Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

Tell us something about YOU that has nothing to do

I'm so busy with my six different obligations, one of which deals with my amputation, that I don't have a lot of time for anything else. I love to play bridge, but don't know any couples now that play. My wife and I have played for about 20 years. I play online some, but it's not like sitting at a table where you can read the eyes and see expression.

My six obligations are:

I work three jobs: I've had a commercial paper route for 33 years; I've cut hair for 26 years; Have just gotten into real estate sales. Hopefully I can get it down to only real estate in the next year. I'm changing careers due to leg.

I am president of our homeowner's association in our neighborhood.

I am very active in our local support group. Attend meetings and also do peer visiting.

And last, but not least, I am a husband and homeowner. That can be quite a job at times.

And last, but not least, I am a husband and homeowner. That can be quite a job at times.

Doesn't that quote from Neal just about say it all?

My wife is on the board of the local Genealogy Society, treasurer of the local Cherokee Indian group in our area, which gives you a small idea of all of the "Honey -do's" (i.e. building easels, podiums, setting up and tearing down for meetings and general "go-fer")

Other than that I have been taking a 1920 farm house and completely remodleing it by myself. So far I've added a 240 square foot guest house, and doubled the original side of the main house, plus garage, shop, storage buildings and a carport for my "play"car (a 1985 Olds, that we have had since new). I've designed and built three completely tiled bathrooms, (one in the guest house), and two in the main house, (one having a handicapped tiled shower for me.)

Oh, and I like to watch all three of the CSI shows during the week in the evening, along with a few others. Finally, I am building a new web site and am trying to get started writing a book.

Doesn't that quote from Neal just about say it all?

My wife is on the board of the local Genealogy Society, treasurer of the local Cherokee Indian group in our area, which gives you a small idea of all of the "Honey -do's" (i.e. building easels, podiums, setting up and tearing down for meetings and general "go-fer")

Other than that I have been taking a 1920 farm house and completely remodleing it by myself. So far I've added a 240 square foot guest house, and doubled the original side of the main house, plus garage, shop, storage buildings and a carport for my "play"car (a 1985 Olds, that we have had since new). I've designed and built three completely tiled bathrooms, (one in the guest house), and two in the main house, (one having a handicapped tiled shower for me.)

Oh, and I like to watch all three of the CSI shows during the week in the evening, along with a few others. Finally, I am building a new web site and am trying to get started writing a book.

That's all well and good Jim, but what do you do in your spare time :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's all well and good Jim, but what do you do in your spare time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spare time, what's that? Seriously though, my wife and I have 4 children, (with spouses), 10 grandchildren, (3 with spouses, 3 in college), and six great-grandchildren.

Life is full

Hi All,

I like Jenny love horses, but probably won't be replacing my Buzz until the spring at the earliest. I have taken up the art of jewelry making. More specifically I make Boho Bracelets and force them on all my friends and families. :D I love Halloween and have a pig roast the saturday before each year, (your all invited next year so plan ahead ;) ) I am a 911 dispatcher and miss work, I hope to return soon. I get my first leg tomorrw, and am a bit apprehensive but I think thats what Appletinis are for, right?

Yes indeed they are, Diane! Good luck tomorrow. Getting your first leg is so exciting.