Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Gizmo

Do you have pets????

I have two very naughty cats. Shiva - the Hindu goddess of destruction (no coincidence..) - a beautiful three-colored callico (gallico?) cat, almost 15 years old. Used to be good, has picked up a lot of bad manners from Gismo. Who is about 3 years old, was found in the street after being hit by a car. Was transported to our clinic where I adopted him. Special feature: orange tabby, pretty chubby, one eye missing. Biggest scoundrel on earth. Has more stupid ideas in 30 minutes than other cats in 3 years. Can open any door, drawer, cupboard. Picked that up from Shiva. Plus calls people in the middle of the night by pressing the repetition button..Has in return taught Shiva to distribute grapes, tampons and other picturesque things equally all over the apartment and misbehave at night, showing mommy that it is a particularly idiotic idea to be asleep when it is prime time for cats.

I could not live without my babies any more.

I love cats for their independence, but I like dogs also but would never want to have one. Can borrow the dog of my boss and my colleagues, though. Just returned from Italy where I was dogsitting for my bossĀ“s dog Eloise, a stubborn huge furball (Leonberger).

Apart from the cats, I have a couple of moths, spiders and ants at home, but we are not on a first name basis...

I just know that MJ has a dog..what about the others???

Regards,

Gizmo

We have a looney dog named Murray who thinks he is a cat and cat who we were never goin to keep 12 years ago named Kitty who thinks he is a dog. Our dog, who is not small, likes to perch on the back of the couch like a cat and stare out the window. We chose him cos he was in a cage at the Pound shaking and we felt so sorry for him. We didn't know at the time that shaking means..."I'm about to explode with excitement stay away!!!!!!" The cat we got when its mother, who we also owned ( does anyone really ever own a cat?) had a litter of 2.The one we chose to keep decided to ive elsewhere and by the time we decided to keep the other he was answering to Kitty. He has a tendency to use various places in the house as a litter tray which never correspond to his ACTUAL litter tray.

I love the cat but could live without him. I could never be without a puppy running round.

Pics to follow soon I hope.

I am also not on a first name basis with any household insects.

Cat ( not to be confused with an animal :wub: )

I have 2 dogs...my baby Frodo who is a S..T-zu/maltese/miniature pincher mix. He looks like a miniature schnauzer or large yorkie. I got him at 3 wks when he had pneumonia have had him ever since.

I have my Rottweiller named Gimli he is 18 months and 82lbs. He is being trained to be a service dog. He is doing quite well.

:wub:

I've had cats most of my life. Unfortunately my last one, Penguin, died in January from age related kidney failure so I'm "feline impaired" at the moment :( . Would like to get another sometime but have to sort my life out a bit first... unless I get adopted by some stray in the meantime :)

We have one dog, Sandie, which we named because she is pure white. Likes staying outside for ridiculous amounts of time, and then wants to come in at 4 in the morning.

also likes biting the postmans hand off!!!

lady? couldnt help but notice the theme there!!! lol

PamR

Hi gizmo, My children bought me a puppy for last christmas. She's a Tibetan Spaniel. I'd not had a dog since I was a child,so was a bit scared at first. She is a year old now and such a great companion. Me being in a wheelchair was a nightmare at first, but after a couple of weeks she got used to me and avoided the wheels.She sleeps in the wheelchair at night when I get into bed. She's not the most obedient of dogs, but has some very funny ways.I wouldn't be without her now.She gets into the lift with me every time I go upstairs to the bathroom .She alsoloves to run in and out of the shower when I'm using it, then rolls on a towel to dry herself.-regards -Mishka

I have a dog named max he's my baby. He dosen't know he's a dog and if he could he would talk. He is always yelling at me for something especially when I leave him for awhile when I come back he gives me the business. I spoiled him when I got him at 6 weeks old. He sleeps with me every night.

Yup LORD OF THE RINGS!!!! It would seem I'm a freak about it, but actually not. My dogs just happen to fit those names. Frodo-a dog that looks like he belongs in hobbiton (?) and is a theif. And Gimli-short stocky dwarf-like dog...who has good energy but not fast energy.

:ph34r:

We had a little terrier called Meggy, she died earlier this year, she was about 17yrs old but looked like a puppy. I only ever heard her bark twice in all the years we had her, she was a really good little house dog.

