Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
sarah.b

to much to drink

just wanted everyone to know will not be here for a while as going into detox as everything is too much cannot cope anymore

Hey Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear that things are not great at the mo. You know that we will all be here for you, when you need us.

Good luck and I hope that you will soon be back with us.

Take care.

Sue - Cardiff - UK

Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear of that too.

I hope things get themselves sorted and that you can be your usual self again.

As Sue said, we are always here for you.

Wishing you all the best.

I'm glad you recognized that you needed help in getting past your problem. Good luck. Remember you are worth the effort :)

good luck Sarah.

You know where to find us when you need us.

Cat

Sarah , i am totaly lostested for wrds after i readed your post . Actually , totaly lost . I hope that you will have the strenght to once again find yourself buit you sooooo hav ee to know that there will be tones of waaaay awsome people here who will help you if you wish . Be strong gurl and be back here really REALLY soon .

Good luck Sarah, it must have taken a lot to admit you were going into detox. Now you have taken steps to admit you have a problem, things will get easier for you. I wish you all the luck in the world, we will be here for you when you get back.

just wanted everyone to know will not be here for a while as going into detox as everything is too much cannot cope anymore

what does 'going into detox' mean? and how does that stop someone posting on an internet message board?

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm quite serious, I don't understand

OBL , what measn is that wehn a person goes to a detox place , it is a place where they get help to get off things like drugs , alcohal or cigarettes or stuff like that , sort of like a Drs. setting where there is lots of help available . In most cases , a person may not be allowed access to things like the internet or ecven phones calls / visits for teh first little while to allow them to be able to better adjust to the setting whrre they will be . however , youmust rememebr that this is NOT , NOT , NOT a jail thingie and a person going to such a place most often will do so voluntarirly beause they had the courage and strenght to realize that there was a problem that they needed to address but also needed the support of of other in the ame possition to help them defeat thier fears or demons .

I totaly admire sarah fro having the courage to be able to find the strenght to make this desisison and buy teling us here that this was happening , this tels me that she has enough confidance and trust in all of us to be willing to share this very private thing . She actually will now have TWO places to turn to for help ... us here as well her new freinds at the enter and together , WE ALL can help her and help eachother as well i think .

Sarah , you WILL be waaaaaay hugely missed whiel away but we know that once you do come back , and you will be back , you will be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much stronger gurl .

huge rainbow colored hugs gurl

thankyou all for your kind words and encouragement .this is one of the hardest things i have had to admit too but i have the support of my familly who i was slowly beginning to destroy .i know i can pull through this so just thanks

Good luck Sarah...my heart goes out to you.

judy

lbk

utah

Sarah, I admire you for taking that first step and having the courage to reconize there was a problem. Also for sharing with us, so that we too, can be there to help whenever you need us, we're just a mouse click away!! :D Good Luck and remember, one day at a time...... you can do it!! ;)

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Hi Sarah,

We will be here waiting and wishing you will be back in a zippy.

I admire your courage and determination. My son-in-law was always blaming everyone for everything that went wrong in his life. When he drunk he could be so abusive... The drinking sent away all the people who loved him. Now, in France all by himself, he finally realized he had to look for some kind of help. Unhappily it is a little too late to save his marriage..I still love him as a son and I hope he will turn around and at the end be a winner. The same I wish you Sarah

Love and Hugs

Dea

Sarah--

You are taking a very courageous step and I wish you the best of luck. I was married for 20 years and my husband was never able to take that step. He died this past May of liver failure at the age of 46, leaving behind three children. Alcoholism takes a nasty toll on everyone close to it.

Take care and make sure and holler when you need.

Caroln

carolann sorry to here about your husbannd. i have an appointment with the doctor of the detox hospital.this thursday. had a bad few days when got wrecked the craving is there at the mo but am trying to keep occupied.hubby not here in the week so have to keep going and not drink for the sake of me and my daughters.my sister in law is popping in every day about 7 in the evening so it is another incentive to not drink.also just sat at the table the other day with my family i realized we were laughing and i had not had a drink it felt good mj just wanted to say thanks for( healing the whole person) it is exactly that . i i have not come to terms with the inside me and alot of the outside .of me i asked my gp lots of times for help with the inside to no avail.started to enjoy drink more because it made me feel good inside but one or two was never enoughmost of the time the whole bottleannd then the sadnees that i had drunk that much so had more drink 3days today without drink.

Hi Sarah,

It is so easy to get caught up in slogans while sorting things out. But the one slogan that matters is "One day at a time." And I can attest that sometimes it might be "One hour at a time."

Alcohol is tough, as it is legal and it seems that "everyone else" can drink and not have problems. I admire your strength and willingness to live without being a slave to the bottle.

Hearing yourself laugh without being blasted is the sweetest music of all, isn't it?

You will soon regain feeling good from the inside out. You have much joy to spread and many who want to give joy to you. I wish you well in your new journey.

Maryl

Hi Sarah, I hope you are coping OK today.

We had two members of our family suffer with alcoholism, and fortunately, both came out the other side. They both were hospitalised and both nearly died, but with family support and the great help of AA both survived. One became a counsellor for AA and devoted his life to it, sadly he has now passed away, but was able to live a full life up until then.

I know how you must be suffereing and your family too, I just hope you have the strength to get through this, for you and your families sake.

My thoughts are with you this week. Please be strong.

:blink:

well today is the day i see doctor am very nervous but have not touched a drop since friday night.my sister in law is coming with me just in case i cannot express myself properly in french as when i am nervous my french seems to go out the window will let everyone know what is happening when i come home if i come home

Best wishes sarah......stay strong we are with you.

Cat

well everything went fine yesterday and for the moment am staying at home .the doctor gave me tablets which help with the cravings and if you drink with them they make you sick.also i am going to a shrink to get my head sorted out .feel very relievedand not so alone .my sister in law as been great and came to the appointment with me and helped when i could not express my self in french.also i am going to a pain centre to see if there is anything they can do to relieve the pain i live with everyday as do not want to become aka so i am hanging in there

(((((((((((((((((((((((( huge rainbow colored hug enclosed )))))))))))))))))))))))

Sarah , EVERYDAY you go without is yet one morer huge victiorotry for you and a great reason to keep winning and winning and winning and winning....... and on those days when you need a boost , you KNOW we are here totaly for you to maske sure you don't fal, down .

thanks everyone for your understanding you are all a great bunch of people.x x x x

Hey Sarah,

WELL DONE. Small steps / goals. As everyone says, take it a day at a time.

Good luck and take care. Remember that we are all here for you - it's like one GIANT HUGE support group.

Sue - Cardiff - UK