Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
annie

a little thankyou.....

hi all,

I haven't been round much on this forum recently as my partner Si (fireman Si )is now logging on here regularly.

I joined the forum back in July after Si had his accident. I was distraught, desperate and in need of advice and support. Not only for myself but for a glimmer of hope that I could pass onto him whilst he was in hospital.

Si now pops up here frequently and the only thing i can say is that he has found immense support here. And if we dont know the answer to a question - we log on and all of you email back to offer answers.

Just wanted to say that i still pop in here now and again to see how everyone's doing...but most of all i wanted to extend my thanks for helping me get through this. All your kind & supportive words were used to help me reassure our friends and family who were going through it as well.

The hard part for me is over...Si is home and well and at one point we didn't know if he would even come out of that hospital. But I know the hard part for him has really just begun...the fittings, the pain, the further op's. Thank you for what you have all done for us and we hope that one day we can return the favour to you

with love and many thanks

annie xx

Hi Annie,

You are most welcome. When I came to this site, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I found support, information and advice - exactly as you described.

My sister asked me today, why I log on each day, and read what reminds me of what I am - an amputee, and I replied that I find it easier to talk about the things that go on in my life, as far as the amputation and its after effects, with people who understand how it feels, and others who live with amputees also. Quite smple really, plus its a great source of information sharing.

I hope that everything works out for you and Si (and I'm sure it will).

Sue - Cardiff - UK

Hiya Annie,

Glad the 2 of you are feeling better. The only favour we need in return is that people come here, learn, get support and move on to greater things. It's an absolute joy to watch people progress.

Take care,

Cat

:rolleyes: Annie, your message brought tears to my eyes. What you describe is also what I found a year ago....you said it so well. I dont poke my head in here nearly enough, a sign I am back to 'real life' and have less sit down time...but just want to say I agree with you...the people here are amazing angels.

Judy

LBK

Utah

Hi Annie,

I'm new on here from Melbourne Australia. Have only just found the site. It's a wealth of info and just really good to know that there are people in the same situation that you can talk to. My friends are great but they can't relate to the stuff that drives me crazy. I'm trying to set up something similar in Melbourne; the info over here really lacks substance so with a bit of luck I can change that.

All the very best to you Annie and remember to look after you too.

Mel, Melbourne Australia

Hi Anne

I am not around so much. But I am glad everything is going well. I didnt know he was your husband, but keep up all the support you can

and I know I prob didnt do anything but your post almost got me in tears

Lesley

Hi Anne, I know exactly what you mean, when I was in hospital having my op in October, my husband and sons signed on each day to give an update for me, but not only that they found it a great comfort and gained a lot of understanding by reading the postings of other amputees on this website. Infact, they still log on occasionally to keep up with old and new friends. :)

I wish you and Si all the best and hope everything goes your way this year.

With love