Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Jukka

How to de-register from the forum

The undersigned has been looking up and down this site trying to find some facility that provides to self de-register from the forum.

There should be such facility so that when a person does not like participate any more, he/ she can de-register him/ herself. Otherwise one may just quit participation, but the name remains on the member list to infinity. I know such a case and when looking at member list and their participation rate, probability is high that there are much more.

Looking forward to receive advice from anyone who knows a solution.

Kind regards,

Jukka

Hi Jukka

if a member wish's to be de-registered from the site, then that member needs to email one of the Administrators with a request to be de-registered.

best regards

Steve

Jukka,

Don't let a few disagreements between us stop you participating here, you're as welcome as anyone.

I must admit I don't like it when you lecture us about how bad we are but some of you're postings are very thoughtful. It may be that you come across as insulting sometimes because english is not your native language although its better than my finnish, which I can't speak a word of :)

None of us are here as representatives of our countries or governments. We're just trying to make sense of whats happened to us and to help each other with ideas and suggestions and give support to each other.

So old buddie, lighten up a bit and keep up the posting :)

I think Muz, maybe you are just making excuses for Jukka now???? I am not alone in being offended by remarks he has made on this forum and not for the first time either. I stand by what I said that I think he should actually be banned for this because others have been in the past and the mods should be at least consistent on this.

Jukka I think your are totally right, you shouldnt have to email a mod or JohnnyV to be de-registered.

I think if you dont want to be here then dont come and I think you have a right not to, I found what I needed, and now I dont come here anymore

lesley

Dear Admin, Moderators, Members,

I request to de-register here and now, on the board. It does not make much difference, except that it is made public. Should the de-registration in this manner be unacceptable, or interpreted as an offensive act, I accept the word de-registration to be changed to a word ban if it satisfies some members who requested it. I am very sorry that I am putting the admin in difficult position here, however I have to do so in view of conduct of some members.

Before I leave, I would like to give some words of advice (which are based on my observation on flow and content of the posting) for those members who have innocently made the global pool of amputees to hesitate from joining the forum:

1. Do not allow a topic to become a chat place, it gives an impression of a closed circuit member pool, resulting a new-comer or a member to be to feel as a stranger.

2. Refrain from letting the focus of the topics to be narrow i.e. do not concentrate on amputee support issues in one part of the world only, but welcome the global pool to explain and compare how are these issues in their countries.

3. Welcome a new member form the global pool of amputees to the forum as you would welcome your own kind.

4. Mind your language; the non-English speakers may speak and write perfect proper English, but be unfamiliar with the chat style conversation created at this internet age. Again, this gives an impession of closed circuit and hesitance prevails.

5. Refrain from raising religious or ethnic views of your own origins in the forum and flying the respective flag.

6. Try opening your horizons to the rest of the world's amputees, be less self-centric, have an exchange of views globally. Be sympathetic to those less fortunate from not so developed places and origins. If there is someone from the same living circumstances as you who opens room for constructive critisism, do not take it on yourself, but participate constructively.

7. Lastly; play your part in opening a global dialogue on amputee issues by weighing your words before you hit the keyboard, the key to this is to have less fear of getting out of your own familiar circles and think that what kind of appeal your posting is likely to have to members from other origins than own.

I am saying aforementioned in acknowledgement that the members make the forum and that there definately are open minded members there who can steer the discussion on this forum to new heights, but only after acknowledgement of the existing shortcoming. If this forum succeeds to become more global and open minded, those narrow minded would have to follow and learn, which is of their own benefit, if unwilling to learn then keep quiet.

To explain why I am highlighting the importance of becoming more global minded and the existing lack of it, through my own experience:

1. When I joined, there was not a single reply to my first message. Maybe because I mentioned that I recide in Singapore and my name is not John or Jack.

2. Mostly, my postings have been to provide advice, sharing my experiences and giving information. However, there were not many answers if I asked a question.

3. Many topics in which I participated, were abruptly abandoned by the others at the height of the discussion once I posted in them. I must add that the majority of these topics where I was able to provide advice or my own experience as an amp.

4. One topic in which I participated was even locked after I joined in; that was about how to deal with perspiration of the stump, which is purely technical issue. How can you offend anyone?

5. I have been sensing an overall ignorance towards the amputees from other origins than of that now prevailing.

With that, I wish to end my participation in this forum, until such time that the forum has matured to intelligent discussion place. For those who think this forum is some kind of a battle field, and that they got the last word, or an upper hand, I wish to say that I am very much above of feeling hurt, but sad that some do not see the forest from the trees and therefore hurting the forum and themselves. However, the whole life is a learning experience and there is light in the end of the tunnel always, the "ahaa"-experience is waiting there for those who have not had it earlier.

