Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

WHAT DO YOU DRIVE?

Byteme12,

Sorry I'm so late in getting back to you.

The fella that modified my car inserted a servo so that when my car is started (and the modification toggle is in the 'on' postition. It can be driven without the modification if need be.) the brake pedal goes to the floor. He had to install a small button on the side of the gear shift and when ever I need to change gears I press the button then change gears like a regular car. Once I'm in gear I stop pressing on the button. If I'm stopped I stay in first gear without the button pressed in. When it's time to go I simply press on the gas and get going.

I have had some problems with it in that it needs to be tuned now and then. I have it tuned so that it needs more gas to get going. Before I tuned it down it acted like I let out the clutch too quick and it died. It's simple enough to tune. Its just turning a dial. He told me how to tune it over the phone because he lives halfway across the country (here in Ireland). He did say that the cable that is connected to the gas pedal needs to be watched because if it gets fraid it can break and the modification won't work, and the cable will need to be replaced or drive it like a regular car.

If you like I can ask me the name and manufactour of the modification. maybe you can get a leaflet about it.

Hope some of this answered any questions,

Steve

Ann

Sorry did not understand. I have spoken to the guy I am buying mine off and yes the switch can be moved.

The actual brake comes on when the car is put into neutral, the car I drove was an auto and it came into play when I put the car in park. Also it is a card ignition not a key one and the brake is on the instant you remove the card.

However, the actual button is on the dash board and not on the stalk so I think this might be a bit better for you.

I must say that I think I will find it strange to start with but as it is automatic it will be easier, will you be getting and auto or a manual.

Rachel

Ummmm , Tint , does thatt teeeny weeeny car coming in redd and ......... does it having lotts of trunnk spacce fro my shoppiing g trippps ??????????

It does marianne, and as for the trunk space... its fine so long as you are only shopping for a new bikini :D

umm , errr , ummmm , i nevever saidded iot was clothhs i was shopping for ...hehehehee . Typpiiical MALE ,,, al;awaaay thinkking us gurllls shsoopping gorf clothhs . :P :P :P I'll havviingness you knowing , it''s HAIIIR DYE I wanttted to carryinng ............ heheheheeee

Imagine that.....the back of a car filled with dye...........it could be the most colourful accident in history. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi all i drive a bmw 323 auto with the steptronic (spelling) gearbox i dont get very far as it has a habit of stopping at evey petrol station it passes, :o

Here's mine............................ :D

major2_mail.jpg

FYI... I am a car and motorcycle nut... Here are some pics of my cars.

65 Buick Lesabre

65_bck_drv_ang1_Tdwn.jpg

95 Acura Legend Coupe

Sideshot.jpg

03 Cadillac Deville DTS

Deville.JPG

Me & My Bike (RIP) This is the bike I was riding and was hit on that left me a LAK

OnBike.jpg

I drive a GMC Savana Van on a daily basis. When the wife allows, I get to drive the Cadillac STS. I love the power of the Northstar engine. My future car will be the Chrysler 300 SRT8. An awesome car with awesome looks and power.

Neal wrote - "...My future car will be the Chrysler 300 SRT8. An awesome car with awesome looks and power. "

Those Chrysler 300 SRT8 are sick!!! There is a huge difference in the stance and presence that the SRT8 has over the regular 300C Hemi... I was on the Intersate about 3 months ago and a all black SRT8 pulled up behind me. As I look in my rear view mirror I knew instantly that it was not an average 300C.. It looked so menacing!! When I first saw the car in my rear view & as the car past, I had figured that someone had just heavily modified a regular 300C Hemi.. As the car past me, I saw the rear badge that said "SRT8". I was shocked, that such a "complete" look was from the factory..

This is what get's pogoboy around. It's not too flashy, but when I first saw it, I was a sucker waiting to be had by the car dealership. (I thought, well it should get better gas mileage being a 6-cylinder, but I was wrong with the 4 x 4 and all.)

It's been great for hauling all of my stuff like wheelchairs and a canoe. Last spring I was in the wrong place at the wrong time on three different occassions and as a result sustained major hail damage, but as you can see, the bodyshop did a great job restoring it to looking almost brand new.

post-15-1132608771.jpg

Hip Hop - LOVE your Buick. Beautiful. And sorry about your bike. Shame man.

Now for my question, and I may be completely wrong, but it seems like most Americans have vans, or 4x4's. Why is that? I would give my eye-teeth for one, but I don't think I could even afford the tyres on a vehicle like that. Here in South Africa, those trucks are the same price as a damn house! Are they cheaper in the States?

Ally <--- jealous <_<

4x4s and big trucks here are mostly owned by people who don't need them. They are jokingly known as Chelsea Tractors as many people in London use them only on roads, never go off road and use them to take their kids to school round the corner... they are ridiculed widely.

You ride horses Ally and may need something for off road, but even then, you can buy a very cheap old subaru for that.

I most definately wouldn't chose to be seen driving one....

I think they are a penis extension for men and give some (inappropriate if you look at the crash test data) feeling of safety and security for women... either way unless you need to go over very rough ground regularly, then what's the point?

BTW Hip Hop... love the Buick... it looks like it should have all that wierd hydraulics, does it?

I think they are a penis extension for men

That's why I bought a small one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally I can't stand Mercedes, Audi's and BMW's especially boring silver ones that are never visible in the misty lanes that make up much of rural Britain (the people that drive them never think to turn their headlights on when the visibilty is crap). Most of the people that drive these cars seem to be the type who hate the EU and can't understand why Germany dominates Europe (Duh! scuse me but where does you car come from, haven't you just contributed to Germany's economic success). OK rant over :)

I think I'll stick to my small penis extension and hope that the only off road I have to do will be over the carcass and mangled remains of the next prat that pulls out in front of me.

I was going to post a pic of my favorite ride......but Marcus wouldn't give me permission to post his picture! :P

Linda

Well you could always link to the "shopping walrus of lurve" picture in a previous thread :P ;)