Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Carrie

Shocked the teacher.

Hi,

I just started college this past week, and in my program there is a requirement for physical education. I saw that as a challenge and thought I'd take up weights.

First day of class we wore regular clothes (slacks and tennis shoes), and it's not that far from the parking lot to the classroom so I decided to walk "unsupported". The cleg helps me to walk but you can still "tell" something is wrong. As I hobbled into the class room the teacher jokingly says, "so you pulled a muscle before we got started huh?"... ;)

I quickly said, no I lost something.... (input confused teacher's face here)

since he didnt "get it" I showed him.... he looked like he was going to die :lol:

He seemed pretty cool, that he'd work with me if I tell him what he can do. Today was the 2nd time we had class, and he'd found a hand bike for me!!, If anyone has used one.....ouch I'm so sore now...lol

carrie

That's so cool that he is going out of his way to help Carrie. Good story.

I LOVE the quote at the bottom of your post.......LOL

Cat

Good story Carrie!

I, too, read your quote, looking for the inspiration in it!! I laughed hard when I got it! :lol: :lol:

That was so funny

I loved it I still didnt get the message though

LOL I will get it later

:)

Lesley

:D hehe

i remember when we had gym class and i jumped off something and there was a massive CRAACK (my prosthetic foot had broken in half- oops) of course, like they do at school eveyone turned round to look and i shouted "its alright i think i just broke my foot" (of course i knew what i meant, and most of my classmates knew what i meant but my teacher panicked bless him it was soooooooo funny, he had forgotten i had a false one!!!)

L xxx