We now have an adopted cat, this cat must belong to a neighbour that is out at work cos it only visits us during the late afternoon, it has a little drink, a bit of a fuss and a cuddle off my son, a wonder around the house then goes back to its proper home. I like it this way, all the good stuff and no responsibility.

Too many cats :huh::unsure::ph34r: ;)

Cat

I have three birds, 'Shadow' my cockatiel, 'Scooter' my parakeet, 'Sweetpea' my parrotlet and a Beta fish named Nemo!! They all can talk, that is, except Nemo! :lol: Shadow has the biggest vocabulary, that is, when he wants to, he can also put pharses together, such as, "Com'on you can do it"!! I told my husband we should take him into rehab sometime, I'm sure the people would get a kick out of him!! My luck he probably wouldn't do anything and just leave me standing there feeling foolish!! :P :lol: My tiny little parrotlet, the smallest parrot in the world, she only weighs 3-5 grams and so precious, but has the BIGGEST attitude of them all!!! :D :lol: I have to keep her away from the other two, cos she'll go right after them....... no problem!! :unsure: The parakeet pretty much stays right in his house, looking at his little friends in the mirror..... girlfriends I think!! :lol: They're all my babies and have given my so much enjoyment. Someday a Yorkie, my sister has one and he is soooo precious! :ph34r:

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Life's a one time deal, keep love in your heart and all things will heal.

We've got a dog who's a bit of a mixed breed--that is, we've no idea what he is--called Jacko. My brother named him after an Australian celebrity, although he wouldn't admit it. Jacko actually turned 19 in May! The word in the family's been "Remember, he might not be around much longer," for the last 10 years! He's a little blind, and a little deaf, but we love him. I went scrounging around for the photo I took of him a couple of months ago, and here it is:

post-7-1096291392.jpg

We have a sort of Bouvier, kind of black hairy dog with problems to see through all her hair.

Because of hers funny bark and hair-all-over her name is Wookie... like the Chubaka Warrior in "Star Wars"

Our cat is called "Poes" wich means cat in Dutch... easy.

It terrorizes the neighbourhood by fishing the ponts empty and killing all too lazy birds, frogs, mice and rats around.

She proudly deliveres every pray in our backgarden however, mostly dismanteled in main body parts

But when that tiny, friendly and purring ceature lays peacefully in your lap at night, you forgive her all those horrible things.

At last there's Jumper, my daughters pride and joy.

She really gets furious about jokes of having her rabbit for dinner at Chrismass

Letting the dog out with crutches is an adventurous job, espessialy when she is in her love-period.

Getting wounded birds out of the cats reach won't work either, she's faster all the time.

And catching the rabbit when she managed to escape again ends up in just sitting in the middle of the garden, laughing at myself.

So in my opinion the only suitable pet for an amputee in all various circumstances is a turtle, a goldfish. or a choise of the wide variety in stuffed animals.

:blink: Jacko????? :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Surely not after Mark Jackson? :o

(runs for the pills in the cupboard)

Cat :D

My puppy.........Murray!!!! :D

This is last Xmas.......he loves unwrapping presents :P

Cat

I have a bullmastiff called Pepsi and two staffordshire bullterriers called Ebony & Alice.

Alice has no manners and is always pushing past me, knocking my leg off the ground or if using crutches knocking them out the way!

I love my dogs so much and would never be without them, when I cry Ebony is always there ready to kiss me and make it all better.

They are going to cost me 5000 pounds to fly them to New Zealand, when we go.

Ive couple of adorable little darlings. Golden retrievers who are a little under nourished at close to 90 pounds.

June , be careful about taking your pets overseas, we befriended a little stray cat in Australia and thought we would take him back to the states. Well instead of costing $60 for excess baggage it cost $850. After 6 weeks of being careful about letting him out in his new home he decided he didnt like his new home and left! So we were $850 down and no cat to show for it!

This is me and our dog Sandie, my son Andy, who wrote the other post neglected to say we called her Sandie because she is all white with sand coloured ears, doh!!

As you can imagine there is a lot of confusion in our house, with Sandie and Andy :P :P

post-7-1096627478.jpg