Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

Tell us something about YOU that has nothing to do

I like playing around with digital photos and using photoshop to change pictures. Started doing this in 1986. . .

Nothing wrong with that Marcus ... or am I getting old too? ;)

OLD 80's stuff?????? (jana discretely slides the OLD 60's Beatle albums under the edge of the sofa) Oh yeah, you bet.....OLD 80's stuff!

lol I do apologise everyone! hey it makes me feel old too, all my childhood toys are now collectors items! :angry:

:P

oh and Muz, I didnt think men even bought their own underwear? - I thought thats what your birthdays and christmas were for! ;) :lol:

(and the obligatory socks of course!)

I'm learning to play the guitar again after 17 years. We are emigrating to New Zealand in a few months. :angry: At 33 I come top in the class doing a Higher National Diploma in Building Studies (Architectural Technology) I was in the bottom groups at school, too interested in the boys :wub: May go on to take the Degree when I'm in New Zealand.

Hi

I love horses. I have been breeding them for about 20 years. Nothing better than hitching up my horse and carraige at 6 in the morning and go for a long drive around the countryside. My other hobby is gardening!

Regards

Jenny South Africa

Hi Jenny!

I love gardening too! It is about time to start on the veggie garden here. Actually that was on tomorrows agenda but it started raining tonight. (I think my husband was in the bedroom doing a rain dance!) Last year we had 2000 square feet planted in veggies. Yummy! Everyone in the family and in the neighborhood gets veggies and recipes. That is my donation to going Veggie in the world...supply people with them... :lol:

(You just wait...if it's not raining...he's gonna take that tiller and get some work done....hehehehe)

Jana

USA

Ok, I guess I should have put more things on here.

I also like...

Reading, anything by Stephen King, Anne Rice, Peter Straub or Clive Barker. Also don't ever give me an anatomy bok unless you want me to be quiet for hours.

Chatting online.....it's just plain fun :D

Movies.....I love being transported to other worlds.

Sport.....I love cricket and was going to be in England this year but decided to open a buiness instead :D .....oh well only 4 more years to wait.

Travelling to anywhere different.....which means the whole world I guess lol.

I hate housework but really enjoy the satifaction of finishing it.

I HATE gardening

Cat

Hi

I guess I should of also put more into my mail. Jana we also plant veggies and herbs on quite a big scale, give more than half away. My hubbie also looks at the sky whenever I ask him to plough. Cat....I was watching cricket all afternoon, I love it especially international.

regards

Jenny South Africa

My other hobby is gardening!

ooh yes I do enjoy a bit of gardening. Its so therapeutic Even though I only have the bed in front of my flat :D

Cat,

If you love a good mystery AND you love anatomy then you should read The Surgeon by Tess Gerretson. Her books are excellent and quite riveting.

Well, My hubbys rain dance only worked over Saturday night. Sunday dawned gorgeous....and mumbling under his breath I aimed him to the "back 40". He worked on the fence all day while I did some clean up from last years garden and began getting this years garden in.

The Parsley, Oregano, Thyme, Sage, Lemon Balm and Cilantro all came through the winter with flying colors! I planted some early Basil, Lettuce and Spinach. About noon I let him take a break and we went to town to get something to eat and to go buy my onion sets and seed potatoes.

It's funny now..but last year I had hundreds of pounds of tomatos. I couldn't get to them fast enough and I couldn't give them away fast enough! Yesterday I was thinking longingly, and wishing for a tomato fresh off the vine. How quickly we forget!

All in all a pretty productive day!

Jana

Hi

I love animals especially Samoyed dogs cannnot wait until we move somewhere settled and I will get another one.

I love going out with my girlfriends for lunch and having a good old gossip with a couple of bottles of wine.

I like my new computer which means I can now be back on this forum, would like to know how to get on to the messenger chat forum or MSN.

I like watching movies sitting all cosy on the settee when its really cold outside.

I like a good discussion (some people would say argument) it makes me feel better to let it all out.

I love shopping don't mind whether it's George at Asda or Prada at Matches (a very very expensive shop near were I live, which my husband has banded me from going into) luckly for me I do not take any notice of what he says.

I hate going on diets but that is something I definitely need to do then I will be able to shop at Matches more - designer clothes always come up so small or is it that I am just too fat.

I love going for walks with my dog Rosie.

I would love to run with Rosie like before the accident hopefully that is not so far away.

I love going to see my family in Australia. (I am hoping if everything goes to plan and they Australia let me in, I may be going to live there next year fingers crossed).

I hate mess and clutter, I am a completely tidiness freak only the animals get away with making a mess but that is always alright. :)

Hi Everyone: Sorry have not been on puter lately, I'm working like crazy for that holiday we are taking next Jan or Feb.

I Like To:

Read, knit, crochet, cook, bake, camp, fish, 4 x 4 off road, helping hubby in garage, bike ride when there is no snow :wub: , swim, garden, photography, work, enjoy my family, travel,

Lots more but I can't think!!

Have a great day everyone

Lynne

Tricia I love samoyeds too, my first dog was a sammy which we got when i was 11. She was without a doubt the best dog in the world! Saddly she died last year at the ripe old age of 14. I have now moved on to much larger white animals and am in the process of (hopefully) buying a rather large white horse!

Mike

RBK

Scotland

Hello Mike,

Sammy's are just so wonderful Rosie looks like she is always smiling, I have owned dogs all my life and I really think she is the most wonderful dog in the world she is almost human, I know that sounds silly but to someone who has had one I am sure you would agree. She comes from up your way the breeder who is now a close friend and the only person I will ever leave Rosie with lives in a little village not far from the borders of Scotland (I live 8 miles from the centre of London), she has 7 of then purely for pets they all live and sleep in the house not in cages which you see some breeders keep their dogs in, Rosie's sister has just had 11 puppies they are all going to people who already have one of her dogs I would love to have another one but due unforeseen problems that is not possible. :D

I hope you get your beautiful white horse.

Eleven puppies, that must be some handful, the most tanya ever had was 5 (and they were enough!). They are very human like, Tanya would even make a noise that sounded like a long HHHHEEEELLLLLOOOOO when you came back from being out.

Just got to get a vet to check the horse out and hopefuly he'll be ours!

Mike

Did someone say they're buying a horse??? I love horses and riding and I own 4 of 'em. That's my main hobby at the moment. I love training youngsters and we currently have an 18month old foal who I'm rearing at the present time ready for being backed. Still not sure if my new leg's up to the job tho' :blink: :( :rolleyes: I've also got a humungous Thorobred mare who's a real saint and very forgiving of my rubbish leg-wouldn't swap her for all the tea in china. She has lots of vavavoom and we plan on doing some showjumping this year :D

I also spend a lot of time studying everything to do with construction and property as I want to become a Chartered Builder in the end.

Yep cazzy i'm afraid I am. A percheron of all things, he's a big lad! Needs to be as I am too! I just started riding again last year so he's ideal as he's nice and quiet and well behaved. Hopefully he'll pass his vetting tomorrow! Will stick a photo on later.

Mike

well i suppose, i ejoy driving around (in my new car)

drinking with my mates

eating chocolate

eating take aways

and just chillin

i love going to the cinema but havent been 4 ages cos i just aint had the money (no not even for a £3 ticket on a tuesdya and wednesday night) actually i think its more not the time.

I love doing first aid duty, any where any time of day. My fave one is the millennium stadium, WALES BEAT ENGLAND (Yipee):D!!!!!

Followed closely by the Calenig, in the city centre every new year and August Bank holiday.

The most boring duty has to be the cricket its SOOOOOOOO boring!!! But then again, with me there nothing ever boring as I am just a pure source for entertainment, I dont even have to do any thing and people laugh at me. ( I think i should be blonde)

Apart from St John I LOVE spending time with my family. I have the coolest cousins ever and my aunty and uncle are wicked, OF course Mum and Dad rock, and Claire (my sister) is just amazing.

I suppose my Fave thing ever and the thing that helps me along the way is my family and friends:D:D:D

Love

Andy

O yeah however much I love to drink alcohol, eat chocolate and take away I cant atm cos Ive given them up for lent along with Chips and Crisps

Well I love a good wine mainly Red, with some great cheese

Sailing when the weather is good

Going out for dinner with friends

Reading-just finished all the Dan Brown books-they were great but got hardly any sleep, so addictive

Catching the occasional episode of footballers wives-trashy but fun

Swimming

Gardening

And working on my new project for a info site for amputees here.

Oh and a prawn on the BBQ :D

I love vegemite too :D

Oh and a prawn on the BBQ :D

I love vegemite too :D

So it's true Aussie's do throw Shrimp on the barbie, i always thought that was a common myth.

We have something very simular to vegimite here, it's called marmite and you either love it or hate it. Me i love it!!!!!

Mel, is it true that you get coin-operated barbies in Aussie parks? Or am I just very gulible... You can get vegemite here too Si, it's better than marmite!

Mike

*I was born and raised in California

*5th of 7 children (6 girls)

*I am Scottish-German-Cherokee

*I love to travel. Spent 5 months in Queesnland, AU in 2001. I still have my unopened jar of KRAFT Vegemite, along with my boomerang and other stuff from down under. It was a great place with wonderful people. I hope to go back some day.

*My Favorite color is deep purple

*My greatest fear is drowning

*I love old R&B music (nondigitzed)

*I still own the last turntable I bought in 1985 and it still works. I also have my collection of record album (LPs) from the 60's, 70's and 80's. I will never sell them on Ebay or anyplace else. They will be handed down to my children and they can sell them when I'm gone.

*My favorite pet is (was) my grey, short-haired, domestic mixed breed, female kitty cat "Dusty". I got her from the SPCA when she was just a kitten and I was 7 months pregnant with my first daughter. She stayed with us through numerous moves until we lost her in the summer of 2003. She was 19 years old and a beautiful and loving creature.

*I love to go camping in my tent in the woods. I love the mountains. But, the ocean and the beach are nice too.

Mel, is it true that you get coin-operated barbies in Aussie parks? Or am I just very gulible

Some of them are coin operated. A lot of the one's that I saw on the Central Coast (North of Sydney) were free.

I like Marmite and Vegemite but of the 2 I think Vegemite has the smoother taste ... Yum.

Some bbq's are coin operated, others are free, depends where you go.

I think you're all mad....vegemite is horrible :blink:

I also have my turntable Pam :D , I won't give it up....ever!! and still have all my old vinyl records.

You know a boomerang that won't come back is called?.....a stick

Cat