Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
jberna

Tami's big day

Just wanted everyone to know that yesterday (wednesday) was Tami's surgery. She was very nervous about it. I am going in to the hospital to visit her today, remind her that life will go on....Thought we could post some encouraging messages here for when she gets back home and signs on..... ;)

Judy

LBK

Utah

A HHHUUUGGGEEE mj sized rainbow colored mega super hug is RIGHT HERE :

((((((((((((((((((((((((((( HHHUUUGGG ))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi Judy,

I'm assuming you mean the Tami that joined this forum recently. The one who posted this as her introduction:

I'm Tami and I am scheduled for an BKA of my right leg in 3 weeks, Nov. 17th. I know it's what I need to do and I am anxious to be in control of my life again, but struggling to get through the emotions that accompany that decision. I was referred to this site for support and am looking forward to help me in what ever ways you can. I never realized how difficult losing a limb could be. The anticipation of the surgery is difficult to. Any advice? Thanks bunches. . . . .

Tami

(I didn't recall who you meant at first, but, whilst I was looking at the Introductions Topic, I saw Tami's intro and figured it out. My poor excuse for not knowing straightaway is that I've had an eventful past week, but I'm sure others may be a little confused too.)

Good idea though.

Anyway Tami, I really hope the surgery went well. It's not as bad as you imagine it to be, is it? It won't be long now till you're fitted with a leg and you can begin your new life. But until then, just relax and enjoy having others doing things for you. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon and you filling us in with all the details.

Remember, you are definitely not alone.

Take care. Wishing you all the best.

Thanks Afet ;)

Good luck, Tami!!! Wishing you a fast recovery .

See you back here real soon Tami I hope your ecovery goes really well.

Thanks for letting us all know Judy

Cat

Hi Tami, I hope your surgery has gone OK, I had my RBK on 6th October, so I am a few weeks ahead of you. I hope you progress as well as I have done. We must swap notes once you come out of hospital.

Get Well Soon.

Love from

Hi Tami,

Just adding my well wishes to the others. I hope your surgery went well and that you heal and are up and about before you know it. Remember BABY STEPS at first as that will help so much. You learn to walk before you run. Please keep us posted as to your progress and remember we are here for you.

Thanks Judy for letting us know.

Thanks Afet...I definately should have been more clear about WHICH tami! Sorry!

I went by the hospital yesterday and had a nice visit. It worked out very well because her teen aged kids and then other close family members came by when I was there. I got to show them all what her leg/life will probably look like in less than a year. They were encouraged to see that I just look like a "regular person", and their mom will too.

She should be home soon and I encouraged her to check the site and see the well wishes from her friends here. Thanks for posting, everyone. I know she will need your help with questions as her new life unfolds.

Judy

Utah

LBK

Good on you Judy. How kind and helpful of you to go and visit Tami.

We all tend to forget how tough it is for the family and friends of the new amputee in dealing with such a loss too, not just for the new amputee. It's a change for them also, and they often have a lot of questions and fears too.

But, I'm sure you reassured everybody and made a positive impact on them.

Hi

Thanx Judy for informing us on Tami's progress.

Tami, hoping you have a speedy recovery and will be up and about in no time.

Look forward to you getting back on the forum,

Cheerio

Jenny

South Africa

Hi Tami, hope all is going well and wishing you a speedy recovery. Remember every day that goes by, brings you a day closer to walking again and moving on with your future. :D We'll be looking forward to reading your postings, once you're home and feeling stronger. :D

wellbear.gif

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

:D Hello Tami,

Hope you are feeling ok and your surgery wasn't as bad as you thought it would. I am glad that Judy was there to help everybody to see that amputation is not the end of a good life, and also to give you some moral support. Keep your chin up and don't look back, you will be fine, you hear?

Lots of hugs.

Dea

Dear Judy,

Thank you so much for being there for our friend/family member Tami.

God bless you

Dea

Tami--

Hope all is going well. Take it easy and try to be patient. We're always here if you need us.

Take care.

Caroln