Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
jberna

Tomorrow is MY birthday...

;) I know my story is kind of "backward"...in that I had a bum foot before and then cut it off so that I could have a foot that worked...so my anniversary date of my surgery is like a true "birth"day to me....I truly got to start life again, with a foot that worked, on January 12 of last year. I believe I share that date with Heather Mills (her real bday) and my precious neice who lives in London, who will turn four tomorrow.

I have had some fun this year....just as I had hoped....a lot of time at my prosthetists office (my four year old considers him a good friend!), and a lot of figuring out how to read my new limb...but I am on my way to a much more active life. It is up to me now, how much time I put in the gym, getting those withered muscles back, how much time I put into PT and learning correct gait...but I love that it is MY choice now....with that bum foot I felt like I had no choices.

So we will have cake at our house tomorrow...to celebrate mommy's new life. And I will go by my surgeons office, with a photo album in hand. I have filled it with pictures of my new life, pictures of me doing everything from rafting to hiking. He was a bit skeptical, because my leg had no disease, no current infection, but I argued the "quality of life" stance and he trusted me, that I knew what I was in for. I am forever grateful that he did.

Just wanted to share my happy day with all of you, my true extended family.... ;)

Judy

Utah

LBK

Judy!

I am so proud of you and I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and hope all your wishes come true on your special day, have lots of cake and be happy that you got another chance, and keep up the FANTASTIC! work you have done. Thank you for letting me share it with you

Lesley

Happy BIRTH day Judy.

I love seeing people get on and enjoying life.

Well done .

Cat

Have a great day Judy. We'll all be there cheering with you!

Carol

fcf07180.jpg

Happy first birthday Judy! I hope your life just keeps getting better with more adventures of discovery :)

Happy BIRTHday Judy. you have such a positive outlook. Keep up the good work.

Happy Birthday jberna:

I consider myself as a "two" year old going on three.

Where else in this life but as an amp can one get to relive their entire childhood learning all the skills all over again!!!

ED

HAPPY B-DAY JUDY and may all your wishes come true! fetes12.gif

Sheila lbk

Maine

Keep Smiling :)

Judy,

You took a big leap of faith and made it a positive experience. Thank you for sharing your journey with us and showing so many that there is life after amputation. You're amazing my friend!