Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Snoopy926

Hello From Connecticut

Hi all,

My name is Peggy and I am from Connecticut. I am 34 years old and have been a BKA since June 00. I wish this forum was around a few years ago!!! I had so many questions with no where to go. Hopefully with everyones experience we can make this journey easier.

I am going on my second set of legs this month and very excited about it. I became an amputee after developing meningitis. My prognosis for living was less than 10% but live I do!!! Sometimes the worst things in life turn out to be the best!! I never knew how strong I was.

I look forward to hearing from others like myself as I dont encounter too many young amputees.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone willing to share their stories!!!

Peace...

Hello and welcome aboard Peggy,

There are plenty of positive people in this group who like yourself didn't know how strong they were until tested.

Rgds Glenn

Hi Peggy,

Welcome and I'm glad to hear from you.

New CONNECTICUT Amputee Support Group is having its 2nd meeting this coming Tuesday.

Please email AKActive@aol.com for more information and check out the listing on the Amputee Forum Page.

I, too am from CT and trying to meet more amputees. We have so much to share - just even the basic ADL's (activity of daily living). :D

WA

Hi Peggy,

Welcome to the forum.... My name is Brenda and I will be 36 on July 2nd and have been an amputee my whole life as I was born without my foot. I know what you mean about not having anyone to ask questions to... I remember growing up and feeling alone since I didn't know any other amputees. I would see some when I went to get my legs but they didn't live near me or most were older people. I didn't know any other children so I felt so alone. Now with the computer technology and also Support Groups it is getting better as far as meeting others in like situations.

Feel free to PM me or e-mail me privately at peggie_leigh67@yahoo.com

Brenda