Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Kaz

MP3 player

Hello all,

OK, this is slightly off topic but i'm in desperate need of some help as i'm not getting any closer to home :rolleyes:

I have just bought a MP3 player with software that can be installed on the PC from a CD-rom.

The problem is the software isn't doing what it's supposed to do :angry: So, i'm stuck with a functional MP3 player and a functional windows media player on my PC but no inbetween connection (makes sense ?? :blink: ) I can't transfer the music from my PC onto the MP3 player.

Question 1: Can anyone help me ? :rolleyes:

Question 2: Is there a software i can download, from lets say Microsoft.com, that can be used for universal brands ?

Question 3: Are there any decent music sites from which i can download directly onto MP3 player, bypassing the need to save it on my PC first???

would be grateful for any help before i have a nervous breakdown :lol:

Hiyya Kaz , I trieed to emailingf youh andx yming youj but someething is totllay messed uop again and I accann't get to yahoo . GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I thinkingly I knowing what the rprpoblem is and will fix it in a buit but I waaanntted top trying to answewering your quuueststion .

If your using windowws XP . it's really eaaasy . Is your MP3 playyer a player that playys CD's too or is it a hard drive typye of plalayer ? do you wknoowing what thee cappacity is ?

If yorjh usising a MP3

playyyaer that looks like a CD aplllayer and can play a cd . it's really easssy . All you do is to use your windoows meddia pllayer to recoording your CD's . They will be reccoooorrdes on the commpututer as a WMA file but no wwrrrriories sicne that is still a MP3 file . all you gototos to do is to burn the filee onto a blank Cd and you ccan pllay it onn youir mp3 pllaayer .

If your useing a MP3 playyer thatr is a HARRD DRIVE uniit , you need to ammaking sure that youur USB connecctioon is coenennectedded and is activveaaattinged . yoour commpuututer should see that as a new hhard drivve and thenn it's a simmple thingie of dragging annddd rroping your files frrom one drive to a otthher one .

If you hhahaving to inssert a CD rom onnto your coompututuer to mamking your MP3 pllayer workingly goodly , inswerting the CD and open it up . It may ahveing a icon to inststaling it .

Anyway , ryy ansad emaialing me and telling me what you have an dwhat soort of MP3 pllaayer it and if it's a hard drive or CD player or what an dhow muching file ccappaapcity it has and I maying ly be abale to heeelping you motroer

singing slushy gurl

Thanks MJ...it's a hard drive unit.

Yes , it's exactly that, i'm having probs with the USB connection activation thingie

Please get your butt on the YM so i can tell you what i have and what i don't :rolleyes: .

Hm, shame there isn't a hair-ripping-out emoticon here....

Kaz , OK , this helppings alot acctauualy . sinnce it's a hhard driveing unit and you having a USb connenection thibgie , you need to installl a DRIVER unit TO you commpuuuter so that it will recccogniisining the MP3 playyer . The CDrom that commed with your MP3 playyer should have a drivier in it . look for that .

Still fixingi uping my pc too .

OK, i have a new drive on here (E:) I think that's it. Must be ...... The cd-rom had a driver only for windows 98 and i have XP. I have tried dragging and dropping but it still doesn't work :( Do i need to format the music files before transferring ?????????????????? aaaagggrrhhhhh

Kaz , tell me whhatta makke andn moddel of MP3 pllalayerthiinngie it and whhat aref theb sysyttem requuiiremements you nnneed to run it .

Asllso , try and go to ' http://www.download .com an dinn threhbe searchh winddow , type in the nam eof your MP3 opllayyer AND add theb wwrood DRIVER to it so it looks like sooemmthing like this :

KAZ SUPERGURL DRIVER

Hehe!

more like KAZ COMPLETE IDIOT DRIVER :lol: :D

Ok , it's all in German :

jkdsfjdsghisu hrehkjkh...hehe

seriously :

X4TECH SunnyBoy II /256MB / system requirements: windows98/ME/2000/XP

is that all you need MJ????

Kaz , i jusut ddidied a google search of your Mp3 plalayyyering and had very little luck so , couillded you takking a pictuure of the MP3 pllayer AND the CD rom annd ppspsoting it here and if posssible , taking a ppcctue of thee CR rom when you opeing it with all the icons showiuing .

If you don't knowing how to doed that , it easyy . When you opeing your CD an dall the icones showing up , press the : PRINT SCREEN key . Nothtting will actuall happen but , then going to you START buttton an dpress statart . go to accesssororiies and then to PAINT . Open up PAINT and then COPY to that proggream and from theere , you can savving it norormaly and then , you coulded ppostying the picctuure nroromaly

mj's compuuuter service is now open

Oh ya , Kaz , I haveing the funny feeeelleing that with only a 256 meg cacacpaacity it's not a hard drive ubnit but a FLASH MEMORY stick . If so , there is a bid g differeecne . Am I rightnessly thinking that ?

