Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
ladycapulet

FOR GIRLS ONLY

Hey girls,

I hadn't had my womenly "thing" since right before I got sick (april). I know this is due to all the meds and the trauma on my body. I didn't miss it much anyway :P !!!

Well now it has decided to come back, and it is giving me an EXTREME amount of lower back pain wrapping around slightly to the front.

I was wondering if any of you girls had any tips on elieviating this crampiness. I have tried ICY HOT. It worked ok, but the hot part of it irritates my incision. It is dealable if no one has any other advice.

On the ICY HOT front...I think it is an excellent pain reliever...if any of you get a real bad muscle pain you should try it. The only drawback I can forsee is slight irritation during the HOT part on an incision (it's not permanent--just gets more hot then other areas for a few minutes-in my experience.)

:ph34r:

'PONSTAN FORTE'-brilliant painkiller specially made for all the lady type pains but you need to eat something when you take them or they don't work (bit like Ibuprofen in that respect). I used to suffer REALLY bad when I was younger and these were a complete lifesaver-I think you have to get a prescription for them tho'.

Hi Lady C,

Not much help to you sorry - had mine all removed when I was 28 (had 2 children first!). Used to have terrible, awful problems every month..had chronic endometriosis for over 10 years! :(

I used to take Evening Primrose Oil in capsules which helped a bit. Then got on to the serious medication that stopped them for 6 months at a time (trials for a new drug!)

Used to try the hot water bottles etc as well.

Hope someone provides some info for you.

Sue - Cardiff - UK :ph34r:

Thanks cazzy and sue,

My sis gets a perscription for womenly things. So I probably can too...I've never had to before, and it is probably temporary.

I'm gonna try water bottle too.

Thanks, and any more advice is cool.

My PE teacher always reckoned that exercise was the best thing for these cramps, at the time i thought it was just her way of telling us that we weren't going to get out of the lesson.

These days i am inclined to agree with her, exercise does help to alleviate the cramp but a good hot bath also helps and then a nice hot water bottle to cuddle and a couple of pain killers, followed by a good nights sleep. :)

(sneaking in :ph34r: )

I'm not so sure I qualify to post in this one but I'm gonna do it anyways. LOL

Quite a few of my clients tell me that they have had great results from taking magnesium.

( they think I'm better than a hairdresser, I'm locked in a room with them for an hour and can't escape and they tell me EVERYTHING....LOL)

Don't take my word for it though find out from a health food store or someone who knows way more than me about this stuff.

(sneaking out again :rolleyes: )

Cat

Thanks gals,

magnesium huh, never heard of it for cramps....

My tub is not really big enough for a good soak :angry: But I found that if I switch my shower to pulse and use hot water...it helps some. I need a public lue (is that right?) with a huge tub :D

Sometimes it sucks to be a girl....but the ability to have kids is second to none.

Its been quite a few years, almost forgot what you were referring to!!! :angry: Looking back all I remember saying is, "where's the hot water bottle"!! but then it seemed like it took forever to heat the water up. errrrr :ph34r: I hope you've found something to help you feel better..... good luck! :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

To say I can't is to admit defeat, to say I can is to feel complete.

Just a little update,

I found that the combination of Icy hot, water bottle, a pain pill, and rest were the best medicin. My doc said she didn't want to give me the cramping med, because I had never needed it before and it was probably just cuz it had been so long.

The trials and tribulation of being a girl ;)

Thanks for all the tips.