Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Pat.UK.

I found my little sister

:blink:

Hi

I am so happy I have found my little sister after 45 year's.It was the result of a broken marriage.We never got to know each other my sister did not know I existed till 18 month's ago her older half sister told her that she had another sister just before she died. My sister did not know what my name was so she could not find me but I was looking for her she was living in the USA.and me in the UK.Then Tuesday of this week I had a phone call to say my Sis was found The organization that had found had phoned her and told her about me looking for her and asked her if she wanted to know about me the answer was yes. And they then phoned me with her number I phoned her and we have been talking since.My sister came back to the UK about 12 years ago we will see each other at the end of the month I live in the south east of England and Sis on the borders of Scotland.

Regards from a very happy Pat.

Wow Pat!!!!!

That must feel amazing. :D :D

Hope the 2 of you can build a relationship after all those years.

Best wishes,

Cat

Yay! Pat, I know you must be so thrilled, it is so great to have sisters, I am so glad and you and her have a great time, thats more than just exciting, its so terrific.

Lesley

Pat,

I had chills running up and down my spine as I read your story. I know exactly what you went through to find her. My father was married before he married my mom and with his first wife they had 3 children together two boys and one girl. We moved to Florida when I was 6 almost 7 but his other children stayed in NH where we are from. My father for his reasons lost contact with his children my siblings but I knew all about them as my dad would mention them from time to time when talking to my grandfather (his dad). Anyway to make a long story short 7 years ago I started to look for them but because my maiden name is common and both my brothers have common first names it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. I tried narrowing down my search and narrowing down my search again etc but still had over 300 possible listings for each of them. I called several numbers to get no I'm not him etc which was depressing some times as they were all long distance #'s and the phone bill was getting high from all the calls. I gave up my search for awhile as I never expected to find them and finding my sister was proving to be more of a struggle because of 2 name changes. Anyway about 4 years ago I start my search again and my dad suggested that I write to the ones that live in cities near military bases because both my brothers were in the Navy we knew this from grandpa. Well I never did that but the really cool thing to this whole story is shortly after that I had a membership with Classmates and so did my sister. I ended up contacting her and she called me and then gave my one brothers info to me. I wrote him an e-mail but it I didn't know he never got it as my sister left out part of the e-mail address by mistake. Anyway months go by no reply so I got a little depressed about it. So for christmas of 2001 I sent him a christmas card with a note in it explaining that I'm his sister. He called me a couple of days before christmas and we've been talking since. I have told him on several occasions that was the best christmas present I've ever had EVER and I mean it.

I know exactly how you are feeling on CLOUD 9. I'm soooooooooo happy for you and her. Let us know how your first meeting goes.

BTW in Jan 2002 My two younger brothers and my sister took a trip to his house and saw each other for the first time in almost 28 years.

This is all so exciting. I have a friend who found her father last year, or I should say, he found her. It was like a movie! She had never known him, and he lives in London. He had married an Englishwoman and has been there for like 40 years. He came here to see her and she went there a couple of times. I was so happy for her. He had no other children but it seems his wife was upset and didn't want her around. How sad. I'm hoping things will work out for them eventually. He's in his 70's and you never know.

hi pat congratulations on finding your sister .

what a great feeling .i am adopted and have found out i have 3 sisters and one brother. i am going to england in july so i will be able to meet my family really excited but very anxious also

I would think that this is an amazing feeling in many ways.

Enjoy the time you two will have together as the memories it will create will last lifetimes!!!

ED

:rolleyes:

Hi

After all this time we met yesterday for the first time in 45 year's.As I said before it was caused by a broken marriage.We were going to meet a few month's ago but thing's kept going wrong I was on holiday then my sister was on holiday other thing's would keeping happening but at last we met. I called her my little sister but she is taller than me same blond hair as mine and her daughter as the same birthday as our daughter (Spooky).We hugged and hugged there were tear's of joy and we talked and talked.We both said we were brought up as an only child but we both had a sister out there somewhere we feel that our Dad who was father to both of us would now be happy to see both of us together now after all these year's but sadly he died many year's ago.We are now going to make up for all those year's my Husband and her Husband get on so well. It's like we have always known each other all the time.We were only children the last time we see each other now we are both Grandparent's. Although we live over 300 miles apart we will see each other as often as possible and keep contact by phone and email.

Kind Regard's a very happy Pat.

Thats lovely Pat,and even better that you get on so well, you will have to make sure you keep the contact going.

Ann

Wonderful news, Pat. I'm very happy for both of you.

Pat, how very special, that after all these years you and your sister were able to find each other. I pray that there will be many happy and healthy years ahead for the both of you to enjoy. :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

That's awesome Pat, congratulations :D

Fantastic news Pat, I hope you will make up for lost time, I don't envy you your phone bill at the moment, lol.

I amm soooo hhapyness gurl fofrr you Pat . All thoose eyeearrs and you botth ffinddedijnng eachotherrss , wowowowiie .

((((((((((( huge slsuhy gurl hug )))))))))))))))

Hi Pam

We are on talk unlimited on our phone if I dont phone we still pay the same bill so I will get my money's worth from my phone company.Started already.

Regard's Pat. :rolleyes::rolleyes: