Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
eddie103

A Day at the Beach

Hi All:

Last summer was my first time attending a function here put on by a heath care supplier. It was and is called "A day at the Beach".

Food is free / lots of people attending / the sponsor brings in a lot of new toys for people to try out such as hand bikes etc.

So here I am sitting in my chair in the middle of a raod talking to the sponsor. He is a bk / ak.

As we are talking I spy a pickup truck rolling by.

The sign on the door says:

"Bill's Stump Grinding"

I says to the sponsor - "With so many amputees around, Jake you got to control who comes around here pal!"

I know - tell a lousy joke - but a true story.

ED

LOL Ed. I love that sort of stuff.

To Clarify the "joke" to some:

Bill's Stump Grinding is a service that beats the snot out of tree strump to below ground level.

ED

Funny you should mention that ED, down a couple blocks from where I live there's a sign by this person's driveway that reads, "Stump Grinding" as well. That's why I prefer to call mine, my residual, so someone don't get me confused with a tree trunk, as I am awful close to the ground!!! :P :lol: ;)

Hope it was a nice "Day at the Beach for all of you, sounds like fun!!

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Hi Eddie103

I think thats a cute joke. It is really funny, I agree and like to call it my leg, I dont like the term stump, or knob as some people call it. I just say my prosthesis and people know what I am talking about.

Lesley

:wacko:

Hi ED.

That was good.There was an advert in our local paper that said they repair furniture table's were there specialty it said if you have wobbly leg's we can fixed them or replace them.I was rather tempted to phone and ask if they could help me.?

Pat.