Thank you to those few who have been in support to my views or otherwise.

So long,

Jukka

post-7-1094953886.gif

Hello Jukka,

i was first hesitating getting involved in this whole issue but now i feel it is time to step in.

I suggest you look at yourself and your 'global' views. You accuse members here of being 'narrow-minded'. Take a look at yourself.....are you not being narrow-minded and one-tracked by putting such a huge weight on the fact and accusing 'Westerners' of being so spoilt and bigoted???. This in itself is being very offensive.

You are Finnish living in Singapore (ex military). I have lived in many countries on all continents and DO consider myself having a very international and open perspective to all races and cultures. I agree with you that this forum should NOT be a one-country show!!!. But, i see that infact YOU are turning this forum into a 'battle of the cultures' at the moment. You mention that others from our global village hesitate in joining in. How do you know this? English is the world's main language of communication.

Any forum takes on it's own dynamics, any group of people do (clubs, etc.) . I would hesitate walking into a place where everyone knows eachother. It's just human psychology. Instead of criticizing, why not make suggestions how better to involve other countries, nationalities. I personally don't see the problem. All i see is everyone who joins this forum getting a very warm welcome. Whether they decide to join in or leave is their prerogative.

The intial post where this all started (Sokhon's - I become a man again ) turned into a battlefield because i think you provoked it. In respect to the story and to Sokhon i think this post should never have been closed. It was telling a story of one person's life in dealing with amputation and commending a trust. That's all !

I agree with all the posts, in part.

You do have a right to resign (de-register) from this site, and publicly if you choose. That is the beautiful nature of a public forum, you have freedom of speech.

You have the right to post whatever topic/question you want. Again because this is a public forum. BUT every other member or guest has the right to not view or respond to your topic. This should not be viewed as favoratism, a click, or desensitivity.

On the same note: The administration and moderators have the right to ban or lock any coversation or member from this site. That's their job.

I don't personally know how the administration is chosen, but in my experience they are willing to answer questions. So if you care to know how administration is chosen as to maybe add yourself to the mix; to have a stronger voice, give them an email.

In my PERSONAL experience, I do not respond if I do not feel that I know enough about the situation , or just don't know what to say. This does not mean that I do not read a great majority of posts.

Every nationality, culture, venue, etc. should be allowed to participate on this forum. Which many do. BUT participation from every nationality, culture, venue, etc. is not a requirement.

Every member has the right to not be harrassed or degraded. Legal action can be taken according to each countries legal standards. ( this should not be taken as legal advice, I am not a lawyer. )

I think that this is how everyone wants a forum to be and I think this forum is a good one. Do to human nature some people relate to certain people better and tend to stay with them. It is a sense of comfort to feel like you have personal relationships with the people you talk to. It is also human nature to not get along. So I think we should all be respectful and considerate of all people, as we have been (generally), for the remainder of our time on this site. I think all of us will be sad if this forum is ever closed. Whether we all agree all the time or not. It is still a good place to put you feelings and fears. Once they are out in the open they don't seem so massive and you feel better. Jukka-didn't it feel better when you posted your posts here? You were able to tell how you felt and you didn't have to use restraint.

Everyone is allowed the privelage of freedom of speech on this and any public forum, but to be allowed that privelage you have to allows others the same.

:ph34r:

I will agree with Jukka here

and I am going to de register here to

I had always felt I had to compete

to get all the posts

So please thank you Jukka for telling what I have been trying to tell for a long time...

Bye all and thanks Jukka PM or email me anytime

Lesley

Lesley , you wotrted in part :

" ... I had always felt I had to compete

to get all the posts ... "

I mean like whgo sadided anything about this being a competition ? who is it exactickly that your compteting with andf for what reason ? lesely , the ONLY person you need to comptete against is YOURSELF in order to become a better person today than you were yesterday . ( this by the way is not direceted at you directlty lesley but the you is a general usage of the word here )

Life is too short and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooo important to be compteting against anothe rperson for tricaila stuffs . If you MUST however compete , try doing it for the sole reason of making humanity in general a better species , make the earth a safer place to live , help out the environment , stand up for human an danimals rights and just palin be a better person . I absolutily possitivly promise that if you or anyone can do just those simple things , they WILL win this compteting thingie waaaaaay biggly . It is just a simple question of : How far will you go to improve humanity and what are you willing to do to help improve it ?

I joined this fu\orum some months ago because i was desperaste for some help and yes , i needed to find someething i had been looking for , for a long time . I found what i was lokking for , i even bacame a bit morerer stronger and hopefully have even helped out anotheer person who likee me , like US is in a possition NOW that we have been in a biyt longer an dwe have just that teeeny weeny bit of experience to be able to help out anothe rhuman being . No borders , no political thigies to work around , no relighion stuffs , JUST HUMAN BEINGS helping out othe rhuman beings who have had to deal with loss and tragity . Lets just stick to what we do best here and HELP OUT , becomee great fcrrineds , be supportive to eachother and let us show the world that we here CAN overcome everything that some others seem to be unable to do .

" ... love is in the air ... "

( artist unknown )

" .... need your love ... "

( Cheap Trick )

" ... Imagine ... "

( John Lennon )

" ... all we are saying is give peace a chance ... )

( John Lennon )

What in the world is going on here? :o In the past week we've had arguments and people wanting to leave the forum forever! This really stinks!

On September 4th, I responded to Jukka's post in the "I became a man again" thread because I didn't agree with some of the things he said. Since then this thing has snowballed into a huge ugly mess. Did I make a mistake by responding? I know I can't be responsible for everything that has happened, but I feel bad because I was the first to respond.

Please, everybody, don't let hurt feelings destroy what we have here. This is a great forum. Compared to other forums on the internet that I've been on, this is a very open and friendly place. Sure, some posts don't get the response we would like. Sometimes we're not always in on what some long-time members talk about, but so what! There is room for everyone here, whether you know a lot of people here or not; whether your post count is high or not; whether you've been an amputee your whole life, just recently, or not yet at all. Even if I never get another PM or response to a post, I will still login to post and read posts. That's how much I appreciate this forum. :)

Your right Brian, lifes to short for arguments. We are a forum of people with a common ground, here to help each other with advice, experiences and a chat when needed. Lets keep it that way.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Your absolutely right Meggy

Cat

You're so right Cat.!...Ooooops, switched on my auto-pilot by mistake ....

I suppose it's easier to agree and hang on to other people's words than to express one's own view/opinion...shame ! People...this is one of the points that has been made above about closing up in a kind of clanish way....sheeesh ! :blink::ph34r:

And just for Lesley, this is NOT a popularity competion. Be sure of your own convictions and stick to them!!! :)

You know, this is how I see it, to my knowledge, NO ONE has offended, insulted, used imflamatory remarks, knowing full well there apt to cos upset

feelings with members of this forum, as Jukka has chose to do. If I was on a forum where they didn't meet my expectations, I'd LEAVE!! I would NOT hang around and expect others to take my criticism, towards the members and the forum, saying to effect, that there is very little depth, things are superficial and hippocricy. Those are things that can only hurt people and possibly lower ones self esteem and we definitely DON'T need/want that going on here. I have never noticed since I've been here, that it mattered to anyone as to where people are from in this world. All that matters or should matter is that we're all here for the same reason, to communicate with one another on many different issues, but it just happens to be, that we're all amputees who enjoy sharing our knowledge, wisdom, comfort and to support each other along this journey, that we didn't ask to be on. I for one think we've done a damn good job, so lets keep it up guys and gals!! :blink: :D ;)

Amputeegirl, sorry you feel the need to compete for post, that is the last thing anyone should be feeling around here. It has nothing to do with competition and everything to do with caring!! It's to bad you find the need to de-register, but as you stated in another thread, "you found what you came for and now you're done"!! Guess that pretty much says it all!!!! My best wishes in whatever it is you decide to do in life.

To the Admins and Mods, you all do a GREAT job with this forum and I believe I'm speaking for the majority here when I say we all appreciate it, b/c we know without you there, we wouldn't be here and we wouldn't want that to happen!!! :( Keep up the good work guys and gals! :D :ph34r:

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Live for today and let tomorrow be, for the future is not ours to see.

I can not believe this...just three years ago, this poor Country and people from all over this planet met the most horrible death...There were people from every coner of this world when the " hate to americans"" was greater than sensibility. Many inocent bystanders (not just americans), died...All because of HATE TO AMERICANS. Such shame, "THEY" don't know what kind of people, americans are. When I came to this country in 79, I met a family of Cambodians refugees. They were brought to this part of this world by some church..they got an apartment, clothes, foods, etc. I met the little girl (about 10 of age), she told me her family story, it was a very sad one... I could not believe that little girl could ever smile again. I will always see her face when I think about Cambodia, the country with so many sad faces.

