Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Jules

Flip Flops

When I finally ran into him on the weekend he was wearing a pair of boots with a 1 inch heel

Bit of a drastic way to make him comply with his prosthetists instructions ... or was business a bit slack and you were after his other leg?? :wacko: :P :lol: :lol:

I won't talk about the fairer sex. . .

I wouldn't either ... they might hear us and start sticking needles in those dolls they have :blink::unsure: :lol:

Bloody heel eh I mean hell, what a load of cobblers, making shoes, making legs

I've told my prothstetist I'm Micheal Schumaker your the mechanic! :blink:

Jimmy Choo!

Muz and Marcus,

You two are the life and sole of the party!! :lol: :P

(Hey, I should score double for that, as that's a fishy reference as well as a shoey one!)

If you'd spelt shoey with an i at the end you could have won the motorbike score as well (Shoei Helmets) :lol: :lol:

Not puns again. . .I thought we all had enough of those to tied us over for a while :P

Marcus, you only say that 'cos you're tongue tied!!!! :lol: ;)

Oh these puns are all horrible......shoo I say.......shoo!!!

<_< :blink: <_< <_<

Not puns again. . .

Would that be the ones with jam and cream in??? obviously no scone left unturned in the quest for bad humour :P :P :lol: :lol:

Muz now your going to have to explain scones to the Americans :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh well here goes <sigh>

Scone - Pronounced "skon" or "skoan" . Believed to have originated in Scotland and is closely related to the griddle baked flatbread, known as bannock. First made with oats, shaped into a round, scored into triangles, and cooked on a griddle either over an open fire or on top of the stove. The scone's origins are unclear, some saying the name comes from where the Kings of Scotland were crowned, the Stone (Scone) of Destiny. Others believe the name is derived from the Dutch word "schoonbrot" or "sconbrot" meaning 'white bread' or 'beautiful bread'. This small cake, similar to a biscuit, has a crisp golden crust with a soft white interior.....

Taken from http://www.joyofbaking.com/other/glossaryQ-Z.html

I was thinking of Muffin the Mule ... but not sure if thats legal :P

Muz

When do you sleep? 2.09am, at that time of night, i need all the beauty sleep i can get !!!!!

Michelle

Muffin the Mule

He was at sea a long while folks! :D LOL

When do you sleep? 2.09am, at that time of night, i need all the beauty sleep i can get !!!!!

I work shifts :) I've also gone past the stage where beauty sleep would work ... even if I slipped into a coma :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Muz, I've never heard of 'Muffin the Mule', but then I've never been at sea either!!! :P :lol: ;)

We have here what's called an English Muffin, perhaps originated in England..... dunno?? :huh: It's round, not to thick, with lots of little holes in it, that most people cook (brown up) in the toaster. We can then put either butter, jelly, jam, or whatever one likes on it. They come in white, wheat, cinnamin & raisin, blueberry and I'm not sure, but probably other flavors as well. I'll have one, once in awhile for breakfast, with lots of strawberry jam on top, it's sooooooooo good, maybe I'll go make one now, the heck with waiting for breakfast. :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Kindness goes a long ways, so let there be enough for everyone.

Oh no!!! I think Sheila has discovered CRUMPET :P Try explaining that one Muz, :lol:

Sounds like crumpet to me :lol: :lol:

I did think of crumpet ... I'm a man what do you expect phwoarr :lol: , but then there was mention of different flavours which didn't sound like plain ordinary crumpet to me. Probably tastes a lot better than mule anyway ;) :P

Anyway - Crumpets are made from batter. The batter is poured into a metal ring in a frying pan (hope I remember this right) and makes a "cake" about 1 inch (25cm) deep that ends up pock marked like a lunar landscape. Most people buy them ready made and they're toasted and spread with butter which runs through the holes and gets everywhere.

Hark at Deliah Smith! How about celebrity amputee cook, a type of Hells Kitchen for amps!! Heather could present it!? I'm off to write to channel four

PJ :D

To add to the confusion :o , when I lived in California 11 years ago (is it really that long?), you could buy "Australian toaster biscuits". :blink:

"Australian toaster biscuits" were like soft, oversize scones, but you toasted them like an English muffin - the difference was that the "toaster biscuits" were made with baking powder (sodium bicarbonate), and English muffins are made with yeast, so they're more like bread. You have to split the English muffins or the "toaster biscuits" like a bread roll before you toast them. I think that's the kind of English muffin Sheila was talking about, since they do come in different flavours. They have a soft bread-like crust top and bottom, and are round like a crumpet.

American muffins don't have anything in common with English muffins - they are oversize "patty cakes" (little cakes cooked in paper shells, made with baking powder not yeast). Patty cakes are called cup cakes in the US. American muffins are meant to be healthier than patty cakes, but they have about the same amount of fat and sugar, maybe some extra bran or something?

Which brings us to crumpets, which are yeast raised but cooked in a frying pan or on a griddle like pancakes. You don't split crumpets, unless like my eldest son you really hate the crusty bit on the bottom (what a waste!). You toast them, slather them with butter and honey and enjoy. Yum. It used to be hard to find crumpets in the California, and they weren't as good.

Of course you can't get Australian toaster biscuits in Australia, and anyway, "biscuit" means "cookie" in Australia but "scone" in North America.

Maybe you can't get English muffins in the UK, or perhaps you call them something else?

Um, what were we talking about? :unsure::blink:

-K

I like the sandals, Marcus. I haven't worn open toe shoes yet because my cover is not great and my toes look like baby doll toes :o

The new pros is going to make me a custom cover when we get this socket down pat. I'm all over that!

Hi Jules, I'm with you, I miss wearing my little flip-flops. I used to live in the things during the summer. B) I have done the velcro, with a pair of white dressy flat shoes, that I wore to my son graduation. I had to come up with some idea and that's what came to mind, super glue did, but I didn't want to be wearing that shoe forever!!! :P :lol: The top of the shoe was kinda low cut, just barely covering my toes, so my foot keep slipping out of them. Anyways, I took some velcro, stuck it to the inside of the shoe, one at the heel and one lower, then put the other piece of velcro on top of that, so when I put my foot in very carefully, it stuck, had no probs and wore it all day. Thank goodness, cos sneakers really didn't go with my outfit!!! :blink: I can't wear the kind with the toe separation, that is, unless I have my foot fixed so that I can, but just never bothered with having it done. I do think I'll get a pair (probably today) and go with the velcro system, where it worked best for me and hey, if it comes off, no problem, just stop and put it back on, :blink: I would carry some x-tra velcro strips with you, just in case you needed more. I did, just b/c it made me feel a little more secure having it with me. Good Luck with whatever idea you try, but don't give up, cos something work out, k? :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Kindness goes a long ways, so let there be enough for everyone.

:D HI JULES..

NY NAME IS NIKI AND I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA...

I USE VELCRO FOR MY THONGS (FLIP FLOPS)

i GET A HEAVY DUTY VELCRO ON A ROLL WITH A STICKY BACKING (THROUGH MY FATHERS BUSINESS) AND I JUST CUT IT TO SIZE, PLACING IT ON MY PROSTHETIC HEEL AND ON THE HEEL REGION OF MY SHOE... :D

IT WORKS GREAT FOR ME, BUT... WHEN I WEAR MY SILICON COSMETIC COVER I CANT GET THE VELCRO TO STICK TO THE SILICON!! :o

OH WELL... YOU GET THAT... :unsure:

LUV NIKI... :blink: