Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Peggy

"your walking well for someone without a foot"

:huh:

my (then) fiance, his mate, and i drove into the disabled parking spot at our local supermarket, and i hopped out of the car (no pun intended) and wandered into the shop while my fella and his mate waited in the car. while i was in the shop, a woman, with a daughter in a wheelchair came out of the shop, and (even though i had the badge on display) she must of seen me walking into the shop, and as im very very lucky i only have a very slight limp she decided that we had no right to park there, my ex fella and my mate said that the woman came up to them and said "you do realise this is a disabled parking area" my fiance replied "yes, (points at the badge) my girlfriend has a missing foot" "im sure she does" replied the woman sarcastically, and she went on to lecture them about how it feels to be disabled and how they didnt have the right to be there (even though we DID this woman thought he was lying to her) according to the 2 lads, this "argument" went on for about 10 minutes until i emerged from the shop, the woman said in a VERY loud sarcastic voice "HMMMMMMM YOU WALK VERY WELL FOR SOMEONE SUPPOSEDLY MISSING A FOOT" so i bent over, pulled up my trouser leg and displayed my prosthesis to all around and replied "thanks very much- i do dont i" the woman muttered an apology went red, green, purple and blue, and shuffled off with her VERY embarrased looking daughter! hahaha!

L xxx

Hi Peggy,

I had a similar experience with a car park attendent some 20 odd years ago when I was pregnant with my second child. At that time blue or indeed orange badges were only just coming in where I live, and I didn't have one. I parked in a spot in a supermarket car park which said "disabled drivers only". That particular morning, the only spaces available were on the top level which was a sheet of ice, I was six months pregnant with a two year old so decided to park in the disabled space. When I returned with my shopping attendent was waiting. He didn't believe me either, so I showed him the legs, after that he was very apologetic and couldn't have been nicer when we visited that car park. (lol) Needless to say I now have the blue badge.

Ann

That is so funny :) it seems like they dont understand anything. I am glad you did what you did, I think I will do the same. I did wear shorts one time and people were so shocked!~ it was a good feeling that me and my friend did this

Have fun

Lesley