though, It is hillarious...trying to come up with a way to do the simplest thing...I mean I've been wearing undies since forever....I used to have the same opinion of thongs...butt floss is what I called them!!!!

I still haven't gone and bought any...but I'm gonna try out both types of undies (it will probably turn out that MJ is right though.....she has a tendency to be without even trying B) )

:rolleyes: