Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

Tell us something about YOU that has nothing to do

I think the idea is not to post stuff when you are up early and still on your first coffee.......I typed Pam instead of Linda.

I love my old turntable Linda, I bought it in 1979

Cat

hmmm..

I'm involved with Tobbacco Control; I'm a member of Health Canada's YAC( youth action comittee) and a member of the ministers advisory council.

I'm on my highschool Improv team..improve should be concidered a contact sport.

Along wiht improv I'm involved with music and drama.

I'm involved with the Youth action comittee in School. We do all sorts of things,but I really enjoy teaming up with Unicef and Oxfam for events.

I'm obsessed with land Hermit crabs. As of today I'm the proud mother of ten hermit crabs. 6 carribean 2 rugs, and 2 ecuadorians. They make great pets and as much as I love Izzy the family cat..the hermits don't cause my allergies to act up.

I should warn you all now..at every oppertunity I mention my babies. You'll be sick of them by the end of the year.

Coins in the BBQ yep about $1.00 I believe but they go for ages-crappy hotplates though and always really greasy YUK. Can't beat the home barbie.

Cat my turntable is broken which is totally devasting, all those vinyls so many tunes-I think I need a new needle as well-maybe cash converters???? Pity I can't burn them onto CD's they are so warped-AAAaaahhhh the days when I was a mobile DJ now that's spooky!

Mel, you can still get Turntables Richer Sounds in the UK are quite good but I'm sure you have something similar in Oz (Dick Smith's or Power Barn??). Much prefer CD's myself and sold all my old scratchy vinyl years ago, not that I had that many. When you do get your new turntable it might be worth backing up all your old records as they sound as though they're on their last legs :P

Hey Mel,

JB HiFi have needles. I saw them on a wall behind the counter at the one in Brighton. I guess they have them in other stores too.

Cat

Hi Tricia....i was just reading back through this. If you want to connect to Messenger just let me know and ill help set it up for you.

Cat

Ok i am a Dj in Drum n Bass Music i play on internet radio stations,clubs,events,

i produce drum n bass music as well as house music and most dance music.......i also got my own record label.......i setted up the drum n bass record label as a none profit label ie all money which is earned goes back to the artist! as i want to show these fat cat record labels how to do it ;) ;) ;) i am in a crew of djs and mcs which is called pointblank crew.............. i would love to have my own club one day if i had the money behind me!??!?! i sell bits on e-bay which is fun

i used to be a car dealer in folkestone for a few years selling imported cars with a friend,but the good old taxman stopped me making loads in year 2000 so i stopped it as we had to import cars direct to the uk and pay high tax :rolleyes: as before we would get the jap cars to netherlands and then bring them in and get them registed in the Uk with hardly any tax :D good days them but it was only for about 2 + half years before then i used to work with jewsons timber and building merchants for 6 years ( i actually started from work experience when i was at school)

i just started a get fit programme as i have got huge in size i think i am 17 stone without artificial limb "i dread to look at the scales" i got a mountain bike and used it the other day hassle free :D :D :D then the snow come :rolleyes::blink::blink:

thats it really!!!

Well that it then I'm going shopping for needles & not for the one's that knit :P

So what can I tell you that will grab al your attentions and make you go WOW!....absolutely nothing, so I'll have to stick to the boring stuff.

I love swimming and weight training. I enjoy watching all sports and I'm a massive soccer fan and my team is Burnley, which was my home town.

I live in the South West now, Somerset (Taunton), but haven't made it totally to being a surfer dude.

I'm hoping to start trying more and more sports......I tried scuba diving a couple of years ago and that was brill.

I love cokking and my firends and family tell me I'm really good, but not plucked up the guts to enter any competitions. I would love to own my own restaurant.

For work I'm a trainer in learning together with being a project manager and learning consultant. I'm especially interested in e-learning and e communication.

Not much more to say, I said I was pretty boring! but I try !

Steve

Ok, I use to scuba alot and underwater photography. My latest interest is getting my Jeep fixed to go do some off-roading. :D I'm also a do-it-yourself type. I have gotten back into plastic model building. I like to go target shooting, have a small arsenal at home. ;) Of course drinking beer and wine. :P And I love to cook. I also like to go with my wife and go antique shopping. Interesting to see all the things I threw away be worth so much money today. :blink: :P Guess thats about it. :)

I live in the South West now, Somerset (Taunton), but haven't made it totally to being a surfer dude

Well the nearest beach is nearly 14 miles away and I don't think the River Tone has very big waves so I don't blame you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mmmmmmm something about me??

I'm gay and have been with my partner for nearly 15 yrs now, and now the civil partnership bill has been passed we will be getting legally married at the end of the year.

M xx

WOOHHO!!!!! :D

Congrats :D

This is such a good topic. Sometimes people try and define you by your disability like saying "Leanne, you know her, the one with the artifical leg....." but there is more to me than that......just having trouble thinking of what exciting things to put.........

* I used to swim for my county (local area) as a child. Havent swam in years now due to the fact that I feel too self concious but I would love to get back into it.

* I love ALL kinds of music, and dancing

* My fav place to go on holiday is the USA - feel like I am home when I am there, and never want to leave! Maybe I should go travelling round the states....humm somthing to think of....

*When I was 8 yrs old my little brother threw me down the stairs and broke my arm in 2 places. I was in plaster for almost 3 months and had to have a few operations to put it right - what a lovely brother he is!

Thats all folks :)

Gosh this is really hard for me because I never really think of my disability.

1. I have 6 brothers 4 older 2 younger

2. I have 3 older sisters one was killed 4 1/2 years ago in a car accident.

3. I got married the first time when I was 21 after knowing and dating my ex for 1 year bad mistake.

4 My oldest daughter was born by c-section when I was 22 1/2 years old

5 My youngest daughter was born by c-section when I was 26 and she was born 2 weeks early at that.

6 I had two miscarriages between the two kids

7 I had total knee reconstruction surgery of my amp side 3 weeks 1 week before I concieved my youngest.

8 I am a certified scuba diver open water only.

9 I'm closterphobic (sp)

10. I love to dance

11. I hated myself growning up because I was different but Now I have a this is who I am and what you get attitude and if you don't like it that's your problem not mine.'

12 I love to show and tell my legs to kids.

13. I want to write a book one day about living with a disability and trying to fit in with non disabled people

14 I have a brother in the military Air Force who I am very proud of but his wife has destroyed our relationship and he doesn't speak to me anymore.

15. I love to help my friends whenever I can if I can.

That's about it.

Hello everyone

My thing is my family tree. I started it a year back and its kind of my little obsession (well probably not an obsession, more a keen interest!). I had an email from someone on my mums side taking it back it 1715 so not doing too bad.

Just read my post and thought how boring I sound so I will make more of an effort!

I enjoy going out with my friends (even though I am a little less stable after a few halves than the others!)

I like watching films at home with a bottle of wine (i am not an alcoholic I share the wine!)

Going to the gym

Going shopping who doesnt!

Reading (i go through fits with this)

Going on holiday-dont get enough.

Keeping track of my friends from uni and planning our 'reunions'

I had an email from someone on my mums side taking it back it 1715 so not doing too bad.

Not boring at all Becky,

I just thought it was amazing that a 290 yr old person could be computer literate :P

I love animals.... My boyfriend gets nervous when I go to a pet store..... I'll bring anything home

I have 2 Bearded Dragons (Lizards) Named Sam N Ella (pun intended)

Vieled Cameleon named Budwiser ...

2 Cats Whitney and Emily. I am in the process of trying to adopt a Parrot named Quinn.

I would have a house full if the b/f would allow.

I obessesivly collect books.... mostly history books...true facts/crime....I love old books.... yards sales are the best spot. This also drives the boyfriend crazy...lol I LOVE TO ENTERTAIN..... Having friends over for dinner....play a game... have a bbq .... I like to experiment and creat new drinks... or find something my friends haven't had yet.... thus giving me a reason to have a party.... Boyfriend doesn't mind this...lol :P

But my all time fav thing would be my nephew... I don't have kids yet.... so I spoil him like he was my own.... Well I am the fav aunt...so I would SPOIL him anyway.

He is such a little stud.... he's not quite 2.... clever little bugger....he's such a flirt with the girls when we go out...it's sooooo cute.

I'm going around the world.

I cant wait :D :D

Booked it 2 day :D

And do you make the walrus noise too? Where's the camcorder?

No walrus noises. . .sorry. . .

I just sing really loud and off-key :)

I'll top you. I sing loud, off key rap music. Or is that redundant? OK I really sing Barry Manilow! Oh Mandy you came and you gave.....

I enjoy growing vegetables in containers, travelling (when money permits), films, and food... :D