Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
jberna

some glitch in MY computer?

I was quickly cruising thru the new posts today and became confused...when I click on certain postings I get sent immediately to the heather mills site home page....it was several postings this happened with, but not all...any suggestions?...I'd hate to miss out on a good posting because I couldnt get to it...now watch, the answers to THIS posting I wont get to see because when I try to click on it, it will send me back to the home page!....help! :ph34r:

judy

utah

lbk

Hiyya judy gurl . Are you ususing wondozs XP at all? If you ar e, you mmay having some sort of thingiem that is messeding up your browzer thingie and if thats the caseness , it is oftten the statingness of morer worser problmes abbaout to comeing .

If you hhaving your windozs XP cd , do this ness :

put cd innto coompuuter and go to STARRT and pressing the RUN thingie

an wiondow will shouiwing up and in there ty[ping in ; sfc /scannow and hit OK , this willing scannoing your bbrowzeer and comuupter an dresseting to the correct thingie it shoulde b ebruningness al the time . Make sure that you have the SPACEE inbetwenenn the sfc and the forwward slash thingie . allso , making sure your aniti viirsus is upto date and all updates are working ok .

You copuildd also going to : http://www.microsoft.com and then go to dowmloads . Whening you are thherere , finnnding the one caled Explorer 6.0 service pack 1 an ddoowloading it . thast mmay alos hhelpingness to fiixing your pprobllem too .

Hoping this hhelpedd you .

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around much but have had a few issues to deal with that I won't bore you with.

Regarding cpmputer stuff. I've had a problem with mine for some time as a couple of you would know. I was unable to use MSN or Yahoo Messenger and was unable to download things. Suggested fixes were impossible due to the download problem. It appeared to not be a virus because my virus checker came up with zero.

Well.............

A firend put me on to this thing called housecall (see below for link)

It scans your computer for virii ( is that the plural?), and also can scan for spy ware and possible areas of your puter that may be susceptible to attack. Best thing is....it's free and extrememly thorough.

Norton's told me no viruses.

Housecall showed me TWENTY FOUR

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around much but have had a few issues to deal with that I won't bore you with. Be assured that even if I'm not saying much I always read everything you lot put in here.

Regarding cpmputer stuff. I've had a problem with mine for some time as a couple of you would know. I was unable to use MSN or Yahoo Messenger and was unable to download things. Suggested fixes were impossible due to the download problem. It appeared to not be a virus because my virus checker came up with zero.

Well.............

A friend put me on to this thing called housecall (see below for link)

It scans your computer for virii ( is that the plural?), and also can scan for spy ware and possible areas of your puter that may be susceptible to attack. Best thing is....it's free and extrememly thorough.

Norton's told me no viruses.

Housecall showed me TWENTY FOUR trojan viruses, cleaned my machine, and away I went totally happy with a puter I can use again.

It takes a little while to scan, depending on the size of your hard drive and how many programs and files you have. But totally worth every second. It found a virus on a friends computer that is only 2 months old.

MUZ!! No jokes about the size of your hard drive!!!!!!!

Anyways....here's the link below.....I totally recommend it.

Cat

http://housecall.trendmicro.com./

At least I got one thing to be pleased about lol

Cat, Would I make jokes about the size of a persons "Hard Disk" (SP?) :D Personally I rely on more than one - ranging in size from 20 to 300Gb :P

On a more serious note, it's quite usefull to scan for spy-ware. I haven't tried the tool that Cat suggests but there are several others that do similar jobs. It can sometimes be worth using a couple of them as they often pick up different bits of chaff that float around the internet. You could try Spybot and or Adaware. I've just noticed that there's a couple of new worms that are spread by instant messaging.

Hey! Thanks for the suggestions...yes, I was infected (dont judge me please...I mean my computer is infected! :blink: ) I sent it out to my computer dude, Charlie, and he cleaned it up for me...back online now! Made me realize how much I need my computer on a daily basis!

Judy

Utah

LBK