Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
paul

just been swimming! Great.

Just had to let someone know! I've just been to a swimathon to raise money for our local Stroke club. I was really chuffed, i do swim twice a week but at a private pool, i've never seem to have the courage to do it at public baths. It was a really busy and our team swam 100 lengths in 50 minutes. :D :D :D

Paul

LAK

Cheshire

Hi Paul,

What a great achievement! :D

I too have yet to try swimming, but am looking forward to it. I've even dreamt of it! :blink::blink:

Excellent, Paul. I have to ask a dumb question-- what is "chuffed"? PamR used it in one of her posts and I assumed it means proud.

Hi Paul,

Josh (my 10 year old son ) read your post and was very impressed with the number of laps your team swam he would like to know how many people were in your team.

Debbie ( Josh's Mum )

Hi Paul

You must have really enjoyed yourself!

I really enjoy swimming - it's the great sense of freedom you get from the water. I swim quite fast (with just my arms) & I can keep up with most good able-bodied swimmers. It's good fun, if they haven't met you before, as they have to prove that they're better than I am. As I get faster & faster, so do they...but, some can't quite manage it!!

Do you think you'll be going again soon?

Lizzie

Hi Paul, What fantatic news-Congratulations :D :D

I never swam much before I went to rehab and I love it now, don't even feel like my leg is missing except when I'm trying to do laps and not getting very far

Well done on a great effort

Paul, well done, isn't it great when you achieve something. I can't wait until I can go swimming again. I started going to the hydro pool in Northwich, but it has been closed since Christmas because of maintenance work, it is due to reopen on 21st March.

Which pool did you go to? There isn't one in Middlewich, is there?

Marie, it's strange that Paul should use the same word as I did, and exactly in the same context too, it does mean proud to have achieved something. It must be a Cheshire thing, because we have found out that Paul and I only live five minutes from each other. What a small world :lol:

Hi all,

Swimming is one of my best achievements and I love it, it does give you so much freedom.

I'm upto a mile a visit now and I get better all the time. I find work gets in the way as I have to keep going back and doing more of it.

Well done to everyone and keep those lengths up.

Steve

Hi Josh

Thanks for your reply. There were 5 people in the swimming team, saying that one of them was my wife who will admit that she is not a good swimmer! some of the other members of the team were quite good. We had a really good day!

Bye for now :D

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for responding to Josh's question,at present Josh is crashed out in front of the TV,friday afternoon and its been a big week,I will tell him later.

Tomorrow Josh we be swimming at a regional meet against other kids with disabilities. He will be competiting in the 50 metre Freestyle,Breaststroke and Backstroke, and 25 metre Butterfly ( his Butterfly is a bit dodge ).

I will let you know how he goes and his times if your interested.

See ya

Debbie