Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Mandy

Where Are You From?

What part of the world do you live in?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What part of the world do you live in?

• UK
    • Europe
    • US
    • Canada
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Other

Just curious really as to what makes up the membership on these forums. Its anonymous (unless you choose to post your home town ;) ) so have no fear as far as privacy goes. If I've left your country/continent out please forgive me.....the list is made up from those members I know of and a few others....my geography is not that good. :P

Edit: Aaaaarrrgh! Don't view the results before you've voted.....like me :wub: , coz then it won't let you vote.

I'm from London, UK.

Great idea Mandy!

Clermont, Florida (near Disney) in the house!!

I live in Central Fl....... I know it's a big area.... lol

Brenda

I think I did this before,but I'll do it again. :huh: My name is Vince. I'm originally from Chicago, moved to Homestead Fl.,left after Andrew :blink: and now live in Georgia. I'm a recent(4/14) bilateral ak amputee. Waiting to get fitted in Sept. for my legs. :D I'm doing really well, after all I'm still alive. Have enjoyed this forum very much. Still working on the support group up here, getting closer to a start. Thanks for being here to help so many people. ;)

HI, I'm from a small village 25 miles south of Aberdeen called Gourdon. For anyone that does not know Aberdeen is in Scotland. I would love to chat to everyone, but people nearer home would be nice.

:wub:

Hello, my name is Irene and i'm from Texas B) . Been a LBK for a year. Been doing good, there are times i would like to talk to someone about the ups and downs. Looking for a support group to get involved. I work full time and been working out for past 4 months, except last month cause i had sore :( on my knee and had to let that heal. I guess all in all i'm okay.

Irene

Welcome Irene!

This forum is a great place to ask questions and get advice. You might also check into a local support group.

I voted earlier, but didn't introduce myself. I'm from Central Florida and have been a RBK since March 2003. I live on the east coast, but spend a lot of time in the Orlando area.

Hi Irene: my name is Carol and I'm from Minnesota. Just had surgery in August and would enjoy talking back and forth with someone who's been there and can understand. Look forward to keeping in touch. Take care of yourself and welcome!

Hi, :D

I am from the beautiful foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in the Northeast corner of Georgia.

Hey byteme12, what part of Georgia are you from? <_<

Kimberly

Hi! Kfarmer. I'm in Peachtree city, about 20 mins. south of Atlanta. Been here now for 9 yrs. Bet the fall colors are great up there! Feel free to post or e-mail me with anything, questions ,jokes or just to talk. :D Vince

hi i am from devon england orginally but now live in bordeaux france lost my leg 2 yrs a go now whilst living here sarah

Hi everyone, I live in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. One of the most popular beach resorts in the State. We enjoy all the tourist in the summer, then for the winter, they head for that Florida Sunshine. B)

Sheila

Keep Smiling :)

I'm from Dorset in south west england. We enjoy hundredes of tourists in the summer and it is very popular for water sports and has the biggest natural harbour in the world!!

This site has answered many of my questions before and after my amputation (9/03). Thanks :) :P

OOTAH, yep that's right I'm from good old Utah, United States. Ya the one that they hosted the 2002 Olympics at. From the looks of it I'm the only one on the good ol'Rocky Mountains. :unsure: Well, there's always e-mail right. Guess I should say my name is Nicole and I've been a AK for 9+ years. I'm a survivor of childhood Osteogenic sarcoma(bone cancer) and an ambasador of hope for the American Cancer Society. :D

:rolleyes: I am 34 and live in Christchurch, Dorset, England. In March 2003 I had a Bi-lateral below knee.

Starting next week 11-15-03 I'll be living right next to the Beautiful but cold Lake Tahoe. I'll be living on the North Shore near the Ca/Nv border on the Ca side. :D

HI all - I'm from Peoria, Illinois in the U.S. I enjoy seeing all the responses to amputee issues from around the world in this forum. I've never been outside the U.S. and seeing the responses from fellow amputees in other countries has been extremely enlightending for me.