Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kristie

Happy 1 year!!

Hey! It's been a whole year now since you got married to the love of your life!! I hope you are having the time of your life. Which you probably are because I know the Paul will treat you good and have tons of loving surprises!!

Happy 1 year!!

Hmm...I didn't know that Heather actually reads the posts. Is there a section where she leaves her posts or what??? I haven't seen anything by her so I was just wondering, but I guess she is a part of the forum since everyone is talking to her....guess I'm slow at this :rolleyes:

Heather's staff keeps a close watch on the happenings of this forum. We love to hear from all, but the main use of the forum is for amputees to talk to other amputees. This is why it is called the "Amputee Forum".

It is a very useful tool for people searching for answers. Some people will never understand the problems that occur in the life of an amputee, this is why we will always get some strange postings.

Love to Johnny V , Vicki and Donna

Hear from you soon,

In my thoughts always

Love from Vicki and Niki :D

Vicki,

I'm not sure if your comment was towards me or not, but I AM an amputee. I'm just new to the forum. I see that everyone in this section talks to Heather and I was just wondering if she actually reads what everyone types and if she posts messages herself. Anyway, if anyone understands what I'm trying to ask and can leave me a nice reply, I would appreciate it :D

Hi Nicole,

I contacted the Heather Mills McCartney team with your question, and received this morning the following reply:

Hi Johnny,

Can you just explain that Heather does see the forum, but we do not want it to be for Heather to answer all the questions. We want Amputees to help amputees. By doing this amputees can get feed back from all over and may find a different way that will help them.

Thanks

Sonya,

PA to Heather Mills McCartney

I hope that this reply from Sonya helps you to understand Nicole. We all would like to have our own one on one with Heather if it were possible. But for now, this amputee forum that she has provided us with, serves a much bigger purpose with who we have to work with.

I am very happy to have you as part of our amputee forum. You are a very important part of the forum and I encourage your continued participation in it.

My very best regards: :rolleyes:

Johnny,

Thank you for finding that out for me! That's good that Heather reads the forum, but I think it would be even better if she would make a post every now and then, after all this is her forum :D Anyhow, I'm very happy to be apart of the forum and getting to meet and talk to amputees such as myself. I just wish I would have joined something like this sooner. Thx again for responding to my question...take care!

Nicole :)

Nicole,

As always, I am glad when I can help out. You and many others have expressed how you would love to hear a post from Heather every now and than. I too think that would be great. And maybe some day that still could happen. But we have to accept our limitations as well as the limitations of others, and appreciate what each one of us has to offer. Heather has and continues to have an enormous amount to give to the amputee community of the world by her coming forward as an amputee, wanting to make a difference. It’s all about providing strength to each other through peer support. And in what capacity we are able to do it, is different for each one of us.

I know from reading your posts that you personally have been through a bad time resulting from your accident. But you too have made a big difference by coming forward on this forum with your personal testimonial, helping someone else who reads it. They may have experienced a similar situation, and get strength from knowing that they are not alone. What may be therapeutic as a sounding board for one person is therapeutic for someone else who reads about it. Reading Heathers book did that for me and I would highly recommend that as good reading for anyone who hasn’t read it yet.

So Nicole, keep up the good work. I think that you may have even made a difference for your friend pleg. In one of your reply posts, you made a transition with him that was very impressive. That is a wonderful talent that you have. Continue to use it for the good of others. I look forward to seeing more of your posts on the amputee forum.

My very best regards and good wishes: :rolleyes:

Nicole,

I agree with Johnny this forum can be great with everyone contributing to it even if it's something small as You are doing GREAT or I understand. I was born without my foot and spent the first 35 years with very little contact with other amputees and therefore I always felt alone. Last August I underwent revision surgery and spent a good deal of time on the computer researching components and I found a few amputee forums so I posted a few questions and found many to be supportive. I also went through a period of severe depression and through these forums began communitcating with a few other amputees and they helped me get through those dark days. Like I have said before your family can support you and be there for you but they really don't understand how you really feel so it was these other amputees that helped me. I got through those days and have found many days of happiness and have also developed friendships with these amputees that I charish. Johnny V is such a helpful, careing person and I value his friendship as well.

Keep posting here because you help others that may have experienced some of the same problems. If you want to chat sometime you can get me at peggie_leigh67 that is my yahoo.

Best Regards.

Brenda Living Life to the fullest.