Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Byteme12

Good news...Bad news.

Hi. Its been a while since I've posted anything so here goes. The good news; :) the revision surgery went well, the bad news; :rolleyes: I got an infection where one of the staples was, the good news; the infection is now all cleared up, the bad news; now I've had to have a sugery because of an abcess, the good news; it wasn't too deep and should heal in about a month, the bad news; this will delay my refit on my left limb, the good news; I have already got the refit on the right, have a stubbie, and am doing some rehab on it. So life goes on. Feel like the Good Lord is really giving me a work out, but its OK this is all temporary. Just happy we don't live forever! :lol:

Vince

Wow! Vince,

that situation is really impressive, but for the wrong reasons :rolleyes:

I'm pleased that you are still in good spirits.

Keep up the re-hab and it will soon all come together.

Thanks for letting us know how you're getting along, and please keep us updated.

best as...

Steve

Gees Vince you've been throught he wringer as bit.

Keep smiling and fighting.

Good luck.

Cat

Vince,

Sounds like you have been through a lot. But you sound as though you are still kicking (so to speak). Don't let all of that garbage get you down.

I've been through a few setbacks myself, but nothing to compare with yours.

Just as I got my prosthesis (lbk on 7-15-04, got new leg Sept 08) I had to have a surgery to close an ulcer on bottom of rt foot and have bone taken out of side of foot. Not a really big deal but it is my only "good" foot at present so I am off my feet, foot altogether. At times I wonder what God is trying to tell me, and at others I think He must just have a wicked little sense of humor.

I hope things heal very well for you and you are up and aroung very soon!

Take care,

LaDawn

Dallas, Texas

Hi Vince,

I'm sorry to hear of your setbacks. I had to fight infection before my amputation and I know what you are going through. It's very frustrating to have to sit around and wait for the healing to finish. But in the end, when you can put your legs on and walk, it will all be worth it. I'll remember you in my prayers.

Hi Vince

Sorry to hear of the problems you have been having with infection. Got to admit infection is the main thing putting me off have a revision done.Glad the refit on the right side is going well.

Ann

Hi Vince,

Sorry to hear of your infection but you still have your positive attitude which is good to hear. Keep up the good work and you'll be up on two feet again soon. Keep us posted on your progress with your stubbies.

Thanks to everyone. :D It has been a turn of events not wanted, but I did have some knowledge that it could happen. Just is a delay nothing more. ;) Will let ya'll know of my progress. What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger :P

What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger

Yes Vince, those words are very true.

I am sure this applies to your faith too, which, no doubt, has been strenghtened because of all that you have ben through (much like mine - which has never been stronger).

I'm sorry you've had a very hard time of late, but I wish you a speedy recovery.

Keep us posted!

Great attitude Vince! Hopefully we will get an announcement soon where you only have good news to share. You deserve it after all of this. Take care.

Caroln

Hi Vince

Sorry to hear about the infections but do not feel alone. I came out of hospital yesterday after having my abcess drained which was eight weeks ago, the wound just wont heal so they are trying something new to try and heal it. I know how you feel believe you me. Very Very frustrating. such a setback.

Hope all goes well,

Cheers

Jenny South Africa

Hi Vince, glad to hear the infection is all cleared up, the surgery is over and you're still keeing a good attitude about things!! :lol: I'm sure one of these days soon, you have only GOOD NEWS to report!!! :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)