Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
jberna

ACA's 2005 15th Annual Educational Conference

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

:rolleyes: YES, I WILL BE THERE. HAVE ROOM AND TICKET.....I AM GOING CUZ I NEED TO MEET SOME AKA'S... THIS HAS BEEN A VERY DIFFICULT TRANSITION FOR ME....I HAVE WRITTEN MOST OF THE SUPPORT GROUPS IN TEXAS AND HAVE NOT RECIEVED AN ANSWER BACK SO I FEEL THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO MEET PEOPLE...

SEE Y'ALL THERE....NANN

BTW... HOW WILL I KNOW WHICH TABLE IS YOURS...

This is one of the best ways to meet others. You'll have the opportunity to network with many Texas groups.

Johnny - great idea on the lunch table.

rayb

Ray - are you going too?

I am SO looking forward to meet everyone! I'm not as mobile as most but am gonna give my best. See you there.

So far we have 5:

Judy - Utah

Marcia - Biloxi, MS

RayB - Columbus, Ohio

Brenda - Central Florida

JohnnyV - New York

I will be there!

:rolleyes: YES, I WILL BE THERE. HAVE ROOM AND TICKET.....I AM GOING CUZ I NEED TO MEET SOME AKA'S... THIS HAS BEEN A VERY DIFFICULT TRANSITION FOR ME....I HAVE WRITTEN MOST OF THE SUPPORT GROUPS IN TEXAS AND HAVE NOT RECIEVED AN ANSWER BACK SO I FEEL THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO MEET PEOPLE...

SEE Y'ALL THERE....NANN

Do you live in Texas? If so what city? I am a member of the Dallas Amputee Network. We have meetings every 2nd Monday of the month.

SEE Y'ALL THERE....NANN

I'll be sitting at it. So look at my profile and you will know what I look like. I look forward to seeing you there Nann.

Updated list we have 7 now. Anyone else?

Judy - Utah

Marcia - Biloxi, MS

RayB - Columbus, Ohio

HipHop - Dallas, Texas

NANN - Fort Worth, Texas

Brenda - Central Florida

JohnnyV - New York

Hi JohnnyV and everyone else,

I will also be attending the conference and look forward to meeting all of you!

Cheri (from CA)

Updated list we have 8 now. Anyone else? The table is not full.

Judy - Utah

Marcia - Biloxi, MS

RayB - Columbus, Ohio

HipHop - Dallas, Texas

NANN - Fort Worth, Texas

Cheri - California

Brenda - Central Florida

JohnnyV - New York

We can add krazy1200 (Karen) to the list as well. Karen I hope you don't mind me adding this.

Updated list we have 9 now. Anyone else? The table is still not full.

Judy - Utah

Marcia - Biloxi, MS

RayB - Columbus, Ohio

HipHop - Dallas, Texas

NANN - Fort Worth, Texas

Cheri - California

krazy1200 (Karen) - Orlando, FL

Brenda - Central Florida

JohnnyV - New York

Brenda,

I was thinking of putting Karen's name down too!

Well, better you than me... :D lol Just kidding, she won't mind! In fact, she'll thank you because this way she'll have a spot at the table! She's on vacation right now, otherwise I'm sure we'd be hearing from her.

Look forward to meeting you Brenda!

Cheri

Hi, ya'll! Thank you, Brenda for putting me on the list for lunch. I'm so looking forward to meeting people, learning things, and having a great time!!! :-)

Karen

Updated list we have 7 now.

Judy can't make it. :(

Anyone else? The table is not full.

Marcia - Biloxi, MS

RayB - Columbus, Ohio

HipHop - Dallas, Texas

NANN - Fort Worth, Texas

Cheri - California

Brenda - Central Florida

JohnnyV - New York

What about Karen (Krazy 1200)?

OOPS ! :blink: Thanks Marcia. :unsure:

Updated list we have 8 now.

Anyone else? The table is not full.