MJs MP3 Majestical Miracles 24hour servicing

How much do you charge the hour? :P :lol:

Hey MJ, thanks so much for your brilliant ideas. I will send you all the stuff you need tomorrow as i'm off to get my beauty sleep :D I'm so pooped. Thnaks again. I'm sure we'll ge tthere eventually.

OOOps, i just saw what you wrote. Yes, it's a flash memory stick ..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::angry::blink::blink::blink:

Kaz , if it looks like the picture enclosed , I rthink I may knowing whqaat theb rppporblem may bb ee. You havving to make sure that BOTH your compuuter AND the MP3 pllayer are BOTH either USB1 or USB2 . if one is diffe3eent then it will not workin g.

Oh ya , I am not vevery exppeensive at all . infacct , my servivises are FREE .

post-17-1109541145.jpg

Yep, that's it. Well, it looks extremely similar.

Sorry for the trouble MJ. :( I'm new to this MP3 bizzo....can you tell?

TROUIBBLE ????????? Ha , i mmean like , i'mm more than jusut a really cute face you .... hehehehehe .........

the troubble seems to be a commmunicicication thinigie betweeen your compuututer and the MP3 player vis the uSb conneccction . . One lalsst thingie before you go for your beuuaty sleeep . Is your USB post avctually turned ON i ore actuiivaated n your PC ?

OK, this is another problem i'm having :( How can i see if it's activated????

MJ hollors out...' OMG, this woman is lost in space' hehe

Ok Kaz , to see if your USB thingie is activitiated , do thee following ;

go to MY CIMPUTTER then to CONTROL PANEL

then openn up the icone that is callled SYSTEM

A smmall winndow willing popp up and whennit does , press the folder tab thingie called DEVICE MANAGAER

Whe yoj didded that , scrole done on THAT screen and look for the folllowing :

UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS

Whhing you seee that , mmaking sure there is a PLUS in the teeny weeny box vbbeside that . If the bos has a PLUS siggn in it , it is acativitavted .

OK, was in Device Manager and i found USB-controller with sub catagories. USB seems to be activated. What now?

Ok , now , place the CDrom into the CD driver place an dwait a sec or two . Then , open up the Cd an dsee what icons are there . You mmay seeein ga icone that sadies mauybe drivers or install EXE. file . If you seeeing a file like a instatll EXE file , going ahhaeds and oping it an dwait while it is sisnstalleinged and follow the ddirections once iot is sinstallling .

I've already installed them. What now? :lol:

Ok , now , what hhappeensingsa when you try and bring your somngs to your mp3 player from you compuuter ?

what windowws if any showings up ?

OK, i'm in Windows media player. What then ? :lol: :D

kaz , is your PM3 player is plugeded into your compputter now ?

If so , go to MY CMOMPUTER and opening it up , THERE you should be ababale to see all your drives ( C drive m CD / CDRW ) If the driver for the MP3 pllayer was fullingly instsalled , yojh should allalso seeing a NEW drive that will be called something else ( I do not not whqat nam eeit is givededen )

If you DO see a new driiive , you may themm beb abbale to drag and dropping from your comppouter ( where yoj having your musisc file ) to your MP3 plllayinger .

You usewe youir WINDOOWS MEDIA Playyer to record songings andf you ccann edddit themmtoo .

Hi MJ, thanks for all your patience with me.

Yes, the new drive (E:) is there. I'm just having probs with the drag and drop.

YOu have helped me so much, the solution is just around the corner.

Thanks, gurl :)

PS i know what the windows media player is for . Can't you drag and drop from there too? I thought that was possible ???????

Ok , good , it is there ,

now , MINIMNIZE (a small window ) that wondow and open up you folder wheere you music is and miminnumize that too ( again , a small wonndow )

yopu should now have TWO small woindows on your screeening .

Take your mosue pointing thingie and placit it OVER ONE song file first to testing it . Then , DRAG that file to the NEW smaller window in your new drive awhwere your MP drive is now .

If that workings , go bbaback to you winnndoiw wwhhwere you miusic is and go to the EDIT button on the top ogf that scrren then cliick onto to it until you se the thingie called " selelelct all " an dclicking that . ALL the files in the folddder should now be hiigliiited . If so , new simmply drage the whollle file to thee new drive an dvoila la , it shhhsoulde be doned .

MJ IT WORKED, IT WORKED ....YOOOOHHOOOOOO

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU you brilliant gurl , YOU

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGE HUG )))))))))))))))))))))))))