Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
NeoAmputee

About NeoAmputee

Hello guys~ How are you doing all? :lol:

I have been browsing this forum and figured that I have never written any introduction about me. So I decided to write a short introduction about me.

My name is Sang Cho and lives in Maryland. I used to go to the University of Maryland College Park majoring in Bio-tech Eng and Pre-med; I have been taking a year off due to my amputation and stuffs. Yeah~ it is funny isn't it? I speak funny English but still managed to come this far. I had eleven surgeries before my amputation due to the medical accidence in my home country. After the eleven reconstruction sugeries, I was able to walk but couldn't feel anything on my right foot so it developed some pressure sores. Eventually, those became open wounds and prevented me from doing my daily activities. However, the main reason that drove me to the amputation was my ex-girlfriend who I really loved. I just wanted to be more like a normal person, walking without limping and walking long distance without bleeding from my senseless foot. But shortly after the amputation, she left. Wow! Again getting too personal~ haha~ :lol: Anyway, now I am doing much better, walking around and preparing for next semester in the college.

By the way, I just want to say that this forum and people from this forum gave me alot of strength to overcome this challenge. Thank you all for your supports!

Hiya Sang Cho and thanks for the introduction.

I'm glad your doing well and making plans for next year.

Don't worry about that girl there's plenty of fish in the ocean. ;)

Cat

Hi Sang Cho,

Welcome (properly!) to the forum! I'm glad you wrote that introduction - it helps people know a little more about you.

I'm sorry about the tough time you've had with your leg. It can't be easy, especially with you having to take time out from your University studies. But I am so glad that things are working out now. It's great to be walking again, isn't it?

Your ex will realise some day that she lost out - big time! By her leaving, she did you a favour though, as now you know that she wasn't willing to accept your new body. Why settle for someone like that?? You want someone who will love you no matter what. I have no doubts that you will find that somebody! :ph34r:

I'm also glad that you have found strength from this forum. We are a bunch of strong people - survivors. Welcome to the club!

Anyway, see you around! B)

Hello Sang Cho!

I am so happy to welcome you to our very special club. This is the place where the only cost of membership is an amputation. You will gain so much by your membership, more than you can comprehend right now.

I am very new here also. I lost my left leg below the knee on July 15, 2004.

I am doing quite well.

Your English is fine....so much better than if most of us tried to live and study in your native country. So don't have a worry about that.

I hope you do well with your new leg and are back to your studies as soon as possible.

And don't worry about that girl, there will be another girl who will appreciate you

just as you are!

LaDawn

Texas, USA

Welcome Sang Cho! I just have to repeat what the others have said...there are plenty of fish in the sea, and my best advice in that area is "have confidence"...people are drawn to people who are confident and sure of themselves, one leg or two! :lol:

Welcome to our little world and enjoy your stay!

Judy

Utah

LBK

A big and warm welcome to our open place, and never feel ackward about sharing personal stuff, that is what we are here for. Nothing is too personal, we all ahve a commonthread. P>S your english is probably better than many Americans so no worries.

There will be many many mor women who wil be interested in you, ig you believ e in yourself. I would bet that your leg was only part of why your girlfriend left you.

I tryly belkieve focusing all of the blame for the end or even someone not being interested in us on our limb loss, we are probably wrong 70^% of the time. It is very true that she is the one loosing out, but it is also true that you have (From your description, gained a better quality of life from you amputation.

To be realy really be honest I have alway thought that male amputees HAVE IT MADE, compared to us females. Because we are already so focused on what we look like and we have to accomidat for the FASHION element.(Buying cloths is SO hard) I will bet you money that you will find another better woman in a year.

Let me knowif I am right, and keep writing,Best wishes

Unique.

Hi Sang Cho, welcome to the forum.

As you have already found out from all the other postings here this is a great place to find inspiration. Here we all have a common bond and each and everyone of us are here to help each other in whatever way we can.

Forget the girlfriend, who needs the hassle. I 'm sure there is someone out there who will love you for who you are not for what you may or may not have in the limb department.

Stay positive :)

Hello Sang Cho, welcome to the family! I'm so glad you decided to introduce yourself and that you gathered courage from the group. That is one of the fantastic parts about being part of this family, you never know when you'll be helping someone. Take care and keep in touch.

Caroln

Hi Sang Cho, nice to meet, also to learn more about you. I think your English is just fine, no problem here!! It takes a lot of determination to come as far as you have, giving you every right to be very proud of your accomplishments. You certainly have had your share of problems to overcome and from what I've read, you've done a remarkable job. I wish you the best of luck with your next semester and throughout your career. As far as the girlfriend goes, she obvisiouly couldn't deal with the situation, I guess some people just can't, :( so perhaps it's for the best, that she did move on. You'll meet others out there, I'm sure, who can better understand and choose to accept you for the person you are inside first, then the rest won't really matter a great deal to her. :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

It's how you lived yesterday, that leads a path for tomorrow.

Hiyya , a huge welcome for me too . So , what are you taking in school anyway ? Your english is just fine , evever seee some of my spelligngng and stuffs ???? :P :P :P

Hi Sang Cho

Wow !! what a smart guy!! Bio-Tec-Eng and Pre-Med. Boy, some girl will be very lucky bump into your arms some day. I think your girl friend will open her eyes later on and find out how silly she was when she walked out on you. Don't feel bad about your decision, it was the only one...now you can go on with your life without many of your old painful problems. You can start living again. I am so glad you also decided to join our family. Love and God be with you

Dea

Welcome Sang Cho, sorry I am a bit late with my welcome, I have been in hospital having my amputation. Like you I am glad I have had the operation. I wish you lots of luck with your studies and I'm sure it won't be long before the girls are queing up to go out with you :rolleyes:

lots of love