Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marianne

An answer to some computer probs i have been ask

Hiyya everyone , i wanted to share somehting here that i have been askeded about a few times because for some reason , someone out there thinked i knowed some thing about computer stuffs . Well , Ok , i may be able to help a teeny weeny bit here4 with one problem i hear lots about .

A few of you have sadied that you have problems with spyware and pop ups that are like sooooooooo bugging you so , here is a solution that i hope will help out a teeny weeny bit .

For POP UP ads and POP UP blocker , if you use YAHOO , you can go the the yahoo main page and in the SEARCH BAT , type in the worsds YAHOO POP UP BLOCKER . a new page will load and you scroll down till you see something called YAHOO VOMPAGNION and it should be there , This is a FREE download and once it's downloaded , you will have a smal added toolbar thigie to show uyou your pop up blocker . It's like totaly easy to use and even I managed this .

For SPY WARE getting rid of thingies . go to :

http://www.download.com and in the seach bar , type in : SPYBOT . A ne wpage will load and then scroll down till you see some callled : Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3 pop . It's a FREE download and there is no trial version ... it's totaly free . It is easy to install , just folllow the directions and once you have used it a few times , you should have been abaled to get rid of most of the spyware stuffs in your computer .

If you still have prorpblems , PM me and i will try and walk you through them a bit morer betterer .

Remember , i am a slushy gurl , not a computer fixer upper gurl so i like don't know everything but i had sooo many prtoblems with mine that i cried for ever trying to find a way to fisz it an d this stuff worked for me wellingly .

Hi MJ-wish I'd known about that last link before I parted with hard cash for a bought program which is meant to do the same thing but it can't remove half of the stuff anyway. It's useless, I want a refund and thanks for that-it's currently scanning and found four 'severe' threats already that the other pile of crud didn't notice- <_<

OOOOOOOOOOP's sorry but i forgottted to added soemthing in the last message . If you are using the SDPYBOY thingie , make sure you use it at leasty once a day for about a week or so to make sure you gotted rid of the spy stuffs . I use it every day anyway but you don't absolutly have to . You can also inunize again stuffs the were detected in the past so they don't infect lateron but youSTILL need to scan regularly .

I also downloaded 'Spydoctor' from this site. (He seems to be doing his job well so far.....) Thanks MJ ! :)

Thanks for the info MJ. I use SpyBot and Google Toolbar Pop-up blocker (similar to Yahoo!). I also run Ad-Aware SE. I use it along with SpyBot to cover all my bases. It can also be found for free at Download.com. :D