Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
eddie103

The Adventures of ED

Star Date: 2_6_2005

Hi All:

Just finished a stint in a radio station sound room. CBC Canada had contacted me earlier to see if I would concede to this kind of interview.

A week earlier, they had sent out a young woman to record "sounds" at a country dance I was attending. These will be mixed with the later intereview.

The production will be on this summer sometime and I am assured that I will be informed as to when it will be aired.

For those interested, I will be posting the date and time and I understand that this will ber available via the net.

I guess that I can add this to my list of events since I was hit.......what a way to awareness!!!!

ED

You'll have to post the URL if it's available on the net, ED. Look forward to hearing it.

Same here...Looking forward to it too. :)

Wow that'd be cool to hear Ed......looking foward to it :D :D

::: Troubles at the Gravel Pit :::

I use an ATV to get around my properties and local areas out in the country. I also have a small cheap garden trailer for yard work…………you know…….the kind that has a dump release, two wheels and a box.

To finish my pond area, I need gravel for the base of some stone work…………there is a gravel pit way out in the woods.

So…….I hook up the trailer to the ATV, throw in my little shovel and head off…sans legs. The wife warns me that sometimes the gate of the trailer falls off from vibration.

Half way there………….sure as sh_ _, I look back and the gate is not there……turn around……….find it………dismount……bum my way over……….put it back on the trailer……..climb back on the ATV and continue my journey………..alone in the woods.

It has been raining all day………..I get to the pit…………pull up to a pile of gravel……dismount again and start shoveling with my little spade.

Time passes and I fill this trailer finally……..climb back up on the ATV………..head off…….can’t move!!! The load is too heavy!! Dismount again………shovel off a bunch………remount and head off. I’m moving!...........go about 50’……. The trailer bounces hard…………then the dumping mechanism lets go ‘cause now the tongue of this cheap trailer is bent from the weight of the load when it shifted from the bounce!!!

Dismount……………have to remove over half the load in order to get the bed back in some kind of position………remount (I am now tired of the crap!!) and head off slowly.

Go about 100’………the bed tilts off AGAIN!!......dismount…………unload almost all of the gravel………I’m sitting in a mud puddle doing this……..remount……..head off again.

I get to within site of my place…………the friggin’ gate falls of the trailer and the rest of what was my cargo pours out in the ditch. I get home with nothing but a broken trailer!!!

ED

P.S. I have since fixed the trailer and have returned several times successfully. It sucks to be legless.

::: I Have Always HATED Xmas Lites:::

I have hated them when I was whole and continue to do so as I am. They are the curse of any married man!!!

It has been raining for three solid days. I do what I can in the rain. Otherwise, nothing gets done if we wait for the sun to shine.

I am finished……….I am wet………I am tried………I am cold…….I have had enough for one weekend…..I am in butt mode. I gather up my tools to put them away ‘cause I am finished.

Out of the blue, the wife says “ Aren’t you going to take down those two trees?” I say “What are you talking about (I am getting stressed!!!!)”………..”Those two scrub ones by the pond.”

OK!!!………..so off I go………..get a bow saw………..cut these two puppies down.

“Look out for the lights” I hear. Sure as sh_ _, the lights come down. The line is broken. Now the wife has to repair them. Man I hear about this!! I lose it!! I will fix the dam thing!!!! I am now pissed……..it is raining hard.

So, off I go………..get a 6’ step ladder……..hall it from the garage……set it up…..dismount from my wheelchair……grab the end of the wire…….CLIMB UP to the top step of the ladder!!!! The wire is now too short to mend. CLIMB DOWN the ladder…go back to the garage and get some stuff. Go Back.

I am able to mend the wire while on the ground. Now the lights hang too low. I hall the ladder over to the next area…..set it up………CLIMB UP to the top……..adjust the lights……….CLIMB DOWN the ladder. Now the next section is hanging too low.

Haul the dam ladder over to the next tree. CLIMB UP the ladder……….adjust them as necessary………CLIMB DOWN for the last time……..put everything away.

ED

Moral of the story: Watch for overhead wires when wacking down a tree!!

Benefit from this experience: I CAN CLIMB A STEP LADDER!!!!!!

:lol: Wish I was your neighbour, would have loved to see that.

Bloody hell Ed,

What are you like!! Your an Alfa male that's your problem!

I have a punch bag hanging in my garage, when I have a bad day I'm like Rocky!!

It's the same in the UK rain all the soding time. I went out to the garden four times Saturday only to be driven back by a deluge each time!

Last week I was 'Best man' at my mates wedding, we went to Lords to watch the cricket, I walked so far on a pub crawl I made my stump really sore, been on crutches since!!

My Dr says limit your expectations young man, I say *!>?*!! we shall over come.

Moral of the story Ed, is it's in our bloody gene's!!

I hope it's stopped raining for ya

PJ

Ed, I hope you're keeping good notes. You really should write a book.

I hope you're keeping good notes

These are my notes Girl!!

Your an Alfa male that's your problem

Not true!!! A bit whipped though.

ED

Hi All:

::: Legless Man Completes the 2005 Manitoba Marathon:::

Yesterday day (Father’s Day) I completed my second “Half Marathon” in the wheelchair event. Beat my previous time by 19 minutes. The weather was really hot and humid and I saw a lot of people either being sick or passed out completely.

I was pleased to see more people in this event this year. There was one fellow from California and a young woman from another province here as well a several other regular chair users. Some people do this event in racing wheelchairs and others use hand cycles.

When pacing with another fellow, I noticed that I had to stroke two times to his one. This is because I have no legs to weigh down the front end.

For next year, I MAY try to do a full marathon but I will have to address this front end issue some how.

My time this year for 13.5 miles……………..2 hours 6 minutes.

ED

Well done Ed, great acccomplishment :D

As usual, Ed, good job. I can't wait to see what you come up with to weight the front end for next year.

Hi All:

I thought i would post this info so far. I still do not have a date as of yet however, I will post that as soon as Iam able.

The following is a copy of an email sent to me with some information.

I have asked for additional info and will post that also.

ED

Hi Ed,

I was just at my computer... saw your e-mail.  This is your local website -

http://www.cbc.ca/manitoba/

there's an audio/video section and you can listen live there.

The main CBC is at cbc.ca."

Absolutely blindin', Ed. You should be very proud of yourself :huh: :)

Way to go Ed!!! :D

Damn good time too. :) :)

Good goin, Ed. Looks like hard work.

Ed you are such an Inspiration, thanks for sharing those pictures.

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Kindness goes a long ways, so let there be enough for everyone.

post-17-1120942709.gif

Beautiful Ted: