Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Muz

Back to Work Soon

Hi all,

It's been nearly 5 weeks now since I got my 1st leg. I can now walk short distances without sticks although going downhill is still "interesting". I've bought an automatic 4x4 and had it converted to a flip up left foot accelarator so now it's time to go back to work. Had a chat with my boss and he's happy for me to come back in fact he can't wait for me to go back on the shift rota :) . My GP reckon's that if I feel up to it then he won't stop me so I start again next Tuesday (when my sick note expires). It'll only be a short week as I have to see my prosthetist next Thursday for a 6 week review on my prosthesis.

I'm looking forward to getting back to some normality, as it's been over 4 months since my accident. I expect my girfriend will be too :)

Congratulations Muz!

I've forgotten what work is - it's been a while!

Anyway, hope you enjoy being back at work and returning to some "normality".

Best of Luck! B)

Good for you Muz

Hope it goes really well for you.

Think I'd go mad sometimes if it wasn't for work.

It would drive me nuts spending all my time at home.

Then again I'd have more time to look for pictures of cars dressed as cats....LOL

Cat

Ah Cat,

I get the best of all worlds going back to work. I get the benefit of comradeship from my colleagues and a fast internet connection to boot (works best on a night shift though when the manager and day staff aren't around) :)