Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Lefty

Updated Pic.

Hi Lefty,

I remember you from before. :D

Great pics! Thanks for sharing them with us. Where were they taken anyway? The second photo looks really green and peaceful!

You know, I may just be really tired today, but it took me two looks that were about 10 minutes apart to notice your amputation! :rolleyes:

D'Oh! :blink: :lol:

Hi Lefty

Great pics and thanks for sharing them, the first one was taken in a cave right? Well it looks super and cant even tell you have a prosthesis

Lesley

I'll be honest, I didnt notice your arm either! :)

Great pics though, would love to be pottering around wherever you are in the 2nd pic, not to sure about the cave though!

I didnt notice either, looking at the great backdrop!

This is pics while I was Geocaching last year. Very good way to relax and release some stress. :)

... until you get into that tree cover and lose the satellite signal :D

LOL Very True!!!!! :D

This is pics while I was Geocaching last year.

Must be really tired again (I know...poor excuse! :lol: ) but can someone please explain what 'geocaching' is? :blink::ph34r:

Basically the updated version of letterboxing. You use a GPS unit to find a location where something is hidden. It's usually some kind of container with an object in it. You can take the object so long as you replace it with something else. You should also find a log book where you can record your visit.

Try This site for more info.

Incidentally I haven't tried it myself yet although I think there's one or two caches in my area.

Thanks Muz for explaining what geocaching is. The link was very useful too. :D

Sounds like it'd be good fun actually. :D

Kind of like a very technical International Treasure Hunt. ;)

Basically thats what it is, a big national Treasure Hunt. I love it. I get plently of exercise plus it helps take my mind off all my problems. Its just hard to find time to do it because of 3 jobs plus weight lifting and running on the treadmill every day. :(

Sounds great fun Lefty........when do you sleep?

Super pics by the way.

The place looks awesome

Sounds great fun Lefty........when do you sleep?

Super pics by the way.

The place looks awesome

I usually sleep about 5 hours a night. :(

running on the treadmill every day.

You're not a hamster by any chance? :D :P

Ok now spill the beans, where's the location? :)

The one that you're standing between the two rocks looks like the entrance to Fat Man Squeeze at Lookout Mountain TN am I right? If it is I've been there once what a beautiful place the one thing that I loved is being able to see 7 states from one spot. I hope to go back and visit one day again and the other thing that I loved was the Tennessee Aquarium that was fasinating.

Brenda, what fantastic names your places have. They remind me of when I was a kid and we had to make up a Treasure Island map, and we gave all the places wierd and wonderful names, like Dead Mans Cove, etc. A bit like a Disney film :)

The one that you're standing between the two rocks looks like the entrance to Fat Man Squeeze at Lookout Mountain TN am I right? If it is I've been there once what a beautiful place the one thing that I loved is being able to see 7 states from one spot. I hope to go back and visit one day again and the other thing that I loved was the Tennessee Aquarium that was fasinating.

This is at the Breaks Park in VA. Very nice place to visit.

Hi Lefty, I had a thought later. You're not supposed to tell us where it is or you spoil the hunt for someone else :)