Marcia - Biloxi, MS

RayB - Columbus, Ohio

HipHop - Dallas, Texas

NANN - Fort Worth, Texas

Cheri - California

krazy1200 (Karen) - Orlando, FL

Brenda - Central Florida

JohnnyV - New York

Hey guys! It is me....long lost Judy (jberna)...Johnny shocked my sock (not socks..) off this week by calling to check up on my Dallas status. I hated to break it to him that I wont be there. It was a hard choice to make. It would have been one of the easiest ones for me to attend, since my sister lives in Dallas and I could stay with her. But it came down to finance, mainly.

I learned to ski last january, started lessons on my one year anniversary of my amputation. I loved it. My kids and husband all ski well and I cant wait to join them this year. By being locals here in Utah we can basically all ski with season passes for the same money I would have needed to go to Dallas. I felt like I couldnt justify going this year, if it meant all of us having to pass on a whole season of skiing as a family.

I hope you all understand...I will think of you that weekend and I hope you all have a FANtastic time...please take some pictures and SEND THEM TO ME! I love pictures!

Things are going well here, although I dont get to check in nearly as much as I'd like. Summer is here, four kids home from school, and we are busy exploring the world every day. I love the comfort of my suction leg, most days I dont think at all about it being 'not real'.

I again want to thank all of you who DO check in here often and are a great support for those new people who are joining. I often send people here, when I meet other amputees in public and by phone. I truly love you guys here and the support you provide.

When school starts I promise to check in more often! ;)

Judy

LBK

Utah

Judy,

We'll miss you but we certainly understand that you're family comes first and you know that you made the right decision because you're getting to do things with your family that you only once were able to dream about. DREAMS CAN AND DO BECOME REALITY! You're accomplishments in this last 1 1/2 have been AWESOME!

I'm very PROUD of you and the decision you made to get you to where you are today.

Love

August 5, 2005

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Amputee Coalition of America

900 E. Hill Avenue, Suite 285

Knoxville, TN 37915-2568

Marketing/Outreach Coordinator

888/267-5669 ext. 8135

mgoins@amputee-coalition.org

ACA LOWERS ON-SITE ANNUAL CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEE

Knoxville, TN – Thanks to last minute funding, the Amputee Coalition of America (ACA) is reducing on-site registration costs for our Annual Conference and Exposition to be held at the Fairmont Hotel in downtown Dallas August 11-13.

On-site registration will be $325 for ACA members and $425 for non-members, a discount of $125! On-site registration opens on Wednesday, August 10 at noon in the Regency Foyer of the Fairmont Hotel. Please call the ACA toll-free at 888/267-5669 for further information.

“Changing Direction: Leading the Way to Better Care” is the theme of the 2005 conference and issues related to amputation, pain control, technology, fitness, gait training, and advocacy will be covered in three days of nonstop sessions, events and social activities. Attendees will learn how the ACA is working to launch the largest advocacy campaign in ACA history. Experts from Walter Reed Army Medical Center’s Amputee Center of Excellence will present information about the ACA/WRAMC partnership for peer support of our troops injured in global conflicts.

Founded in 1986, the Amputee Coalition of America (ACA) is a national 501©(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee. The mission of the ACA is to reach out to people with limb loss to empower them through education, support and advocacy. With a grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 1997, the ACA established the National Limb Loss Information Center (NLLIC), the nation's most comprehensive source of information for people living with limb differences. For more information, visit http://www.amputee-coalition.org or call toll free 888/AMP-KNOW.

Okay, its last call for Dallas. I leave on Tuesday. You can reach me at the Fairmont where I will be staying. Just ask for John Vacca. I look forward to seeing you there. :)

I leave on Wed and you can get me also at the Fairmont and you can ask for Brenda Canup.

I will also be arriving Wednesday. Just ask for Marcia Marie. Can't wait to meet everyone!

I hope you all have the BEST time.

Wish I could get over there to meet you all but my car won't float. :lol:

Enjoy!!!

Cat