I think what happened to ERIC, let many people feeling helpless, angry... I can't say that what Junka wrote about westerners was something to be thankfull and happy about, but I guess we know we are strong, helpful people, who are able to accept everybody, no matter what the religion, race etc, etc. so we can take this little slap on our faces...after all we prove to the whole world that THEY came to our turf and tried to kick us to the ground but we got up, and we fought back for our way of life and our freedom...By the way, when I said WE, I meant it. I think, I have the right to use it because I LOVE this Country as much as I love Brasil and I cry everytime I think about what happened on 9/11/01. I will never forget it.

If Lesley and Junka think this forum is not for them ...I have to say that I am sorry you feel this way and hope and wish the best for both of you. Anytime you feel like you can e-mail me...my computer is open to any race, religion, country. Lots of love

Dea

Apologies for the late response but work has been rather hectic lately.

I am sorry that Jukka has decided to leave the forums. Although his posting style is aggressive, I agree with Muz that it might be down to a difference in culture and I think people have gotten a little silly and taken his comments too personally.

Jukka has made some good criticisms and I agree with him to a certain degree on the insular nature of these forums. Quite often informative posts turn into a chat session which could alienate others not used to this kind of chatting.

I am not all that bothered by the 'chat' nature of these forums as it provides good support for those who can relate to it, but the chatters should also show some consideration for those who do not post in the same style.

Although some posts may ruffle my feathers I am always glad when someone opens my eyes to things I had never before considered and I would never consider banning someone just because they have opinions I do not agree with. I think its a poor reflection on this community that Jukka has decided to leave.

Lesley its not a competition. There is no required number of posts and if you don't feel you can comment on every topic then don't. Please don't leave just because you feel you cannot contribute. You might miss out on the time you can help someone in a similar situation to you!

Edit: I'm curious - why was the topic on sweating closed?

I think Brian said it all in his post.

How come my name is still in the member list? Someone please, remove it.

I have found a more open minded forum and do not like my name to be associated with this forum; after all, I stopped my participation long ago.

Thanks in advance.

Jukka

I stopped my participation long ago.

Actually by posting this question rather than e-mailing an Administrator, as you were instructed to do by Doggie - 8 months ago, your participation in the forum ended at 05:45 on 15 May 2005 ie today.

Interestingly since your last post a terrible event took place which affected thousands of people. I'm talking about the Tsunami last December. It may have escaped your attention at the time but many individual people (not just governments) contributed to the relief operation in the area either by giving their time to help or by donations. I know of one pensioner who donated a whole weeks pension to help. This was for people they didn't know, many of them Muslims. They put their religious and cultural differences aside and did something no matter how little to help. Maybe this can help you overcome your prejudice of eveything West and English speaking athough I suspect you will still have something to complain about.

Good luck on your new found "open minded" forum. Personally I like the "chatty" style of this forum. Often just chatting will reveal information or lead to others asking questions that they didn't know to ask in the first place. The things one person takes for granted as an amputee are often the very things newbies need to know. By chatting informally these things leak out in the conversation. A newbie may not have thought to ask about it and the more experienced amputee would not have thought to make the information available as it would have just seemed the norm for them.

Regards

:unsure:

Hi

I must belong to a different forum I dont take offence at anything i read on this forum either that or i have missed thing's on here.Please Please just use this forum for your and our own good dont say one country is better that any other or worse,.And if you dont like what you see dont look and if you are going to leave go dont keep making comeback's like old blue eyes did.So if you have gone you wont be reading this if you are looking then you are still welcome.Please forget the past and start afresh.

Regards Pat.

I am sorry to all on this forum for agreeing with this Jukka character, so please forget what I said. I love this forum and if this person doesnt want to come this they can just leave.

Lesley

Hi Lesley, I'm glad you decided to stay on board with the rest of us. :D You are exactly right, if this person has issues with being here that can't seem to be resolved, then I agree, they can leave.

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Kindness goes a long ways, so let there be enough for everyone.

To All:

I am sorry to see this fellow go. He was quite intelligent and had a lot of info to put forth. It is "sad" from my point of view that "issues" arose.

However - - - - I see the forum he has found to share his "global concerns" is none other than that run by Ian Gregson..................who we all enjoyed the company of previously.

Jukka...........I know you will read this..............before I was an amputee, I never gave it a thought. I am guilty of this. Now that I am an amputee to the degree i am, I am concerned....not globally.............individually!!!!!

ED