Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
ethan

im home

hi veryone, just to say ive just got home after my op last weds. evereything went ok. had some major pain for a couple of days and some wierd sensations.( itchy toes !!!!). but it all calmed down over the weekend. glad its all done with now, just got to wait for everything to heal, the its all back to the hard wotk again!! cheers everbody here, you all put me in such a positive mood.

ethan

Oh Wow! Great news Ethan! You did it - it's all over now.

I hope you have people around you to do things for you, like make you a cup of tea! Don't underestimate the healing properties of a good cup of brew!

You'll be getting your leg before you know it. But in the meantime, take things easy, whilst you have the excuse! :P :wub:

I wish you a very speedy recovery! :D

Hi Ethan, i'm glad everything went well for you. Now just let things heal slowly and you will up and about before you know it. Take this time to relax and let your body recuporate.

Hi Ethan,

I'm glad all went well! Keep it clean and rest up, lots more ahead :)

gw_train.gif

Hi Ethan and WELCOME HOME!!! I'm so glad the surgery is over for you, now just be good to yourself and don't rush into the healing process. It all takes time and patience, cos everyone heals differently, but with each passing day you'll find yourself feeling stronger and ready to tackle just about anything, but not this soon, k? :wub: My best wishes to a speedy, healthy recovery and please keep us posted, that is, when you're feeling up to it, as to how things are progressing alone. :D

But..........never.gif

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Life is a wonderful place to be, the beauty that she offers is a gift for all to see.

Welcome home Ethan glad to hear your ok.

I love that frog Sheila.....LOL

Cat

Ethan,

So glad you are home. I know what you mean about those phantom pains! I had them so badly I thought I couldn't stand it. I also had a lot of itching sensations on my big toe. But now 3 months later and I have very, very few pains. Hope it works that way for you too.

Take care,

LaDawn

lbk

Dallas, Texas

So glad it went well. My phantom pain didn't start till a week after the op but I had the sensations immediately. But there are alot of people I spoke to at the hospital that had sensations but never any pain, you never can tell what will happen to you so just take everyday as it comes at the moment. Good luck :)

Welcome home Ethan, I also have just come home from hospital after my operation, so I think I know what emotions you are experiencing.

My phantom pains also emerged after a week, just like June's. They are driving me mad at the moment, especially at night, but hopefully they are only temporary. I am now looking forward to the time when I receive my prosthetic leg, so I can go and thank everyone who has been so kind to me over the past months and years, in my case this has been going on far too long!!!!

Good luck for the future.

Love from :wub:

Hey buddy, this is what I call great news. Hope you keep writing and feeling high.

Dea

I've read some of your entries Etahn, I am glad to hear that you are home and doing well. I wish you the best of luck.

Take Care!

Hi Ethan,

I hope your still recovering well. Josh had "itchy toes" for weeks after his amputation.

Debbie ( Josh's Mum)

Hi Ethan,

I'm glad you're home thanks for the update. Take it one day at a time and as I always say BABY STEPS. Soon you'll have your leg and you'll be up on two feet again and living life to the fullest.

Glad you're on the mend. Hope you've got someone to drive/wheel you to the pub it makes the time pass sooo much faster ... and it hurts less when you fall over (well, at least until the following morning ;) )