Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Lefty

Unexpected Limb Movement?

Does anyone have unexpected twitching or movement from there residual limb?

(My wife is mad at me, I’ll tell the story later.)

Hi! Nice to see you back here again.

What did you do? Knock something over ?? ooops!

My residual would twitch A LOT till i had a revision 12 years ago to shorten the bone. They saw at the same time how much the nerves had grown, entangled around the bone (surgeon even took a photo of this during OP :angry: ) So, i think it's nerve related, obviously. Unless it causes you pain, i wouldn't worry about it. Just don't go whacking people around the head ... ooops B)

As some of you know, I am an upper extremity amputee. Sometimes when I’m just on the verge of going to sleep my arm will unexpectedly jump or twitch. Well, last night my wife and I were lying in bed facing each other as I was just about asleep when it happened. My arm for some reason jumped and I hit her perfectly in the eye. I know she has a black eye this morning. I felt so bad that I done that to her.

After her pain subsided she thought it was hilarious. It’s a good thing that I wasn’t wearing my hook.

I'm sorry baby!!!

HI Lefty

I am a RBKA but sometimed my leg will jump and it scares me to death lol, but it sometimes twitches, is that normal?

Lesley

Hey Lefty try an ice pack in the shape of a bunch of roses. :D ..Should get you out of trouble lol.

After my last surgery my stump twitched a lot. Drove me mad for a bit but it settled down as hasn't happened for a while now.

I have the same thing.

My residual limb tends to twitch a bit at night after I have removed my leg.

It is kind of a jolty, involuntary movement but does't tend to last more than a few seconds.