Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
jberna

ACA's 2005 15th Annual Educational Conference

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

Hey, I was thinking it might be helpful for everyone who was thinking of going to the ACA convention in Dallas to agree to meet at a certain time/place. It would be a shame to get home and realize we missed each other...PLUS we could take a group photo and post it here...wouldnt that be FUN? :D

I have a sister in dallas so will be staying with her, not sure which days I will be at the convention....does anyone feel qualified to set a time/place for this meeting? I have never been to one, so am pretty clueless about events, how things go.... :ph34r:

If no one steps up, I may have to set the date and hope someone shows up....

Judy

Utah

LBK

Judy

I'm still new on this list, but I will be in Dallas. I have my room booked and my flight paid for. I'd love to get together with the group. Last year I got to put a face with the many I know from other lists. After all that's half the reason everyone goes.

rayb

lbk

columbus ohio

Does anyone know the total cost to go, it would be awesome to go, and the dates, when does it start and end? I have school in august so hopefully I can make it to Dallas!!!!

Lesley

I don't live in the US these days, and don't have time to go to local "amputee" events in Australia anyway - too busy with the rest of my life.

-K

I really want to but haven't decided if I'm "ready" for a trip by myself. I need to decided real soon!

Marcia,

I'm going to be attending the conference if you want we can share the room. I'll PM you the information later and let you know what it will cost you.

It'd be cool if all us Aussies could go over and create havoc.... :blink: ...errr......I mean learn from and support other amputees. :unsure:

I'm sure that we would learn much from you Aussies, so why not do it.

Cat,

Maybe you could get a group rate on air fare. Maybe John Travolta would come pick you all up. :P Doesn't he fly for Quantas (sp)? That would be way cool.

I'd love to meet you all.

Hey Cat I think you would be the life of the PARTY so figure out a way and come join us in DALLAS! We understand if you can't but it would be nice if you can.

Sigh.....thanks for wanting us there but I think my overseas visits are a couple more years away. By the way if any Aussies ARE thinking of going I know of some cheap fares to LA and beyond so just send me a message

I'm going, I'm going!! I'm registered, have flight and room reservations. I'm really excited. Just hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. <_<

Marcia don't eat the tickets!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Marcia. You can do it and you will. I look forward to meeting you there. :)

Cat,

:P :D :P

I live in Dallas. Where can I find info about this conference? I became a RAK on September 6th 2003.. I have never been to any type of conference for amputees.. What goes on at this conference??

It's the Amputee Coalition of America annual conference. I don't know exactly what goes on I've never been. There is a website.

REGISTER TODAY AND SAVE $90

2005 ACA ANNUAL EDUCATION

CONFERENCE & EXPOSTION!

August 11-13, 2005@

The Dallas Fairmont Hotel

Don't miss out on this wonderful 3-day event

Early-bird registration ends on June 15th

Click on the link below to register NOW!

http://www.amputee-coalition.org

For more information call toll free - 1-888-567-5669, 8102

See you in the Lone Star State!!

Hi Johnny,

I'd love to go and take the whole crew-maybe next year. I'm sort of hoping that it will be a little closer to home. Hong Kong was a great location last year-bit more central.

Maybe then Limbs 4 Life might also have some $$$$$ in the account.

Mel.

So far we have 5:

Judy - Utah

Marcia - Biloxi, MS

RayB - Columbus, Ohio

Brenda - Central Florida

JohnnyV - New York

Johnny,

Are you going to set a time and place for meeting up?

Johnny,

Are you going to set a time and place for meeting up?

Yes. So that we can get together as early as possible, I will hold a table for whoever can meet me:

Thursday, August 11 12:00 pm 1:00 pm Plated Lunch International Ballroom

(This is one of the meals that is provided as part of the conference)

I'm not sure exactly when yet, but we will also be meeting in what is being called a common ground room, which is open:

Thursday from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm,

Friday from 10:00 am untill 5:00 pm, and

Saturday from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm

I will get back to you on the second time.