Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
mulerider

99.9% is attitude and humor

I was on my second leg in three years (this was a long time ago) I was in my twenties and dating a guy who was quite an athlete. He taught me to down hill ski from the top of white face mountain-He figured we should start at the top, and by the way to the bottom I would learn to ski. He also taught me to water ski on one leg. I was certainly a fool for this guy because I would try anything!

Well, the next thing was cross county country ski-ing. This took a real toll on my prosthesis. When I got back from a 1 mile trek, my foot would spin on my ankle. then I took a few steps and my leg busted right off. I told him that I needed to get around, at least to the prosthetic office for a new leg, so he taped it back together with duck tape.

This relationship lasted for just a few more months...he was too expensive.

Hm, yes duck tape does come in handy sometimes :lol: Besides being expensive, did your boyfriend talk a lot too ??? hehe

Strange, the same thing happened to me with my new swim foot, walking along the beach. Heard a click , foot off :angry: . A screw had been forgotten :huh: So tried to keep the foot attached to shaft by using beer bottle tops that were laying around which i bent and stuck in to the holes where the screw should have been :rolleyes: Very temporary hold, mind ! ha! Tried super glue. Didn't work either .....

101 things you can do with beer bottle tops and chicken wire :lol: :D

Duck tape?.....thats quacked :D

Gee you must drink a lot of beer Kaz :huh: ....and which part of the chicken does the wire come from? :rolleyes:

Have I just stumbled onto some animal bondage section or something??? Duck tape, chicken wire, whatever next? Donkey jackets maybe?

Bulldog clips???? Ouch, that'l make your eyes water :blink:

We don't want an enraged Australian remedial masseur on our backs, do we now? :lol: :P

Hint: she can quack the alphabet backwards ....hehe, aren't we having fun. :D

Where else is a masseur gonna be apart from on your back mostly? :blink:

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I guess it is spelled duct tape.

Duct tape and chicken wire works well for most female domestic repairs. It adds a womens touch.