Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hollywoodhenry

A Funy Thing Happened Back on the Way to the Bar

Several yeas ago,I owned a Resturant and a seperate Bar and Pizza Place in a large Condo Complex. One day my Bartender called in sick, in the Bar so I took his place. when his/my relief came on that afternoon I left to get to the car I had to go down a long steep ramp. As I was leaving one of my customers,who had been drinking all day told me to be careful. Half way down the ramp the lock on my leg broke My waitress saw what had happened,rushed out and asked what she could do? I told her to go to my car and get my forearm crutches that I kept for reasons like this in the car. Having on jeans I could not slip the leg through the cuff, I had to go back into the bar to the restroom[Loo], to try to fix my leg or take it off. As I passed my 1/2 or 3/4 drunk customer he asked me what happened I told him I had broken my leg. His answer was yeah, right, I pointed back behind me as the leg was now dragging the ground with about 1/2 way up the thigh out of the cuff of my jeans. He got this very pale look on his face and fainted. I told my waitress to get water to revive him,which she did. I preceeded to the rest room and took my leg off slung it over my shoulder and left,my drunk, who had been revived by this time, took another look and almost fainted again. He mumbled a few words grabed up his change and left. Later he complained to the owners of the Condo complex that I was a crazy one legged fool. Needless to say he never came back in again. All my people enjoyed telling other patrons about the insident, over and over. We even hung an old foot over the bar in honor of our drunk ex-patron

Henry :D