Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
eddie103

The Adventures of ED

To Afet:

I'm not going to say anything that will cause your head to get any bigger!!!

My head is normal and my "ego" is ok. I just really really really enjoy those moments.....like standing in the driveway..........sun on my face.........breathing the air.......and thank God that I can do what I can do.

And .........yes........to Muz................ the rum in the sun is fun.

ED

Hey Ted:

does our spirit good to accomplish tasks that others said that we would never be able to do

Couldn't agree with you more!

I had flex feet on my first legs. When I got the C leg, my prot got me Luxon Max feet as there was not enough room or something or , at that time, the flex feet.....whatever.

At any rate, my prot thought I would really miss the vertical shock pylon I had. The end result was that I didn't. The lateral torgue converters I have are a bit springy though,...............but I can't complain.

ED

I really hate to say this but..............fully erect, I am 5'9".

Note to all: I am not responsible for any of your responses to this statement!!

*waits patiently*

:o .....*waits with worm on tongue*.....(baited breath)

Hey Ed............

I meant the Luxon Max, not Flex Foot.

It was a choice between the Luxon Max or the Luxon Journey, and I chose the Max.

It's still a quite of bit of difference between the old feet and the new feet.

It will be like learning to walk all over again I am afraid, but I will get the hang of it!

Didn't get any type of rotators on the feet, they should flex enough at the ankle as they are. The Journey flexes a little more at the ankle that the Max.

Later

Ted

waits with worm on tongue

Hopefully not in a public place ... there's laws against that doncha know ;) :lol:

... and no comment on Ed's height :P

Damn it stung again by the Muz. :blink::blink::unsure:

Hi Ed

I need you to show my step daughter how to get her but off the settee!

The education service in your area should show film of you in action, to show how a real human being operates!!

I am reading 'Band of Brothers' at the moment, you know 501 Airborne, the screaming Eagles, man them guys were tough, you should should be a honary member...............cos your made of the same stuff!! ;)

In the UK, we say........you have got loads of bottle!! Hats of to you Ed

As to rum Muz, I was given a bottle of Nelsons blood once! Have you tried it?

Wicked..............no wonder they won at Trafalger!!! :D

Paul

What's the world coming to, Muz has no comment to make, come on lads don't let the side down :blink:

Paul, by Nelson's Blood do you mean "Pussers Rum"? I've tried that as well as Woods which is a similar strength and is usually available in Senior Rates Messes in the RN. I quite enjoy Navy Strength Plymouth Gin as well ... strong stuff :)

Muz

This Nelson's Blood Rum is sold at his birth town I believe in Norfolk, tasted like cough medicine!!

Not for a social occasion, unless your facing a broadside!!

Paul :D

LOL.

You do pop up in some strange places Muz

That top & barnet, clash Ed! Girls can't you get Ed a lighter shade!! ;)

I have to say it Muz I was waiting for the stats comment on the " um 5 .8 or something (We need a Dr Evil smiley)

Mel.

ps Pam & I are waiting!!!!

The "Rock and Roll Weekend"

Mother has a pond.

This year, she gets the inkling to make it bigger. We buy an additional liner.

Friday night I decide to start digging. I have to be in butt mode. I dig way more than I planned / that's ok - supposed to rain the next day.

Get up Sat morning / start digging / on the ground I'm about three feet tall sitting / I need a hole two feet deep / I look strange with just a head bove ground.

Finish

Mother sees someone at the other property / gos to see - its the neighbours - they want to remove this little rock sticking out of the ground as it interferes with everybody's sleds.

She says "OK but that's my rock and I want it over by the other place".

Two hours later, they arrive dragging the boulder from hell behind their truck..........it takes three men to put it into place,nice job.

Later she says to me " I want those other rocks over here.........................

So off I go in chair.........get there and have to roll each rock.........through the woods..........on my ass.......FOREVER!!!.....till I get one in place..........then bum back (cause the chair's over there)........and do it again.

Real good exercise!!!!

Now she wants the "big black one"...way too big to roll!!!

I take the ATV over to the rock...........dismount...wrap the chain around the rock................get back up on the ATV........head out...............

Chain slips off.

Try again.....same thing.

I'm pissed / this is something I cannot do!!!!

Go in the garage...have a smoke....relax.......head out for one more try.

Get to the rock.....dismount.....place the chain elswhere...............have to move the rock 1/4" @ a time to get into position..........dam near kill myself lifting it over.

Fasten the chain.....start to drag the boulder................IT WORKS!!!

I get the dam rock close to the pond......it takes one half man and two small women to waggle this thing into place.

This weekend I get to plant around the pond ...........yeehaw!!!!!!

ED

::: Dancin’ the Night Away :::

Back from another weekend of “country life”. Finished up the pond area and now am starting a patio area amongst the trees.

Saturday night was the “Spring Dance” out in a remote country area. The band, Nick and the Boys” must be over ninety a piece and this time they were very good. The music is “old time”, that being old waltzes, polkas and other styles that are favorites of then old people in that area.

It had been arranged for a “radio person” to go there and record some sounds and interviews for an upcoming radio documentary on myself and my C legs. As such, I was “forced” to wear them to the dance. I had hoped to just use my “wee” legs for this one as a trial. I was very apprehensive!

Got to the hall close to 8:00 pm / took only one cane this time as last dance, I used two / got into the hall / met a lot of my older friends / settled down / CBC radio showed up / talked a little / music started and the herd hit the dance floor.

First dance was a polka / took a friend / used her shoulder to steady myself while getting to the floor and away we went!!!!!!

Must have done several waltzes / a few more polkas / and did myself in trying to mimic a “heel – toe (which in my case is a “heel- heel”)

Wiped out once (trying to take too big a step – lesson learned)

Old guy goes up to the wife and says “What happened? Did he get a cramp in the knee??”

Wife says “He doesn’t have any knees.” The guy is flabbergasted!!

I did very well for my first try at dancing for real!!! I was very very tired after that dam “heel – heel”!!!! My stumps are very sore from the abuse but it was GREAT!!!

I expect the next time (this coming weekend) to like everything else so far – easier (I hope)

Oh yeah – the wife bought tickets for the bottle draw / comes the draw / she has a winner / so I’m pushed to go up / yep it’s a winner – draw another one / I do and give to the guy / I go back to the table only to find out that I had drawn another tickets from our batch!!!! / so we win two big bottles and piss everyone off / it was great!!

ED

Good for you Ed, Tango next? :D

Your an inspiration to us all!

Ed I need to invite you over to the UK. Once you've finished terracing my garden you can show me how to dance so that I don't look like a complete (or should that be incomplete?? :)) prat on my wedding day :P :lol: :lol:

I swear, Ed, I don't know how you do it. You make me want to do better.

::: Who Knows What Kind of Creature Lurks:::

We have decided to add a sitting area around the pond I had put together out in the country.

We also decided to use broken paving slabs for a surface ' cause they are debris and free.

It is supposed to rain over the next few days. The soil here turns to what we call Gumbo when this happens.

So off I go / late in the evening / two atry wee legs / shorts / one hand cane / it's dark / in my pickup / to hunt for these things

I find a pile.....get out............waddle over to the pile...........bend over 'cause I can't bend down.........pick up a piece.............man these things are heavy!!!!....my balance is way off

This is really really hard.

I do this about ten times.....I am sweating / geting really tired

My first topple over happens............it's a "good" fall.......I get up........drag this crap over to the truck and heave it in....I've had enough for one night

I will have to do this many many times to get the amount of material I need. I do not look forward to this but I also know that it needs to be done.

ED