Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
sarah.b

to much to drink

Hey *way to go girl* you've done a super job, so keep up the good work!! Your family must be every bit as proud of you as we are here!!! :D To see things clearly, is the only way to go!!

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

sarah,

good luck i have been there its very very hard but you will come through . also you have it seems so many nice people on this sight rooting for you .

all the best and lots of love from john

Hi Sarah: My first post. Lots of luv and best wishes. It's going to be tough but remember one second at a time, one minute at a time, one hour at a time, ONE DAY AT A TIME. If I can help, please don't hesitate. I'll be thinking of you. Liverpudlian living in Canadian Rockies now. Hi to everyone else. SO very glad I found this site.

Sarah--you are doing a fantastic job!! I am so happy for you. From now on, even with the rough days, life will be better for you and your family. Congratulations and keep up the good work!!

Carol

Hi Sarah: Lynne here. I'm thrilled for you. Have you checked out any AA sites? Keep it up girl, your doing great. Proud of you. Went thru this with my brother. My deepest thoughts are with you. Luv Lynne, Tara

just wanted to say thanks for everyones kind words and encouragment thanks it is great to know you are all rooting for me .

i am sat here crying my eyes out .it is approaching the hour when we goto the big familly meal in france the aperitif is very important and can goon for two hours .i really do not know if i can do this .the cravings have come in strong today and i am really frightened i am going to crack .i just really want to stay at home where there is no temptation.

Sarah,

Be strong - you know you can do it! Itmust be very hard - especially this time of year - but take it a day at a time.

Just think, if you can make it through today - then tomorrow may be a little easier.

We are all rooting for you.

Take care and I hope it all goes well for you today.

Sue - Cardiff - UK

Hi Sarah, hope everything is going to plan, and you had a good christmas. Best of luck for the new year.

Take Care.

Thinking of you during this hard holiday time, Sarah....new years eve is tonight. I hope it all goes well for you...keep us posted!

Judy

LBK

Utah

hi everyone just to let you know that the celebrations went fine .they were different as the first time sober in 5 years .i found it hard to join in with the dancing but have promised myself next party i am going to join in .still going strong and am feeling better each day

Hi Sarah, so glad you got through the celebrations unscathed. Give yourself a big pat on the back. Well done.

Hey Sarah,

GO GIRL!!!!!!! WELL DONE :D :P :rolleyes:

If you can make it through the party season's like Xmas and New Year - then you can do anything! :rolleyes:

Sue - Cardiff - UK

Hi Sarah, WOW, getting through the Holidays being sober is one HUGH step and you did it, Way To Go Girl!!!!!! I definitely believe you can do this, cos that shows right there, just how much you want to. Keep up the good work and the end results will be far more rewarding. :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Sarah your an inspiration to us all.Keep at it.

Hugs,

Cat

Sarah, i haven't been on for a while so i am only just catching up with the posts and i have to say that this one has to be one of the most inspirational that i have ever read.

You have shown all of us how being open and honest about our problems is the real way forward, it is what this forum is about.

Also what a fantastic response from all of your friends,( please include me in that family.)

I am so pleased that you were able to post here and i am over the moon that the friends you have made here have been able to help, support and encourage you through such an ordeal.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the fantastic progress you are making, both the ups and the downs.

I am certain that thanks to you this will encourage others with any kind of problem to seek the same support from us.

I am really pleased that you are doing so well, keep up the good work.

post-7-1105398683.gif

as you know it is my birthday today and it has been the best one in 5 years .ihad a great day and my hubby made me a chocolate cake to die for. it is getting beeter and better each day that passes without drink .i am just so happy at the moment

Sarah, I respect and admire you for all you are doing. Have a happy happy birthday. :D

;) Happy birthday Sarah...we are all so proud of you....here's to another five, then ten, then fifty years of being sober and seeing life thru clear eyes. Congratulations my friend.

Judy

LBK

Utah

still going strong .the cravings are only now and again now .doing really well with my shrink and talking about things i thought i would never be able to talk about .like the suicide of my mum when i was 14. lots of tears but feel strong.

Thats great news Sarah Keep up the good work.

I havent posted mush on this topic as I didnt know what to say but i do believe that that is great work

Love

Andy

just wanted you all to know everything is going great .cravings have gone and can even go out without being tempted.the difference it has made in my family life is just wonderful .also lost loads of weight and wake up every morning feeling fab no fuzzy head .