Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Gwen

New York Five borough Bike tour

Hi everyone,

I participated in the Five Borough NY bike tour yesterday. It was a 42 miles tour. I'm so happy that I was able to participate in this tour as an amputee.

I just wanted to share this with you and encourage you to ride your bike. It's really a great sport for amputees. Swimming is also good.

I love this forum. Take care.

Gwen

Wow Gwen!!!!!!!

That's fantastic :D :D :D

I agree bikes are great excersise and great fun.

Good on you!!!

Cat

Thats excellent Gwen,

Well done, just food for thought would you have done this if you had not lost your leg! Only because there are things i wish to do now that i would'nt have considered doing before the amputation, its amazing what drives you.

What a great accomplishment Gwen!! :D

Incidentally, are you BK or AK?

And, more importantly, are you acheing today?! ;)

Thats great gwen, you dont say if your above or below if you are above can you let me no if you get pinches and what type of socket you use.

Thanks for your replies! I'm a below knee amputee. Afet, I didn't have too much pain the following day. I was surprised.

I use a custom tech liner and I have a renegade foot. I also use an anti perspirant spray on my stump before I ride my bike.

Fireman Si, I agree with your comment. I've always loved sports but I've had even more drive since my amputation. I would love to go for a triathlon. I need to pratice the running. I will need a lot of training. Has any of you trained for a triathlon? The running must be the most difficult part.