Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Barbararose

In praise of Heather

I just read the article today and just felt so sad for Heather. I had tears in my eyes because of the hurt that these vicious lies are affecting her and the work she loves so much.

I was very lucky to meet Heather about 2 years ago...I found her to be beautiful, funny, sincere, and genuine. I admire her immensely.

I remember how awful the press and fans were towards Linda...haven't they learned how hurtful it was then?

I only hope that Heather continues to have courage and strength to do the work she loves the most and I thank her for all of her efforts.

Is Fiona VagueRant?  I'm glass_0ni0n from Paul's board!! ^_^

Lauren you dork!!! :P :D I say that with affection!!!

Well, is she? What did you mean by that, (((Christina)))?

I`m not sure what you mean by fair. She has done many interviews where she does not discuss her private life. If you mean defending her image with someone who is on her side then there was the one she did with Piers Morgan for Tabloid Tales.

I meant a fair interview/article where they simply report: let her words and actions speak for themselves, and don't weave in their opinions of Heather...objective rather than subjective.

Not that I can think of, no. :(

Heather on Any Questions

I was in awe of Heather last night on Any Questions...for a girl who left school early she is some recommendation for the school of life.

Her composure, intelligent erudite answers and support of animal groups (I am also in Peta and try to create awareness of Iams pet food methods which are on video, (which makes me feel faint to watch) the clever way she slipped in the info about experimentation...brilliant.

Heather should be in politics with her fearless and down to earth approach, she is understandable to the layman and doesn't try to couch everything in puzzling rhetoric.

Heather is the capable type we so badly need to capture folks interest and participation in political matters.

Thank you BarbaraRose for posting that link.

I wish Heather every success with her campaigning to stop such a despicable "trade."

It is beyond belief that some people are capable of inflicting such cruel treatment to these poor, defenceless animals.

Afet , I must confesss that I didn't read thee all artiicle because it was too hard for me to read it because I am a very huge animal lover and it really hurts me to read or see stuffs like this .

I don't know if this will makes other memebers mad or what but , would I be asking too uch if I asked that the link be removvved . I know it only me but stroriies like that really distuurb me biggly . Por animmlas

Heather's unrelenting fight for animal rights really impresses me.

I heard from my dad she was great on Questiontime. (where she put up a good one to protect foxes) I wish i'd seen the show.

MJ, i know reports like these are heart breaking to read and i know how much feeling you have for animals, but they are necessary to make people aware of what is really going on behind the scenes, what our fellow human beings are capable of doing :angry: It's shocking!

Kaz , your rriightyly as uususuall . It's jjust soooooooooo hard to read aabboutr sucjh thingies and see theem sometimes that I get phyysically sichk reading abbout stuffs like that . I can't look at that on a tv or anytthing too . Yes , i am vvery close to my furry frereinds and I fight hard to proteect them whhenneveveer I can . Havveing saided that , please disreggard my request to remmove the link . It was slleelfish of me to doo that and yyess , if ppeople see;s that , maybe thhye will doo soomethhing too to stop this yukkyness .

Anyone see Heather on GMTV the other day? She has a campaign to stop the trade of fur, even fake fur. Apparently, the fake furs aren't actually fake. She showed example furs which were made up from alsatians, golden retreivers and cats - it was horrid. She is in Brussells talking to some MP (or someone) about getting a ban, and encouraging people NOT to buy any fur - not even fake fur, becuas eit could be someone pet you end up wearing....what a thought...Go for it Heather

More info at: http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....IMAL-FUR-DC.XML

Wear your own coat

post-7-1109764890.gif

It's jjust soooooooooo hard to read aabboutr sucjh thingies and see theem sometimes that I get phyysically sichk reading abbout stuffs like that . I can't look at that  on a tv or anytthing too . Yes , i am vvery close to my furry frereinds and I fight hard to proteect them whhenneveveer I can . Havveing saided that , please disreggard my request to remmove the link . It was slleelfish of me to doo that and yyess , if ppeople see;s that , maybe thhye will doo soomethhing too to stop this yukkyness .

MJ,

I am glad that you have thought about things and have decided to withdraw your request to remove the link.

Actually, the link wasn't even as disturbing as you imagined it to be. It was just a news report on Heather and the conference she was attending, and some of the issues raised.

I can understand everything you are saying though. I am very much like you in that I hate, abhor, reading/hearing of animal cruelty, but recently I have decided to be a little stronger and looked at a few links that are found on Heather's main site. That's how I know of the cruelty. I wouldn't recommend it though. It took me a while to get some of the images out of my head. I cried a lot. Also, if anything like that is shown on TV, I make people turn it over straightaway. Not that anyone at home can watch it anyway, as we're all the same.

The reason that Heather is raising awareness of this issue, is not only because it is wrong, but also because the fur is being sold in EU countries under the pretence that it is anything but dog/cat fur or even that it's actually 'fake' fur. Obviously, this is misleading, and that is why it is important that people know that such a trade exists, so they can be more aware of what is happening.

Example: Imagine if you had bought a pair of gloves that were furry on the inside, but you were led to believe that it was fake fur. But then you discover that it's actually dog fur that has been dyed to make it look like it is 'fake' fur. How angry/sick would you feel?

Well, that's what this is all about. If you had knowledge of this trade before buying the gloves, then you probably wouldn't have bought them. You just wouldn't have taken the risk that they were dog fur.

Also, it is important that the EU bans import of this trade, for if no-one buys any of it, then they might stop, or at least slow down, this cruel treatment. If there is no demand, then I would imagine - or hope - that supply will go down too.

ADVVANCE WARNING TO EVEVRYONES ... THERE IS A CHANCE I MAY OFFEND SOME PEOPLE HERE SO IF I DO , I WANTING TO APOLOGGIZER IN ADAVAVNCE BUT THERE IS SOME THING HERE I HAVVEING TO SAY .

A whiling ago , Kaz , saided that most hummans are likke trained seals who follow evveryone else because they are suposed to do thated . Oh how right she is .

poeoples , the isssue of animal furs really makes me veery sick because what that tellings me is that we wearing them to making ourseelves LOOK beterr to other peoples yet , by buying and wearing them , we ar actuually prommotinng that sencellesskinlling of animmals for nothiing more than a fashion thingie . What ththat tellings me is that we are somehow jusutifyying that we are betterer and morerer highinger than our animmal freiinds and we have the riight toi kill themm so WE can have a $5000.00 fur coat . YYYYYYUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKK .... and only as a ffashhion statemment thingie . I wondering , those who wear them are in my oopinnion showoij g that they devvalue life by promotiing the killing of annimals for fur . Hmmmm , what is to be next on the list of thhings to be kiilled and devvalued for an affectation only . What evevr happenend to resppecting ALL living creatuures an dNOT putting ourselfs higher thaN ANOTHER ANIUMMAL .

Kiling is killing is killing is killing . We kil annaimals for fur yet , we too are annimals too an dif we kill another person , we gooed to jail for ever . Yet , we kill an animmal , we get to wear THEIR fur ????? YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK .Rememeber , we too are animmals too and I for one treat others , peoplle an dannimmals the samme way I wish to be treatted . If we vvalue like , as we do here jjust by being the survivers we already are , why can't we takke this sammee zeesting for lifing and make our furry freinds have the samme chance to live out their life naturally and not be kiled jjust so we can have some stupid fur coat to show off with .

Saay NO to ALL FUR and please , at least try and support annimals rights too .

I ammnotting goinging to saying anymore on this beccause I dooon't wanting to sound like a broeken record . I HAVE however seen the tears from people like Kaz an dothers who liike me are vvvery close to our annimmals and we suffer allos when they do . Kaz once saided to me some thing that really hit me totaly hard . she saided to me that just becaause we see a dophine for exammple wiith it's big bbeautiufull smill all the time , that doeesne't mean they ar ealways happy . But , we seem to exploit that all time with dolphines in cages for water shows an dstuff . GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR .

Would do the sammme thing to a human that we are willing to accept bbeeing diooned to aniummals ?

MJ, thank you for speaking up. Why aren't there more people like you who have the courage and the passion to speak for our furry friends who don't have a voice. Well, they do - just most people aren't interested in listening.

Kaz , the annswering to your question is eassy . people don't listten to our furry freinds because they are too busyy listening to thiier cells phone glueded to theeir ears to mmake profiits . Profiting for the deaths of inocennt lifes and for only some stupid fashiion thingie .

Is it me being totally a crazzy gurl because I can listtenm to my dog , or cat or a wolf and just frommm thieer sounds they maming , i know what theyyere s aying because i feeeling it . Thenn , I see thier woinderfull facces and exppression abndn aggin the samm eesounds and definnnitally know quuesttion whhat they are sayying .

Thhink aboout this . when the woroold just had that terible tidal wav ethat killed 200,000 ppeoplle s , all the annimmals knowed this was comming anndthey almoost allingly weeented to saffer placces untill it was saffe to com eebback . Hmmmm , I wonnder , who is the reallly smmart ones . Maybbe if wee wooulded sppeend more time and money on saviing anuimmlas and learniing from THEM , maybe lots and lots and lots of ppoeoples woulded hav ebeen savved .

Kaz , I knowing that you an di are on the zackitkcly same wave lelenght about our furry freeinds and if you an di cann be on the samm e wave thingiie , one you an di alllos share with our anjimmlas , why ccan't otheers try an dundeersatnd them morerer , why , why , why , why ,,why ............................

Marianne...Afet is right...that link is not as graphic as some...There are times I can't read the Peta emails with video BUT doesn't that highlight the way Heather grabs the issue, faces it full on and goes and does something about it...thank heavens for folks of her calibre and connections that can help in these horrible matters.

She forges ahead and leaves her detractors defeated, I wish I had Heather's courage...I do try and do my bit though, I take Iams pet food leaflets into stores and explain about the video I've seen, of their terrible cruelty and experiments on animals, unbelievable for pet food manufacturers. When I can't put the name on a site I put...I AM So surprised, hope you can spot the Iams! so folks know the firm I am talking about at the end of an article about "a certain pet food firm" who forces cooking oil down cats throats and other things.

I can post Peta's website on here and you can join to add a voice, it all helps.

Peta site...

http://www.animalactivist.com/

You don't have to be an activist but they give loads of advice and will send you leaflets to distribute if you wish...I just leave one or two in Doc's waiting room...gym club changing room...or simply show folks very gently...what not to buy etc..I always get a positive response!

Heather supports Peta too....it is a bona fide oragnisation of integrity

Hiya Barbra rose , thanks totlay muchingly for that link . I will hhaveing a looksy this weekeend for sure .

I sure wishing that I hhaded morer saytrenght to be stroonger abbout being soo emmeeotionaql gurl with my annimmals but they do soomething to me and make me a mushy gurl with ththier beautifull eyes and ears and facesa an dall . acttauuly as i am writiting this right now , I hhave my beauautifull little dof wiith me and yaa , he's sick and quuite old for a dog but yyet , i see in his eyes and face and feel his enneregy just the wayingly he looking at me and thos eyeyes are telling me abbout all his hhappynessess and joyys . i Loving my dog .

Beautiful pictures in the Hello mag....Heather looks so very happy and content now...

Daily Mail chatboard very strict now....one says if they mention the Beckhams the post is deleted and they are all grumbling to say they have had warnings...about time too...pity the posters couldn't have had interesting cerbral discussions instead of childish hurtful rantings!

Peta link

Hi Marianne...Have you looked at the Peta site...they do such alot to help animals...very brave and informed...thank heavens for them.

Heather did a cover on their mag once...lovely pic too, its good to know we have srong people on side helping the animals who can't speak for themselves.

Good to see that DAILY MAIL board kept in order now...needed to be capped...

Hello... I just joined this forum and appreciated reading the posts regarding Heather as well as some of the others... am trying to play catch up a bit.

I have read various things about Heather since she became the wife of Paul and am very impressed by her life and activities.

Some may wish to take here rebuttals to the negative press besides speaking about the difficulties of parenting as complaints, but that's not how I view her comments. Heather has been honest and candid and rather than being honored for it, she was treated disrespectfully by some old school Beatles fans, besides the press.

Heather is an encouragement and a challenge to anyone who has suffered from loss of limb to depression. She is an example of grace and courage under fire and I can see why Paul is so in love with her.

In our media driven world, it is easy for some people to view themselves in regards to a stereotype. This is another reason why someone as intelligent, witty, and beautiful as is Heather has an important role to fill in society. Rather than playing a victom, she has used her life challenges [which include abuse and neglect] to walk proud and with confidence.

I appreciated the relationship that Paul had during his many years with Linda and think that once more he chose well in regards to his significant other... with Heather and baby Beatrice he is very blessed.

I think that there are just some jealous people in the world that wish to stomp on the happiness of others. I happened to run a Beatles group based on their lives and loves and Heather is truely admired for who she is besides her obvious sex appeal . [it's an 18+ yahoo group but email me if interested.]

Until I read the article posted, I hadn't realized that she worries about premature death from complications from her amputations. How common is it? What can be done to guard against this?

I have learned recently that 70% of people over 75 die from a fall often complicated from a cracked hip. Those who survive are those who are able to gain some level of mobility...

What I wish for everyone on this forum as that you have rich, healthy lives and are able to create a more aware and loving society for future generations. This is what Paul does for me with his music and Heather does by her example. Cheers, David Star

Came across this article this evening which helped me to understand Heather's fears about complications that could take her life. I really appreciated this article especially since my vegan diet has saved me from my genetic disposition to high cholestrol. I have been a vegetarian for 20 years but 5 yrs ago when I added dairy to my diet [pizza], my health was jeopardized. I agree with Heather and am thankful to be in better health than most people over 50. Of course, my goal is to be as vital as Paul when I reach his age :). David

Veggie Diet Helps Me Live Longer - Mills Mccartney

By Anita Singh, PA Showbusiness Editor

Heather Mills McCartney claims a vegetarian diet may help cure cancer.

The former model has joined husband Sir Paul in extolling the virtues of a meat-free lifestyle.

She became a vegetarian after losing a leg in a motorcycle accident 12 years ago.

The wound became infected and she was in danger of undergoing further amputation, she said, until she cut meat and fish from her diet.

In an article for London’s Evening Standard, Mills McCartney wrote: “As I watched more and more of my leg disappear, I decided to discharge myself from hospital.

“A girlfriend of mine had breast cancer. Although not scientifically proven, she believed she went into remission after following a vegetarian programme at America’s Hippocrates centre in West Palm Beach, Florida.

“In desperation, I went to the States. The moment I arrived they took me off all my medication... Just 10 days of a strict vegetarian diet, wheatgrass juice and placing garlic poultices on my wound (Owwww!) and I was healed – as were scores of people around me, from addicts to cancer sufferers and non-insulin dependent diabetics.”

She added: “I managed to stay meat and fish-free for years. When I briefly went back to eating it, it coincided with my contracting cancer of the uterus. I vowed from then on that vegetarianism was the healthy lifestyle for me.”

And Mills McCartney declared: “I find it astonishing that people keep fuelling their bodies with junk as if they were immortal. Maybe nearly dying four times, as I did after an accident with a police motorbike in 1993, has made me really appreciate life.”

Since meeting former Beatle Sir Paul she is now a vegetarian for ethical reasons too, she said.

Mills McCartney wrote the article after a recent study which claimed parents who put their children on a vegan diet could be harming their development.

Sir Paul was so incensed that he rang a radio station to rubbish the report.

Like the musician’s late wife, Linda, Mills McCartney serves up only vegetarian food at home.

The anti-landmines campaigner Mills McCartney said dinner party guests are treated to “fake chicken, duck and steak” made from soya or tofu.