Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
sarah.b

to much to drink

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( HUGE slsuhy gurl hug ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

congratse0.gif Sarah

you're doing just GREAT!!!

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

How's it going, Sarah? I did a search on alcoholism and it brought me to this thread. You see, I, too, am fighting it. I've been in rehab a few times, the last being a few months ago. This last time, I went three months without and then I messed up! This last month I got rip-roaring drunk four times. I HATE IT!!! It always causes me HUGE problems. Both monetarily (about $400 in fines this month alone), as well as with my landlord, emotionally/psychologically, etc. The problems never seem to end. I am so fed up with it. LORD HELP ME!

I had an episode last night and the police were here because of the noise again, my landlord came by and yelled at me, too. I still don't know if I got another fine yet (they mail them to you). I am in such a depression today because of it. I don't know, I was just wondering if sharing with you folks might help me feel better... :(

hi julio .i am doing ok still fighting and like you not always winning .my hubby has a new job which means he is working 18hours per day .so have been very lonely have a drink to feel not so alone but not like beforejust a few as i do not want to let down my girls.it is very hardbut i have not been drunk in over 5 months.it also caused me loads of problems i said hurtful things to my familly and could not remember the next day.also the hiding of the bottles made me feel worthless.just take each day as it comes .if i have a drink now i do not do it alone and only have one or two but have to fight the urgeto have more.if you ever need to talk just e mail me keep fighting sarah

Hey Julio,

I have no idea how hard it is for you. All I can say is that you CAN beat it.

Sarah is an absolute inspiration and you will be too I'm sure.

Keep fighting,we all have our demons and we are all here to help.

Best wishes,

Cat

hiyyyya Juliio , i doo not havvviing anything knowiing aboutt drinkiing and stuffs likke that but my mom and dad gived mme soome waay awsoome adviice a ffew yyearrs aaggojustt after my injjurrying . I askkeded them how i wwasiing goiing to survivvinnngness it the restestt of my liffee . They tolddded me that if didinn't hahvving to .. all i havviing to doiing is survivvviinng this todayy . Iff i cannn getediing pasttest todayy , i willing makinnng to tomorrroowow . Herre I amm . Donn't letiing this yukky stuif beattting upping you .

Thank you for the sweet, kind, encouraging words, folks! :rolleyes: They mean a lot to me and I got something from each of your posts. I'm glad to hear you're doing well, Sarah, that's encouraging. One good thing--I have a new start as of today! I mean that in more ways than one. You see, I just pretty much settled into a new apartment. No, I didn't get kicked out, I needed to move into a smaller apartment as I had one way too big for me. I had moved into it with my mom some time ago and she's been in an assisted elderly care home (not a nursing home!) for a few years now so I had space I literally didn't even walk into hardly. Well, thanks for caring and taking the time to reply. :)

I needed to move into a smaller apartment as I had one way too big for me

You don't know how jealous I am ;)

Keep up the fight Julio, your photographic talent is too good to drown in alcohol.

Muz--LOL!!!--now it's way too SMALL!!! :D :D :D Thanks for the compliment. :)

thankyou all for your kind words and encouragement .this is one of the hardest things i have had to admit too but i have the support of my familly who i was slowly beginning to destroy .i know i can pull through this so just thanks

Good luck Sarah and I hope your recovery isn't too hard on you. The hard part was realizing you need help. Having family and friends there for you will help. Just listen to what they tell you because they want you to be a part of them.

I have a younger sister that is an alcoholic and she doesn't see any of her 9 brothers and sisters because of it. And it's sad because we want her to be a part of our family. I wish she had your strength to see her situation.

Praying for the best for you Sarah and as said before, we'll be here when you need us.

Judy

Dear Sarah,

As others have said better than I, realizing the problem is the first step. Admitting that you do not have the power is another. I hope you have gotten involved with some sort of 12 step program. They really work.

My husband is fighting an addiction also. Although not alcohol, the dynamics are much the same. Our family might not recover but he will, and that is important.

I wish you sobriety and sanity. Stay in recovery. If "one day at a time" is too long a period, try an hour at a time. And enjoy those who love you.

In sobriety,

maryl